Why can't you use the same OS without reinstalling on a different motherboard with the exact same socket type?

Why can't you use the same OS without reinstalling on a different motherboard with the exact same socket type?

You can. I took out my SSD with Ubuntu 14.04 on it and inserted it into another computer, with another motherboard, and it Just Werked[tm]

Im on Windows and on Gentoo.

Socket type isn't the only thing that differentiates mother boards and CPUs.

Is this bait?

sauce

Works on *buntu and Windows 10. Sup Forums is too autistic for those OSes.

>(C82) [Aneko no Techo (Koume Keito)] Nuru Yuri (YuruYuri)

post more lewd yurus

thanks f4m

you can, i haven't had any problems transplanting my windows 7 installation, i've used it on three different motherboards

i guess with some hardware setups there could be compatibility issues but you can run a driver cleaner to increase the chance of success

>three different motherboards
or two actually

what socket type was it?

what about 8.1?

lga 775 but it doesn't matter

I switched from lga 775 to 1151 without a problem OP

>yank hdd from old laptop with windows 10
>plug it to new computer with usb cable
>werks flawslesly thanks to Windows™©® On The Go™©

8.1 may bluescreen every time during bootup if there is incompatibility. Windows 10 on the other hand will reinstall motherboard drivers by itself when moved to a different motherboard. Embrace the botnet.

Because there is copyright protections and piracy protection built into Windows. If they didn't lock your key to a single motherboard then you would be able to just give out your key to people and they would also have a legal copy of Windows. I do agree that this is a pain in the ass and there should be a better way of validation.

why would the electrical interface matter for a software issue?

Did you unistall each driver or something before you plugged in the old OS hard drive

FUCKING MAKIPOSTERS; GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD!!!!

What are you people talking about? Is there supposed to be a problem?

I plugged it in, it said it was scanning hardware changes, it restarted, it booted up.

I honestly had no clue you aren't supposed to be able to do this until OP's thread popped up.

the old motherboard failed, then with the new motherboard i downloaded some disk that i ran before i booted windows the first time

don't lewd the yurus

>can't tell his Maki's from his Akari's

You're an embarrassment to Sup Forums

are you telling me you can take your SSD with windows 7 or 8.1 installed and use it anywhere?

Yurus are not for lewd

I disagree!