>GTX 480 causes housefires
>RX 480 fries motherboards
Its almost as if it was destiny...

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1604421/various-amd-rx-480-review-thread/1890#post_25309056
community.amd.com/thread/202410
videocardz.com/61743/gigabyte-announces-geforce-gtx-1070-mini-itx-oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No motherboards have been fried. The 750ti drew even more power from the PCI and didn't fry any boards

Shills go

overclock.net/t/1604421/various-amd-rx-480-review-thread/1890#post_25309056

first of many

community.amd.com/thread/202410

>IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!!!

microsecond spikes aren't the same as averaging over the PCI-E slot rating fuckface.
62 w isn't 88 w

>overclock.net/t/1604421/various-amd-rx-480-review-thread/1890#post_25309056

He put 3x in without supplemental PCIE power. The absolute madman.

>AMD literally markets it for you to buy 2
>They actually did it, absolute madmen!

Never change AMshits

How come no vidya card manufacture cared?

They build after a reference spec and probably do some compliance testing on their own.

THIS IS BULLSHIT
ALL THE BENCHMARKS ARE FALSE
THE RX480 IS SUPPOSED TO TRADE BLOWS WITH THE 980TI AND OUT PERFORM THE 980 BY A HUGE MARGIN
NSHITIA IS JUST PAYING ALL THIS PEOPLE TO LIE
THE RX480 IS THE BEST CARD IN THE UNIVERSE
THIS IS NOT FAIR

It is still within spec but barely. Some shitty old low end motherboards and CF without supplemental power could have issues but for the average user it makes no difference.

Neither company will ever make a 480 card ever again.

because they exist to make money, why should they care if you blow your mobo up?
They'll just sell you one of theirs plus another card.

It actually does beat the 980 in DX12.

This. Fucking idiots waiting months for for a card with 5% more performance in games than my 290x which I bought for 240 euro more than a year ago.

980 is not the 980ti and dx12 games are basically non existent or tech demos

>expecting a $200 card to compete against a card that costs 3x as much.

>implying new games won't be built on DX12

>people ask for pics
>doesn't provide any
>steam profile shows 0.3h played past 2 weeks
>anime avatar

Everyone knows it's one of you nvidiots trolling.

I live in EU so new 480 is 280 euro and a second hand 980ti is 400. You would be pretty stupid to buy a new 980ti for 600+ when the 1070 is 550.

>Lexus GX 480 has fuel economy issues
How deep does the rabbit's hole go?

Nvidia won.
It's as simple as that. The only ones who still refuse to accept this are the desperate AMDfags.

>Second hand
Bad idea
I once made the mistake of getting a used 390 from ebay. Good thing MSI warranty doesnt give a shit if its second hand

amd and nvidia are equally shit. Anything dedicated is shit. Integrated is much better. Why are people falling for this shilling?

>>Buying flea Bay and not collecting it directly from a local enthusiast upgrading to a 1080
Guy I bought my 290x from was a ten min drive away and let me test it on the spot

aots space rts
forza 6 racing tech demo
hitman fps tech demo
catalyst mantle tech demo
gow ms tech demo
total warhammer rts tech demo
squad tactical tech demo
deus ex just demo

literally this is where paid shills have devolved into
being in denial that their own company lied for years and just try to downplay the importance of dx12 to the gaming industry as a whole..
being this into the damage control

indeed nvidia surely wo....OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT only 11 fps above a card that costs 250 bucks less?

>Posts a 970

It was a dead giveaway when it has two DVI's and one Display Port.

he uploaded pics.
and no, I'm not him and I am not a nvidifag trying to trigger you.

bonus:
first comment:
>I have this exact same issue, totally killed my 990FX from MSI. The issue is that it destroyed all 3 of my x16 slots, and I have nothing to test my other slots. I think the cpu still works, but in all honesty, without any video out I have no idea.

>The 750ti drew even more power from the PCI

stop...

>380 = 290x

Lol, the 480 is DOA

>Gigabyte-Geforce-GTX-1070
videocardz.com/61743/gigabyte-announces-geforce-gtx-1070-mini-itx-oc

using asrock as a gaming platform...
literally i said it yesterday whoever had an asrock is pretty much doomed

turns out i was right lel people just never learn

Man i hate the house fire meme. Nvidea uses it as it's bullshit excuse for locking voltages so low.
"well if you turn it high the fan get's loud, and people complained with the 480"
Well no. Fucking shit. Then don't oc with a reference cooler. Put that shit on water

You conveniently forgot to label the 30% of cases where the 480 loses to a 3 year old card.

Don't know why AMD shills keep trying to compare it to the 980 - it's a 390 with slightly better power consumption and motherboard frying capabilities.

So I have two weeks to make a definitive purchase on a new GPU. I really want to see if some definitive proof of the RX480 frying PCIe sockets is true, so I'll wait before I make the purchase, but in case it does, what's a good alternative for a similar price tag? I don't care for the AMD vs. nVidia Autismopalooza, so either brand is fine as long as as performance and price are able to be held to the same standards as the RX480's.

I'm using my rx480 right fucking now.

This is going to be just like the crimson driver fried card thing, 100 thousand claims of broken boards, the reminder that there are failsafes that prevent a single one of those from actually happening, and then silence from the community of nvidiots who tried to shill problems on AMD's forums.

Pretty sure those have power connectors