POST YOUR FACE WHEN PEOPLE BUY THE RX480 AND THEIR POWER SUPPLIES MELT AND MOTHERBOARDS BURN

POST YOUR FACE WHEN PEOPLE BUY THE RX480 AND THEIR POWER SUPPLIES MELT AND MOTHERBOARDS BURN

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480/Overclocking-Current-Testing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw R9 290 with proper PSU
>mfw dual 8-pin power connectors
>mfw my motherboard is at no risk

>tfw this actually happens

Actually have no knowledge of the problem.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry

>implying nvidia shills know anything about tech
If they did they wouldn't be shilling Nvidia.

>confusing nvidia memes with AMD

Just how new are you?

RX 480 is the new house fire card, haven't you heard?

Why didn't they just put an 8 pin connector on it? Did they think people would see the 6 pin connector and assume it uses very little power?

>RX 480 is the new house fire card, haven't you heard?

Heard of what, the slight overdraw that all cards (including those made by nvidia) also do?

Nothing will ever run hotter than fermi; the line of cards that melted and ACTUALLY caused house fires.

Yes.

>Nothing will ever run hotter than fermi; the line of cards that melted and ACTUALLY caused house fires.

Welcome to the new RX 480, the housefires are coming

And now AMD's lower end cards use as much power as Nvidia's high end cards. They've lost the efficiency game this generation. The housefire meme applies to AMD because of that this generation.

Reminder that the house fire meme is stupid because house fires burn at ~600C/~1100F and any actual fire caused by a graphics card is going to be caused by a defect on an individual unit rather than the heat of the card at normal conditions. A card that runs at 60C with shittier build quality is more likely to start a house fire than one that runs at 105C with excellent build quality.

Lower temperatures and power consumption are good because it means your card will probably last longer and you can use a lower watt PSU, that's about it.

>THEIR POWER SUPPLIES MELT
What cheap chinese shit are you fucking faggots using?

>ACTUALLY caused house fires.
I'm gonna need a citation on that claim. The 480 was an insanely hot running and power hungry GPU, but I've never heard of any house fires caused by it.

post your face when Nvidia adds a 5 cent bonus to your paycheck this month

No fun allowed

probably soildgear

I wonder who was behind this post...

>ignore that nvidia is the only manufacturer of gpu that has actually burned a house down,melting psu and motherboard

Asustek

The RX 480 has only been out for one day, give it some time for the house fires to come won't you

>Asus
I don't think so. Not one any consumer can buy for a home build, that's for sure.

Diablotek

Not gonna happen. Keep shilling for free though, cuck.

>people are surprised

AMD is the king of overlooking things.

Their conferences are sloppy as fuck. In a way, I subconsciously felt this.

>Nothing will ever run hotter than fermi
As it happens stock 480s are hotter than Fermi.
>VMs reaching 120C
Keked.

MEME CARD HOUSEFIRE POO FUELED EDITION

>comparing a rx480 with fermi

>10 rubies have been deposited to you nvidya account

It's finally over, AMD is finished.

AMD lost every generation.. It's complete shit, unless you wanted to farm bitcoins back in the day.

>Heard of what, the slight overdraw that all cards (including those made by nvidia) also do?
This is the first card anyone knows about that overdraws. That's why it's a big deal.

Otherwise nobody would care.

>GTX 480 causing housefires
>RX 480 causing housefires

it's like pottery

Nobody ever bought a GTX 750 Ti, what's your point?

>even nvidia ones do
Like the gtx 960?

kek'd

>mfw coming from 7870
>still draws less power

What's the problem? If my 200W+ 7870 didn't burn the house down, the RX480 won't.

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

C'mon AyyMDrones. This is just sad now. Referring to price/performance charts and 4K edge in still unplayable fps is laughable. Your card is shit, also it's still baffling that people buy shit like FE or 85 degrees air blowers.

>64w avg

and?

rx 480 pulls 80w avg from mainboard

wtf. how?

