-Updates takes approx 4 hrs and breaks your system
-Ads everywhere, have to pay extra for ad free experience
-Can't even change fonts

>Muh softwares
Are you saying you browse Sup Forums and don't know about virtualization
>>Muh hardware acceleration
Educate yourself: virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#pcipassthrough
>Why do you have to use virtual machine, are you just being a hipster
This would be true but there is no way to justify Microsoft's policy on forced upgrades and adware in security patches.
>Why keep the machine busy with VMs
Why not, not like you are using a pre 2005 system. Also, you don't do video rendering on your laptop on a traffic, do you?
>There is no privacy
Anything is better than having your private folders accessed to
>Do you hide something?
As a foreigner why exactly should I let my files open to a US secret service?

Windows is prone to viruses and malware vulnerability. It's a pain in the ass to debug if anything goes wrong. Windows belongs to VMs

Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Win7 ends in 2019

2019 will be the year I give up on Windows

and get a mac

Furthermore, PCI passthrough technology is maturing very quickly. Operating systems should not be restricted by it's software anymore.

I hope they are working with combining Seamless/Unity mode so that multimonitor requirement becomes irrelevant.

Mac versions of software are actually dumbed down. I know you are not going to believe me but I realised it when me my friend were working with Minitab. The functionality were not the same, windows version was definately more feature rich and some features needed him to upgrade his product

Can you share files between OS HDDs w/ a KVM/QEMU setup, yet?

Use virtualbox, and there are shared folders, drag and drop, shared clipboard, USB hotplugging and PCIE passthrough for me. It's a complete package

I used to have a Windows 7 VM with VGA-Passthrough on my Linux box. Windows 10 has become so disgusting that I decided I won't even put it on my Linux machine hosting several other Linux VMs, and build a separate cheap throwaway PC for it, isolated it on a different subnet and do a whitelist firewall. It only runs Vidya and 1 proprietary CAD software with dongle protection that I needed for werk.

Ah, glad to I see someone saw the light. Virtualization server is not a bad idea though

Modern anti-piracy DRM is designed to detect VM environments and prevent the game from working

Enjoy your Tuxracer

software that cant be VM'd and has no linux alternative

>shits on your privacy
Prove it
>Windows 7 is dying soon
Good. Get on 10.
>Updates takes approx 4 hours.
No it doesnt.
>have to pay extra
Pay extra for what?
>Cant even change fonts
...LIke I even give a fuck.
>Don't know about virtualization
I do
>Virtualbox
VMware runs circles around that shit fest

>Policy on forced upgrades
Yes, lets patch Windows 7 Home, Home Premium, Enterprise, Ultimate, all the flavors of Vista, all the flavors of Windows 8 AND 8.1. Much easier to deliver patches to just Windows 10 Home, Pro, Enterprise and the Windows Server Platform.

>No privacy.
Define privacy. This goes back to the first point. Prove it.

>Modern anti-piracy DRM is designed to punish poor people
ftfy

>I work for Microsoft and I know what's best for you.

Did you even read OP?

No amount of damage control is going to change the common knowledge of Windows 10 being spyware. This thread gas a different topic

>prove it

arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

this

so what

They moved virtualbox from main to contrib, because of a nonfree compiler. Any good alternatives on linux? Or is software from contrib actually safe?

denuvo protected games work just fine in qemu kvm

Go back to primary school and learn how to read

Vista is comfy senpai and I have a Windows 7 laptop that is supported till 2020.

>-Shits on your privacy
meh
>-Windows 7 is dying soon
so?
>-Updates takes approx 4 hrs and breaks your system
haven't downloaded a single update after initial install, besides both things are false you fucking lying nigger
>-Ads everywhere, have to pay extra for ad free experience
Haven't seen a single ad thanks to debloat script
>-Can't even change fonts
meh
>Windows is prone to viruses and malware vulnerability. It's a pain in the ass to debug if anything goes wrong. Windows belongs to VMs
I don't remember the last time I got a virus or malware

nigger

why do freetards care so much what software other people use?

why do religious fanatics care so much what religion other people belong to?

Tech board, winucuckold

that doesn't answer my question at all

>Windows 7 is dying soon
>soon
>4 years left
OH GOD

It's a place where you're supposed to care

you should never care about how other people live their lives, it's none of your business.

If you're indifferent, why are you here?

>implying this board is only here to convert windows users to free software

are you retarded or something? i came to this thread to ask a simple question, which has yet to be answered.

It's been answered a long time ago

no, it has not.

See

Current Hardware doesn't support it (Built in 2011)
No need to upgrade for a while, completely going Type-1 next build even if I have to abandon "the best parts for the time" to do so.
It's not just principle, but also convenience and containment.
You can just "run" windows and launch your software/game then close it and "launch" the Linux desktop you want with all your other shit.

>Linux = privacy

You cannot hide your browsing habits from your ISP.

What's that? You VPN into TOR from behind 18 proxies? You're on a government watchlist.

Just face up to the fact that Linux is a broken, hobbyist's OS and it's perceived benefits are only of interest to a tiny percentage of the population. Stop pleading fellow anons to adopt it.