Apple suing our PCB Lord and Savior

Louis Rossmann is being sued by Apple!
He made a video "about it": youtube.com/watch?v=F7N254MTA4Q
His channel is going to be deleted anytime soon, and here's a backup that's being seeded from GFiber:
kat.cr/louis-rossmann-backup-t12864278.html

Fuck Apple. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/p8ojrup3zoxojk1/Rossmann_FullHD.torrent?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=o1grdmUkHZk
macrumors.com/2014/08/29/inside-apples-pr-practices/
9to5mac.com/2016/07/01/tekserve-closure-louis-rossman-videos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There are already two threads about this.

The torrent isn't complete

i'm using youtube-dl on his channel and am downloading all his videos as we speak. as soon as i figure out how to create a torrent i'll upload it probs.

Thanks for the link, OP. I'll seed it until I die. I'm on a 3Mb up connection, but at least it's something. I'll post the link in the other threads.

200K IN ALIMONY

500K IN CHILD SUPPORT

Le fuck's going on?

what a baby

lmao what a fucking crybaby

Here is the reason for the lawsuit.
>rossman is fighting for right to repair bill that would require apple, and other manufacturers to give schematics to all repair technicians, and possibly publicly accessible.
>meanwhile apple is trying to restrict repair rights so that youre not allowed to repair even without the schematics.

The channel doesnt matter, the store doesnt matter, him using the schematics doesnt matter, he has 0 affect on apples income currently, but if he continued gaining traction (as he was) that would be bad news for apples racket on repair.

This lawsuit will finally set precedent for apple to refuse allowing private repairmen to fix their devices.

mad propz

Hope the judge rules in his favor.

i find it very unlikely, but perhaps with enough community support they will, as long as everyone remembers to contact their local congressmen when the proceedings get under way.

Personally I don't really care for the guy he comes off like a slimeball, but I honestly do hope he defends himself successfully against Apples freedom hating bullshit.

Is there actual proof it's Apple doing this and not someone else?

he's just got shitty hair and a new york attitude, he's actually really pleasant if you have a chat with him.

the video could have been a lot shorter, but I get that he was trying to be as vague as possible for a reason.

Its more than that, he exudes false modesty and reeks of confidence scams.

He really is that modest, and I dont know what a confidence scam is.

He isn't modest, its narcissism.

>A fucking tripfag
>Calling anyone narcissistic

How do you think I recognize it so easily lmao.

Apple is pretty much the only company he shat on so anyone else would be unlikely. It also seems like this is being done outside of DMCA (otherwise his videos would already be down) so that rules out 99% of trolls.

Obnoxious self-righteousness of the former-poor is really making my blood boil.

that wasnt my experience working with him but hey, it's not up to me to decide your judge of character.

I prefer that to "wallow in self pity that you're poor, do nothing, demand handouts"

>lmao
If only there was a way to filter only your posts... Wait! You're a tripfag! Thank you!

sounds like he's on suicide watch.

what is the reasoning behind apples decision to fuck with him?

they want the monopoly on the repairs of their devices I guess. More money for them.

This is so fucking stupid. The premise of the case I mean.

Anyone corporation can make their own schematics of a competitors product by simply opening up the product and reverse engineering it.

I suspect the corporations will win, because there is some merit to their claim. They shouldn't be forced to release that info if they don't want to.

But still, there should be common ground Jesus

there is no evidence that it's actually Apple, so I would kindly suggest to calm your tits, and act like rational human beings, beck up the data and seed it, whatever happens, happens.

Is his repair career over Sup Forums?

He must now repair his life

Why doesn't he just join an electrician's union and make $40.00/hour repairing shit

I literally do not care one bit.

> tfw Mac and iOS user
> tfw watch Louis
> see this happening
> Feel bad for him
> But still like Apple products
wew lad

bump

sucks that he is at risk of losing everything he worked so hard for all these years.
No need to feel sorry for him, because you can tell that this mans been through a lot of shit in his life. He said he was getting bored of repairing motherboards, so maybe this is a chance to change career paths.
All in all, you'll never see this guy homeless or asking for handouts, hes just too smart.

>> tfw Mac and iOS user
Kill yourself.

This

>2025
>computer repair shops are now underground operations
>treated the same as drug trade
>Feds raid repair shops and confiscate home made schematics, disassembled electronics, (de)soldering tools and materials
>corporate SWAT forces by 2030

> tfw I was a lagdroid/Windows users long ago
> virgin
> buy an iPhone, love it
> buy a Mac, love it
> find a qt white tall gf
> we fuck
> not a virgin anymore
> dropped anti-depression meds
t-thanks Applel

Some of you guys are ok. Don't go to the Apple store tomorrow.

Sorry, misspelled bf.

Maybe he has just a mental breakdown? Seems weird to me.

Stop advertising your shitty videos here, Pajeet

Wow

FROGGY NOOO

Kek

wasted 12 minutes watching that video, heard nothing about apple

>heard nothing about apple
You were listening too hard

That's the point . He's being sued by somebody . Even if it's not apple directly is someone fighting on their behalf

We should be permitted to repair computers just like care and appliances

Thanks based user. Fuck Apple srsly

then you're fucking dumb. He can't legally outright say whats actually happening, but he gives a LOT of hints pointing to applel.
Also hes not the only one being affected by this, neighboring repair shops are also at risk of closing.