>tfw when in the .99% of people who have a 980 Ti

it's a console-tier card, of course it's popular. pc gaming kiddies buy it to think they feel superior to their "console peasant" friends

But the rx480 pulls more from the mobo which will melt the tiny little filaments carrying the power

I just didn't expect a 750 card to be up that high compared to 770 for example.

So I will wait for AIB versions with 8-pin connector, problem solved.

Also I didn't hear of anyone's mobo dying from the GTX 960 which also pulled more than 75W from the PCIe slot.

but it doesn't

The Asus model did

It did?

Stop blaming nvidia for asus being shit you cunt.

>Doesn't know how to solder a direct 12V line to the PCI-e slot

lol children. Bet your parents don't even let you use the deep fryer.

I'm not blaming Nvidia you illiterate fool, just mentioning how overdrawing is a non-issue.

GRAPHICS CARDS DONT BURN HOT ENOUGH TO BURN HOUSES

no it doesn't.

Never forget that pajeets are monkey tier.

is that an adams apple?

Hey guys, is a blower 980 worth it for about $300? Brand new. I have a 1080/144 monitor and an R9 380. Just want something new desu.

lol You are talking about the average like that matters when they are both fucking the board.

A lot of people don't understand it's not about the spikes, it's about the average. The 80+ watts constant generates heat, heat that the slot wasn't designed to take, eventually the solder fails, power leaks everywhere and you have a housefire.

That evolved quickly to delicious disaster scenario.

>average doesn't matter
The average matters because the specification is there for a reason, it's not designed for that much heat flowing through the connector. Spikes don't mean shit because the card/board can take that shit without blowing. The heat goes through the motherboard weakening the solder and the causing separation, you end up with a brick board or sometimes short circuits and possible fires.

480 is now the number of the devil

problem?

Surely no one is stupid enough to buy AMD?

You're on Sup Forums...

Nvidia has nearly 90% marketshare. Its safe to assume that only a few dumb rajeets on Sup Forums buy AMD

Not for long

Well its all over the internet. The gpu is pulling power it shouldnt be. On cheap mobos it can literally fry the onboard soundcard

>buy a new gpu
>then have to do diy to make it so it doesnt kill you.

No thanks.

Why didn't the strix960 do that though? It spiked to 250w multiple times in a 60 second loop from tomshardware.

Possibly. The 480 apparently pulls 200w.
It uses 3w shy of a 1080 under load.
Toms Hardware pulled their tests as they said they didnt want their boards frying

>cherrypicked graph

>1080 pulls 203w
>throttles because it's a housefire
it's incredibly how efficient nvidia's spaceheaters are

Just have a fire extinguisher next to your computer for whenever this thing overheats, problem solved

Strix works fine, it's the sustained power draw that is the problem, not spikes

post your face when you are so desperate for a monopoly on hardware and hate progress in tech

Unfiltered spikes will definitely be a problem on cheap boards, especially when it spikes that high.

Motherboard vendor literally said spikes are fine.

The problem is sustained power draw

>it's the sustained power draw that is the problem, not spikes
i'm sure you think surge protectors are a scam too

"One vendor told me directly that while spikes as high as 95 watts of power draw through the PCIE connection are tolerated without issue, sustained power draw at that kind of level would likely cause damage. "

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480/Overclocking-Current-Testing

yeah nice going there nvidia

>Forced laughter

Yes. Yes it is.

>the slight overdraw that all cards (including those made by nvidia) also do
>This is the first card anyone knows about that overdraws. That's why it's a big deal.
It's not really clear that this is something people were looking at before. It might have just gotten noticed here because AMD lowballed their power consumption.

Tom's tests all cards for this, the 480 is the first one to go over the limit

lol oops

talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

>AMD Radeon R9 200 Series: 1.74%
>R9 270, R9 270X, R9 280, R9 280X, R9 290, R9 290X (and maybe R9 285 R9 295)
>8 videocards combined
>1/3 of the users of 970 GTX, 1 card
Rest in peace Raja.

HOLY SHIT

>mfw R9 290 TriX
>mfw it runs everything perfectly
>mfw consumer cucks arguing over the latest meme cards

Who is that?