Google Drive is STILL not available for Linux...

>Google Drive is STILL not available for Linux, the little message telling Linux users to "hold on" is gone from the download page
>Spotify for Linux officially no longer in active development
>Scrivener for Linux discontinued
>SteamOS is a flop
>Adobe Creative Cloud, no indication of ever coming to Linux

I NEED hope. How can I know it's not over?

Other urls found in this thread:

literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php?platform=mac
play.google.com/music/listen#/now
insynchq.com
google.com/drive/download/
omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/03/spotify-linux-no-development
youtube.com/watch?v=MLasH88XqAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Botnet
>piss-poor
>What?
>No shit
>CLOUD

You really don't understand what Linux is about, do you?

>too poor to afford Windows
poo to loo pajeet

>linux
>on desktop
Hahahahahahahaha! Go convert your desktop into a server, because that's all Linux is good for.

But 2016 is the year of the Linux desktop! I read it on Sup Forums!

Steam OS was a flop, but the amount of Linux games on Steam is still growing.

>I NEED hope. How can I know it's not over?

Posted from Android phone to an apache server

>Nonfree software
What we just need is more competent freetard devs

>What?

Advanced story writing & structuring software.

literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php?platform=mac

>Not just using Wine
Being a pirate is just as free

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Band-aid workaround hack that doesn't use native Linux APIs. Doesn't support CUDA or OpenCL. Might as well go back to Windows.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as GNU/Linux, is in fact, Linux. GNU/Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Linux corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of “Linux” which is widely used today is often called “GNU/Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by yours truly.

I use an ancient version of spotify on my windows machine anyway. The version on my linux machine has that unusable black interface with fuckhuge fonts and line spacings. I'd rather spotify quit "developing" their program alltogether, all they do is fuck things up.

Play.spotify.com

>Flash

play.google.com/music/listen#/now

Install Gentoo.

You can use google drive on linux with insync
insynchq.com

Google Drive works on my machine

>buys windows
kys

The desktop client, not the web app.

google.com/drive/download/

GOOGLE HATES LINUX

THE FINAL STAB IN THE BACK WAS CHROME OS

THEY HAVE NO INTEREST IN HELPING DESKTOP LINUX GROW OUTSIDE THEIR PROPRIETARY CHROME WALLED GARDEN

How can it be over if it never truly started? Linux for personal computing is a bad joke.

With how hard windows is pushing windows 10 I think a lot more people will be interested in linux. At least in my uni all students are indirectly encouraged to take up linux. All off our programming and work is done with things like gcc and linux terminals.

Lel, apparently we've got a counter copypasta.

most of the programs you listed are shit aside from steam. this is why people dualboot. also, don't use google drive it's terrible and not secure, don't use spotify, it's literally shilling for shit you can get free in a minute.

reminder chromeos is literally based off gentoo

Good. Google is a botnet and we don't need them contaminating the Linux community.

>it's literally shilling for shit you can get free in a minute.

Can you get it for free without committing a crime?

>no more development for Spotify on Linux
Welp just lost any hope of me ever converting. I could live without muh videogames, but no Spotify AND no Foobar? Disgusting.

omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/03/spotify-linux-no-development

;-;

radeon rx 480 comes with open linux drivers, this means hope for steamOS/steam machines.

>google drive
never used it.
>spotify
Never used it.
>scrivener
What?
>steamOS
Proprietary client just for games.
>Adobe
Fuck off.

AKA LaTeX for the mentally challenged.

>Creative Cloud
lol NEET

Buu..bbuu..but linux is the ideal desktop OS, why can't everyone else see that beside just us faggots here on Sup Forums?

>mfw when even the application makers see that you are all fucking retarded and don't see the point in the effort to make their apps work on linux...it is a server/back end OS afterall, it is not meant as a daily usage desktop OS.

haha..love it. You linux cheap faggots are getting btfo...so deserving.

Why the fyck you need spotyfi you underaged hipsturd?

LaTeX is a markup language. Scrivener is a writing workstation. They're not really the same in any way.

youtube.com/watch?v=MLasH88XqAc

A kernel can't be a desktop OS.

Because it's easier to pay 5 dollars and search whatever artist I want, whatever song I want, and click play in less than 3 seconds. Convenience I guess.

Otherwise I would have to pirate every fucking song I wanted to play and that's inconvenient.

Nor can it be a good substitute either.

This. Also, I can share playlists with my friends and create collaborative playlists we can edit without needing to access the same account.

>Scrivener
>Adobe Creative Cloud
>>>/wordpress_webdev/
>>>/hipster_filth/

Plus my library is instantly synced across all of my devices, and I can control desktop Spotify from my Android phone, which is great when I'm gaming on my PC because I don't have to alt-tab out of the game to play a new track.

I can also cast my music to any Chromecast or Chromecast Audio, which is a great thing for parties or just having friends over for a chill time.

>Google Drive.
Plenty of unofficial clients that work the same as the official.
Plenty of alternatives like MegaSync and Dropbox, OwnCloud.
>Spotify for Linux officially no longer in active development
Lastest version works
>Scrivener for Linux discontinued
niche software
>SteamOS is a flop
The Linux compatible games grow every day
>Adobe Creative Cloud, no indication of ever coming to Linux
niche software, but granted it's overused by amo kids and wannabe "artist"

linux had 2 things going for it

>not a botnet
>not bloated/buggy

both are gone with systemd, selinux, gtk3 and the rest of that shit

unless canonical starts paying everyone again to develop shit for linux it really is over

>Wanting Proprietary software and cloud shit to work on Linux
I have some news OP. You are a cuck, but don't worry, you can use Microcuck Winblows 10 and be fully cucked.