PR stunt

New full hd torrent
dropbox.com/s/p8ojrup3zoxojk1/Rossmann_FullHD.torrent?dl=0

I've been talking to this reddit fag about the high quality mirrors of his content as well. The one mentioned in OP isn't highest quality and doesn't contain the descriptions. If only Sup Forums would actually let me post magnet links.

>USA
>Muh Freedumb
>Not free to repair a computer board

America is an amazing place.

merchants gonna merchant, I guess

Haha. Shit timing on my part. That's exactly what I was mentioning in

pastebin with magnet link 5HFJ4565

Nah. With his rent, in his location he couldn't get by if we wasn't as good as he suggests. His shitting on TekServe also suggsts he's pretty much the most Thinkpad jewbro in NYC. From among the others, J&R closed several years ago (tragedy), B&H is level 11 Zionist sociopath (not even joking - they've gotten sued over it), and TekServe was pretty much the East Coast store for Apple before they decided they could make an Apple Store.

Kill yourself tripfag faggot.

iOS is like a console, you only have to account for like 4 systems. Each with very similar specs.

It's like Console v. PC. Their are android devices that could easily surpass iOS in game rendering, and their are ones that can't.

desu he deserves it for doing unauthorized repairs and for digging around in shit he has no business digging around in

ITT
Some faggot that repairs electronics takes advantage of a sudden surge in his audience numbers to lie about being forced to shut down his channel in order to get free money from gullible people.
This guy is a pathological liar (the whole "I used to work in a recording studio") and an incompetent.
>hurr 4GB == 4Gb

he didn't mention apple
how low can you go OP?

How much are you getting paid Rajeesh?

10 applelshave been deposited your account pajeet, well done!

Seriously it's a consideration. I've watched Louis for years. He certainly cares about the repair industry, that is obvious. But it's also important to note that he's a guy that wants to grow. I don't think it'd be beyond apple to sue him if they see it being advantageous for them (his channel certainly has grown a lot lately so it doesn't seem implausible).

Apple devices being a hassle to repair is a big chunk of cash for Apple. It's why you find people just buying new shit when it breaks. With android you can just keep them going until you're dissatisfied with the performance (pretty much).

But yeah it's hard to know. I certainly don't think it's implausible that he's being harassed by Apple. Maybe it will go far, maybe it won't.
He has an apple repair shop and has explained in the past that he doesn't repair anything but apple. He has criticized apple on a lot of things in the past.

found the gif I originally wanted to use for this post right after I gave up looking for it

>takes advantage
How is news that your repair shop might be closing good news for your repair shop?

Personally I'd probably not leave it with Louis because who knows what apple will do to devices they find when their mercs (police) raid his place. They will probably torch them and turn them back to the users with a letter putting the blame on Louis.

>corporate SWAT forces
Isn't the police in america already a corporate police force?

please stop these lies
he didn't say it was apple

i know you hate apple because you can't afford Iphone 4s but just stop

I meant how his audience doubled or more ever since he appeared on cuck tips and became popular on a couple of shitty sites.
Don't underestimate how much money gullible people are willing to spend to feel like they are supporting a cause.
If he plays it right then he might earn enough to close his shop and retire.

I don't understand this. The automotive dealerships still have repair business, why does Apple think this will ultimately harm them?

>the whole "I used to work in a recording studio")
He didn't?

Because it will
Every unauthorized repair is money out of their pocket

J U S T

Isn't there laws in placed for automotive repairs though?

Reminder: Apple users have no business being on a tech board.

If there is, I definitely don't want it in computing. Government fucks everything up.

You don't seem to know anything about the repair industry. There's there's auto repair shops that are doing the exact same thing. It's just that there's laws opposing doing what Apple is doing in the auto industry.

So him being politically vocal about this issue makes it sensible for them to silence him.

nothing to do with apple

>I definitely don't want it in computing.
>Government fucks everything up.
Yeah ideally they'd just give it to repair shops so the customer can enjoy the increased value in the device being possible to repair.

But that's not happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1grdmUkHZk

just look at his room
i'm worried that he is mentally ill
and imaging things

rossman actually talked about this exact auto industry thing in a video

we should provide support
I'll post the macrummors archived link where they detail how mac has a real life shilling operation that damage controls anything

SRS?

J U S T
U
S
T

macrumors.com/2014/08/29/inside-apples-pr-practices/

fuck forgot link
9to5mac.com/2016/07/01/tekserve-closure-louis-rossman-videos/

Sure, repair revenue will probably decrease, but it won't stop. Who knows how much it will be affected? I'd certainly rather my device be repaired by Apple as I'm sure a lot of other people are. Particularly their PCs.
Laws concerning what, exactly? Service manuals and factory tools must be available to people aren't in the dealership network, but that's it.
>You don't seem to know anything about the repair industry
The automotive repair industry? I assure you, I do.
>There's there's auto repair shops that are doing the exact same thing.
What? Repairing things? Yea.

I don't know what point your post is trying to make.

WE CYBERPUNK NOW

Know what the funniest part about all this is?

Apple professes to make the best laptops and computers on the planet but, in light of such a claim it sure as fuck does seem like their hardware needs an awful lot of repairing.

Funny, eh? And not funny "ha-ha" funny, but funny "oh shit, he's right" funny.

this desu senpai

he did.
Pajeets just shitposting for pennies.