Now that we have the RX480, what kind of sexy power can we expect in the 490?

It's expected to be 16 gb of HBM2. Now you're playing with power. Why would you get a 1070 for 1440p gaming when you can wait just a little bit to get the Master Card?

Because it's going to run at 97 C, melt your PCIe slot, get bricked by official drivers, challenge me to a game of tic tac toe for the fate of the human race, fuck man I don't know it's AMD anything could happen.

Thank you amd. Its not gonna be that good probably, the 490X might be decent but will draw much more power than Nvidiots cards, hopefully DX12 will be widespread, otherwise the 490 is gonna lose outright compared to the 1070

Why the fuck would you need 16gb of hbm2? That's just a waste of money.
Only to ever push me past 3gb at 1440p was forza 6, and that is just cause it's a shitty port.

Well the RX 480 sure as hell isn't going to play at 1440p so what the fuck do then?

Yes it will.
I play 1440p on a 780

There must be an absolute ton of games you have to turn the filters off, plus if you wanted good framerates with your 120hz monitor say goodbye to that idea anyway too

Nope 2x msaa usually, granted im on custom bios running at 1350 mhz
Also i play at 60hz cause im not an autist. And don't want to pay a lot of money for a piece of shit tn. (yes i know there are now 100+hz """""ips"""" panels now)

You don't know it feels to play in 144

Do you know the feeling?

Do you only play map painting simulator anyway?

I do. I have used it. It is noticeable, but hardly a big deal and not worth it. Tn panels look like complete ass. And id rather not get like a fucking 1080 to run my games at medium, so i can have a slightly more smoothe framerate. 144fps will always be a meme.

I have 2x 780 and im playing on a 1440p display with no problems on 60/144hz

is that fermi?

You can run maxed now, with 144 fps and 1440p resolution, and an IPS panel.

The future is here!

too much?

>tfw nvidia releases 1090ti as a response

"""""""ips panel""""""
Plz, i don't even get how they are allowed to do that.
Also next jump is 4k oled. Not gonna get 144fps there.

still gaming in 1080p with best AA available and not giving a fuck about buying a new gpu until games actually start looking better, which will be 2020 at this rate.

face it fags, you can throw money at games all you want, they still aren't breaking any new ground and most of the performance gains are in efficiency, not raw power.

>mfw i've got 11 gigaflops of performance and games still look like shit and people expect me to pay more money to play the same shit in a higher resolution when i'm already getting 60-100 fps anyway

The 490 will fry even the unoccupied PCI-E

The GTX 1080 has the exact same target power as the GTX 980ti.

There isn't going to be a 1080ti unless Nvidia decides to release a 250w-300w card in the line.

It's anout five watts over the PCIe specification, plus maxwell architecture PCIe powered cards went over the spec by orders of magnitude higher but you don't see anything about that?

480 - slower cheaper less efficient 1060
490 - slower cheaper less efficient 1070

>wait just a little bit
Define 'just a little bit'.

Mother fucker I've been waiting for the 1070, then told to wait for 480, then told to wait for 1060, and now to wait for another fucking piece of shit then when it releases there's gonna be another announcement and I'm supposed to wait for 1080 ti or some shit or titan zx while all this time stuck on a fucking 660 fuck this shit I'm buying a 1070 today

just wait

it just works

>I'm buying a 1070 today
Good luck with that.

wait

keep waiting =^)

nah its the new RX 400 cards melting the MOBO

Great I pay less than the price of 1070 and get all I need for 1440p Gaming