So why didn't AMD just make the RX 480 an 8-pin card?

So why didn't AMD just make the RX 480 an 8-pin card?

because everything they sell is shit? only poorfags and mongoloids would go for an AMD build

Checks out. The only people I know that use AMD on purpose are cheapasses and misled idiots.

Im breddy rich and always used Intel CPU with AMD gpu.

Plenty of rich people are cheap asses. That's why they're rich.

why is her hair green in the op?

Because "artistic"

Because Harry the poorfag shitter will see an 8 pin and think the card is Nvidia GTX 480. Don't you know that the latest trend is building undersized VRMs into graphics card to make it appear like they are "green" and quiet?

AMD are tryhards and wanted to show how efficient their new cards are.

But Nvidia is still the efficiency king, AMD doesn't even come close.

There were other times, but Nvidia nowadays reign supreme, especially with their new highend cards.

I am thrilled to see the GTX 1060 getting reviewed.

Nvidia retards do the same thing with their reference cards. Granted they do a better job at it, but they still give cards way less power pins and power phases than you need.

Is this an anime meme or is my monitor seriously fucked up? Looks brown to me.

VRMs on the 480 are hella overengineered though. It could pull 250w with them without breaking a sweat if you cooled them correctly.

It is darkish green. Check the image on your phone/laptop if you want not to be trolled.

By OP he meant opening. Her hair is green in an anime opening.

it's brown

Fuck me dude it looks brown on my phone too. Are my eyes the performance bottleneck? Eye surgery tier list on LI when?

I wouldn't say so. It has weaker VRM than a GTX 970 and I think those even have cooling for it.
Overengineered VRM = EVGA GeForce GTX 980 CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 2.0 or MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING. And maybe some other alphabet soup cards. That's what I want to see on my gfx card. Good VRM, good power connectors, good cooler.

Not this faggy 6 pin or 6+6 pin with a handful of power phases cooled by a tiny aluminium block.

>Eye surgery tier list on LI when?
Very soon. We are talking to various clinics and hospitals in the USA, and malls in Japan and Korea, where you can get eye enhancement.

>Mole tier
>Bat tier
>Normal tier
>Jet fighter pilot tier
>Fly tier (240 FPS 1080p)
>Hawk tier
>Falcon tier

Poor compression and artifacts.

For the 6 pin plus slot it has it is way overengineered.

Yea well 6 pin + slot ain't enough for it.