Operating system requires yearly subscription

>operating system requires yearly subscription
>operating system scans all the text on your screen to give you "recommendations" aka ads
>new hardware doesnt allow older operating systems

What else is next?
>drivers require subscription
>browsers inject ads every hour of browsing done

Install Gentoo

>must use 10 year old cpu you bought from aliexpress

This is the future Im talking about. New cpus doesnt allow gentoo to be installed, and vendors dont sell old cpus anymore because they are not "secure"

CPUs will never be like that.

Free market guarantees it

Really? The same free market that has exploded the use of smartphones, the least free hardware ever created? Personal computer hardware not found in phones that's not completely locked down only exists now because it has been free in recent memory and people would actually be upset about it. Over time, it will slowly disappear, and the consumer won't notice, like a frog in boiling water.

>tfw this is true

On a side note, does S&D Beacon work?

>all the isps are now big brands like google, microsoft, amazon etc.
>you must be using a device approved by them to access internet
>gentoo machines are banned from internet because they pose a a "threat to security"
>they use a software equalavent of 9/11 to justify this
>public eats it like hot cookies

>you must use a proprietary browser (meaning, one that isn't opensource/and or compiled by third parties) to browse the internet

Holy shit. As crazy as this sounds, it isn't even that far fetched.

Next you'll OS will get deactivated if you access torrenting sites

More people should switch to Linux. I didn't like where Microsoft was heading with Windows 10 so I gave Linux a try. The desktop experience is great, I don't know why people say otherwise.

Dont forget that spoofing your adress to look like approved device will be illegal and get you imprisoned.

Daily reminder that every FOSS you use is a step closer to preventing this from happening.

They say otherwise because they are paid astroturfers

user, just use Windows 10 you nerd xD

Oh, to be 14 again...

So, basically

>you must post with your real name and coordinates in order to prevent cyberbullying
>all smartphones are unlocked by fingerprint scanning
>electronic voting
>hard drives are not sold anymore as everything is done “in the cloud”
>the cheapest watch is a $79.99 smartwatch
>JPEG, PNG, GIF, MP3 and MP4 still used as of 2025
>most prestigious IT schools are JS coding bootcamps with 75% womyn

None of these things are true.
You should probably spend less time on Sup Forums. And more time actually using saod products.

>New cpus doesnt allow gentoo to be installed
It won't happen like that. All it would take to do that now is for computer manufacturers to stop including the Microsoft 3rd party signing key for Secure Boot and disable the ability to turn off Secure Boot. The later could easily happen with the next version of Windows as Secure Boot went from recommended for manufactures to support with Windows 8 to required for manufactures to support with Windows 10 and Microsoft already has mandated that all ARM based Windows devices not give the user the ability to disable Secure Boot for years now.

Gentoo isn't free as in freedom™

>this thread

i stool it

>this whole thread

Problem with this:

1. Nearly every web server uses Linux or BSD.
2. The most popular hardware for servers is x86-64, because it's dirt cheap and powerful.

Server companies will demand Intel not lock down their CPUs, and allow them to run their own operating systems.

If you meant to respond to , this user has a better explanation for how it would happen:

So intel will not lock down their CPUs for only approved server operators. Youre a consumer? Enjoy your 10 year old server hardware just so you can use linux

Yes it is. (((Stallman))) is just in denial.

>Adobe Suite /CSP/SAI

>the ultimate cancer-filter is thus created
>escaping the mainstream now requires technical competency
>shitposters, summerfags, and normies absolutely BTFO
>no more half-assing the issue pretending things will get better
>you're either a good productive goy or you break laws and actively subvert the pigs
>nearly all of the alienated young talent that was on the fence suddenly goes into the underground
>alternative protocol stacks quickly gain more traction as security rises above all other concerns
>pirate wmesh networks begin popping up in local communities
>serious work starts being done on open source hardware as ancient non-backdoored hardware becomes harder to procure
>/devilish/ as fuck blackhats routinely pound mainstream services and actively target infrastructure out of spite
>weeb turbo-autists figure out how to flash custom firmware onto their walking talking sexbots
>not long after ghetto-rigged combat firmware becomes shareware and is actively developed
>literal fucking Autoreivs are now literally a thing
>you're already breaking laws so you might as well pick up an extra AR for your qt3.14 small-arms platform
>pigs start routinely dying when making arrests for tech related ''''crimes''''
>things escalate rapidly over the next couple of years
>with the economy on the brink of collapse and a culture / race war about to go hot these latest escalations become the flashpoint for everything
>civil war erupts and the cyberpunk dystopia goes post-apocalyptic

I'm perfectly ok with this tbqh senpai.

Just like my Japanese animes.

tbqh I'm okay with any scenario that leads to the long-overdue race war. the Earth must be cleansed.

He did it again, he's a mad man

>Approved server operators
Yeah, no one is going to fall for that bullshit. Just say "I'm a small business owner; sell me a server you cunt."