How inept and braindead do you have to be to design a plug in a symmetrical shape?

How inept and braindead do you have to be to design a plug in a symmetrical shape?

I hope the creators of the USB standard end up in an eternal USB plug rotating loop with their electronics.

>USB-C

you mean asymmetrical?
gee, at least learn english

You must be one of the engineers involved in the creation of USB to come up with such a frustrated attempt to derail my thread based on grammer.

Never got the problem with usb, I always feel with my finger which side goes up. (the usb logo is always upwards.)

The plug's shape is symmetrical, fuckwad, the internals are not

SHIT APPLE!!!

>tunelling
I don't know why that image is suddenly popular. As far as I can determine this one was created around the same time and doesn't include spelling mistakes.

How inept and braindead do you have to be to fuck up plugging in a USB?

I hope one day you learn how to do basic shit properly I honestly do.

>le contrarian trollpost XDDDDDD

Have you ever tried plugging in a usb in darkness?

It's hard to check whether you have it the right way around without trying to force it into the machine and breaking the USB device

USB plugs generally have a symbol on the top side (the way the contacts point), sometimes indented or a bump so you can feel it.
The bottom side of the plug faces the PCB that the port is mounted on.
You should be able to work this out.

Same can be said for almost any computer component. You know why plugs/slots are designed so you can only insert devices one way? To prevent people from plugging them in wrong causing a malfunction.

isn't this one the oldest?
doesn't use quantum mechanics though

The USB has an indentation that you can feel up with your fingers, you'd have to be an idiot to fuck it up.

That's not in the USB spec, and only really occurs on the old usb 2 cables. And what about things like USB flash drives?

Flash drives often have some kind of identifier on them to show the top side and you can always look at the connector.

Once you know what side of the connector is the top side, inserting it into a USB port without looking is easy enough for a blind man to do it.

And even then, what if you are plugging it into a vertical usb slot? How do you know which way to put it in then without accurately "feeling" both the cable and the slot. Also this indentation can sometimes appear on both sides of the USB plug so this doesn't always work

I said in darkness, but still applies with vertical slots

What kind of retard just mashes a USB so hard it breaks?

The ladies must love you...

>what if you are plugging it into a vertical usb slot?
You don't know where the PCB is?

Take a computer for example, unless your motherboard is BTX and mounted on the left of your case then it will be on the right, which means the bottom will be on the right side, top on the left.

This isn't rocket surgery.

Third time's the charm

back in middle school, my so called IT teacher forced an USB-A plug into an HDMI port damaging the projector in the process

The point is that you don't want to break it so you don't force it, but if you dont force it, the USB wont lock in anyway

>but if you dont force it, the USB wont lock in anyway
Which is why you don't force it until you feel that it has begun entering the port.
Why god, there are some retards.

Do you have any idea how much more circuit is required on the host end on USB-C vs USB-A/B?

USB-C hosts have to be able to detect the orientation of the connector inserted and flip over the pins. This is not a trivial task, but actually requires special ASICs connected to each port.

this made me laugh

Every so often have to deal with people who can't figure out why their laptop port replicator isn't working, because they jammed the USB plug into the fucking RJ-45 port.

Also troll away but USB ports are gimp to plug in, even if you hold it the right way up there's no guarantee the actual port isn't upside down.

>there's no guarantee the actual port isn't upside down.
The port is never upside down. It is always orientated on the PCB in the same way.

if it's horizontal then it's the solid part on top
if it's vertical then it's solid part on the left

never come across a system that didn't adhere to this

>if it's vertical then it's solid part on the left
BTX systems and cases that mount the (ATX) motherboard on the left rather than the right.

that's not true