Home Computers Connected to the Internet Aren't Private, Court Rules

eweek.com/security/home-computers-connected-to-the-internet-arent-private-court-rules.html

haha

God I hate political cartoons.
Why don't you just label little red riding hood as well? I obviously need your stupid fucking labels to figure out whats going on in the picture. Fuck being subtle: just slap some fucking labels on everything.

Soon even Russians will have more freedom than Murikans. Where will they draw a line on privacy?

why trade recognition for subtlety? for what reason would the cartoons need to be subtle if not doing so would reach a larger audience?

>land of free
kek

>but muh sekrit club

What?

Not gonna tell you

It's funnier and more clever when it's subtle.

Oh no, now people who like to pay child rapists to rape children and send them pictures are going to jail! The horror!

They are speaking the bloody truth since Internet came into existence.

You *never* had any meaningful privacy on the internet. The internet is not a secured network by design. Encryption just keeps honest users honest.

So, basically he said that you should not expect it to be private. Does that mean one would get away with hacking it? What's the implication of all this?

because it insults the audience's intelligence

>not a secure network
Not if they are making it worse with this stuff.

I don't find that a problem, what I do find a problem is that when (not if) a new Hitler arises he'll be having even more ease to find his targets (including behaviour, friends, etc.).

I live in the US. I don't have to worry about Hitler.

I think the 407,300 dead americans and their families beg to differ.

Did 400,000 people really die in the Iraq war?

These are numbers from WW-II (just US). Iraq, I believe wasn't Hitler.

>homes connected to the road network aren't private

Hitler wasn't a US president, moron.

Oh -hello-,

Would you like to see my dog kennels?

what? are you retarded? did you never take US history?

In all seriousness, we should be happy that we live in times where retards like you are not stuffed in the back of a truck and drove away with the exhaust fumes redirected to the back of said truck.

They wont

ftfy

Please explain then how Hitler will have me tracked down via the Internet, and try to exterminate me, when he's on the other side of the planet and has no jurisdiction in this country. If he couldn't kill the Jews living in America, why would anyone else have to worry?

gj man that was really triggering my autism

If the murikan government rips and tears their rights at this rate, soon they will. You guys already have similar democratic systems as well: Minimal amount of parties for maximum democracy and the top 0,1% / oligarchs govern the politicians. Sure, you might always have the right to keep your beloved guns, but it can be hardly considered 'freedom' if that's your only right.

So as the actual user of several home computers connected to the Internet, how does this change anything for me? The US government has never respected my privacy in my 24 years of living, even if I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm sure I'm already on a watch list for using all kinds of free and open source software. Nice to see the government finally mustered up enough testicular fortitude to tell its citizens what they're tax dollars are spent on. They're spent on frivolous shit that harms the average Joe more than it does the bad guys. Surprise surprise!

Because it gives them historical context.

Have you ever seen a political cartoon from the mid 1900's and wondered who one of the people in it was? No because they're labeled.

Public domain.
Same with any files stored therein. Thus P2P is legal, any files sored in corporated computers connected to the internet aren't secret anymore, and Aaron Schwartzwas right.

Some animals are more equal than others

I don't get it

Look at the left dish.

Bastard got what he deserved.

>So as the actual user of several home computers connected to the Internet, how does this change anything for me?
Instead of just monitoring your home's connection to the internet without a warrant this ruling allows them to hack any device connected to the internet without a warrant.

Oh, I see it
How lazy of them

pedos BTFO

Sup Forums is going DOWN

Since all home computers are public domain, does that mean it isnt illegal to fuck with my neighbor's computer now?

You have no clue what are you talking about.
Russians never except government giving any freedom so they never trust them. Government never respects laws so do Russians and if government violates some laws they do nothing because it's excepted behavior.

Sweet, this means politicians computers aren't private either. And now military computers aren't private either.

BRB gonna find out whether area 51 really has aliens and if Hillary is one of them!

>CP case
>Expecting objectivity
'PROTECTING THE CHILDREN IS JUSTIFICATION FOR PASSING/ENFORCING EVERY SHITTY LAW!'

Freedom only comes to those who can buy it.

>Obama's face when the Sup Forumsentoomen find out about the deadly gangster frankenstein computer-god communism and the around-the-corner projection of deadly-touch tarantulas

If this had literally been about anything other than CP it would not stand.

Retard.
-It has to be trivially understood by everyone, including people like you. THUS IT MUST BE MARKED.
-Without the markings, it can be interpreted one of over 500 ways. MAKING THE CARTOON LITERALLY POINTLESS
Fucking inbred.

>implying they haven't been doing it for years
Let them do it. They'll feel pretty dumb when they find 300GB of memes and basic programs like wine, pinta, firefox, virtualbox, etc.

That's their argument?

So, by that logic, if the house live in has its front door unlocked, it's a-ok to barge in and snap pics of you masturbating on Sup Forums?
The right exists regardless of how you enforce it.

On another note, if your house is connected to a street with a door on the front, it's not private.

if u stand on your porch talking with people outside, you're not private. shock!

It's also legal to rape someone if they don't tape their ass shut.

Are you actually shilling in favor of the FBI being entitled to hack into people's computers?

they could label the cartoon before putting it to the archives. usage today > historical purposes

oh really? what else would the dishes be in this context

Pictures of the judge who made the ruling are on the internet so therefore they're public domain.

i still dont get what you are pointing out, i see it says nsa, but what else is there to point out?

wtf, he probably doesnt even use the internet