>>55351449

How can AMD compete? They trade blows so they're roughly same performance, but the 970 is still cheaper than the rx480.

mwave.com.au/product/msi-amd-radeon-rx-480-8gb-video-card-ab83753

mwave.com.au/product/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-970-windforce2x-oc-twin-turbo-4gb-video-card-ab67472

Cheapest in stock reference 480 vs cheapest in stock non reference gtx 970.

There was also an open box strix 970 for $60 less than the one I linked, but that's open box so it's not fair to compare.

Well the 480 is supposed to be $200 for 4GB, $240 for 8GB, but AMD can't into manufacturing so the prices shot up.

But yes, you're right. At these prices the 970 is a better purchase.

The 480 is a price/performance card, not a top performer like the 1070 or 1080

Should I buy the 970 now, or wait for non reference rx480s to drop in price?

>3.5 gigs
Wait.

>australia
who cares

I waited 4 weeks for the rx 480 and it ended up being crap

Yesterday ordered a gtx 1070, and I'll still have the option to go sli in the following years.

Fuck this waiting bs

>Thinking the 480 was ever going to be on par with the 1070

No. I thought it would be on par with a gtx 980.

Cant even do that, what's the point. Plus the price is insane in yurop due to AMD's incompetence. Fuck that

...is that your SS number?

Fuck.

It shouldn't be too far behind once we get better coolers and power delivery for oc

The waiting game never ends. People waiting for the 480 (other than AMDrones) could now wait for the 1060. Basically, get the best card you can afford on your budget at the time you are buying unless there is a new card coming out in a couple of weeks.

>.au

That explains a lot.

In my case, at the other hand, there is no difference right now - 1350 PLN for 8gb Rx 480 (for some reason, shops pumped the price way too much and offers only 8gb version - thats equal to 230 EUR without taxes or 300 with. At the same time, I could import from US for 1180 with taxes + transport).

Thats about buying new card that is, on avarage, between 970 and 980 (closer to 970 but slightly above) that will outperform in Dx12 (cant predict on Vulkan) vs old model that wont be optimized anymore (some people would suggest that it will be gimped by drivers, but I try to be optimistic here).

The gimping is just a meme

t. nvidiot

Nice cherry picking.
$379 at PCCG for 8gb.

Proof?

it does match a 980 you fucking shill

Look there's delusion and then there's lying, which one are you?
It comfortable matches a 970.

its faster than a 970 except in 3 or 4 nvidia sponsored games

>2016
>buying a card with less than 4GB