Who bought a reference 290 from newegg for $199 last year?

Who bought a reference 290 from newegg for $199 last year?
How's it holding up? Is it as housefire tier as the 480 turned out to be?
Is it loud?

Was it a good buy?

Seemed like a good deal at the time but whatever I got Titan x sli because I'm not poor

>lying on Sup Forums
Why?

almost did but decided to get a b-stock 970 instead. better OC headroom and better cooler, putting a meme cooler on the 290 would've violated warranty and turned my PC into a space heater.

How much did that cost?

I've had a reference 290 since basically launch.
Mine OCs well (stable at 1117). Seems to score higher than the stock RX 480 in benches. Loudness has to be at least 55dB. Would not recommend a reference one even.

>150 watts
>housefire
i want the summerfags to leave

go to /gcg/, let this one die

Bump

go back to Sup Forums you fucking faggot

this thread is not technology related unless you're using your card for something other than fucking video games

grow up already manchild

>graphics cards aren't technology
Grow up already manchild

Question: if I buy a sapphire rx 480 with 8 pins, will this be safe for the mainboard?

Yeah.

It'd be safe for the mainboard even if you got a 6pin model. If the Motherboard is delivering more than 75W to the card, the motherboard can handle it anyway.

Lol okay raja, we believe you

I still don't understand why they didn't go with an 8pin instead

cause 8pins makes plebs think that its housefire tier

>he didn't sli 4x titan x
Stay poor friendo

I want to fuck Ruby.

Enjoy your stuttering mess of a pc.

Picked up a reference r9 290 2 years ago for $182 from a miner

Have to set target temp to 93'c instead of stock 95'c, otherwise it gets artefacts once in awhile causing the input signal to my TV to flicker.

Have core clocked at 1060mhz and memory stock, it only clocks to 1280mhz or so on that before it spergs out.

I have all fan slots filled in my define mini case (foam insulated), which is sitting under my desk. The video card is loudest by far but I never notice it over my speakers or headphones while gaming.

Overall a good purchase for me, no driver issues and only good performance. Fucking garbage cooler.

Why don't you buy a new cooler for it? I got a dead gtx570 windforce on eBay for A$35 and put the cooler on my reference hd6870

Enjoy being poor

>mem only goes 1280
>only 1060 core
yikes
before i got a 390 i picked up a vapor-x 290 and it was pretty much already a 390 with less vram
stock clock was 1000~ and vram was at 1500
could easily OC to 1100 core

> 40mhz
Does it really make much difference?