What does Sup Forums use to connect pc to the big screan when you want to use it as a home theatre...

What does Sup Forums use to connect pc to the big screan when you want to use it as a home theatre? Was looking at this and I might get it, distance is super short though, would get something with better range if I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815637007&cm_re=wireless_hdmi_transmitter_and_receiver-_-15-637-007-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i use a cable

looks kinda like this

that's why you'd get wireless

I mean the 15 ft thing would be pretty crap but I can get anything on my desktop on my laptop anyway so it's not a bother, but if you can get better why not

VGA looks like ass on a television by the way.

yeah I don't know why they did that, they have something for hdmi though so you can work around it, a lot of stuff about it that's weird like that that's why I wanted to look for something more solid

Chromecast

I was looking at this for my own distant future.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815637007&cm_re=wireless_hdmi_transmitter_and_receiver-_-15-637-007-_-Product

>wireless video
just go get a $10 50 foot hdmi cable
I ran one from my tv to the couch, and hid it under a rug
it just werks

I use this in my living room to send video from my Roku to my ceiling mounted projector.

>Not attaching Roku to projector

The fuck is wrong with you?

isn't that run with phone uses an app? I want desktop to pc, the most you can use with chromecast is mirroring chrome browser, that's it

Chrome can cast from certain services just like Roku if screen streaming isn't your thing

You can cast from just about any website that uses an html5 video player

Because wireless displays still suck ass.

People underestimate how fucking huge uncompressed video is. Just transmitting 1080p @ 60 FPS requires a minimum of ~3Gbps/~375MB/s. Currently no wifi configuration in existence can deliver this speed 24/7.

Even if we manage to deliver ~5Gbps (overhead is good) over wifi 24/7 someday, we still have to deal with input lag caused by wifi (50-100ms or more).

Shit fucking sucks, I want wireless displays as much as the next guy but fuck it's gonna be a while before technology comes into existence that's worth a shit for wireless displays.

Use videostream, any file on your computer on a TV

they're all just gimmik devices that stream from web apps like netflix, most of my shits on torrent i'm not gonna bother with 3rd party apps

Heard of running it through a wall? they have wall ports meant for those you can connect it to

I guess that's why everything has to be line of sight, within 20ft

It's definantly not a great solution, but my situation is unique. I don't have a regular ceiling to mount things to or run power/speaker wires across/through.

actually I think this is exactly what I need, it goes straight from pc to tv and has better range, it costs about twice as much though

When I assemble any computer I use, I make sure to have a motherboard and graphics card that have HDMI outputs. From there I can use simple adapters if I need a DVI, VGA, etc output.

>Casting display wirelessly

Are people really this dumb?

There is literally enough signal pollution in the air - if you're running a WiFi router with a bunch of devices connected throughout the day, possibly even on top of wireless mouse and keyboard..

HDMI data cables can transmit reliably even up to 10m+ away and are cheap as dick, how far away is your screen exactly..

Will this work on raspberry pi?

I use a Chromecast.

hdmi or an apple TV

over there

just use a cable

i just don't cast.

/thread

I use a home server running Debian with samba and a dlna client.