AMD Hate

Why is AMD so fun to hate? Usually people kind of like the underdog, especially when their opponent pretty obviously does some sketchy stuff (Intel, Nvidia). But even so, AMD is just so damn enjoyable to despise. I think it's mainly two things:

>1. The name "AMD" sounds vague and sort of cheap. "Intel" is a word, "Nvidia" is a word. But AMD is an acronym, and acronyms are awkward and suck. "Radeon" sounds alright, but a bit too much like radiator. They need a catchy new name.

>2. Their PR sucks. They keep overpromising and disappointing. People want to support AMD's new cards and CPUs, but every time they turn out flawed in some big way.

AMD needs to rebrand and fire anyone who currently handles their PR. There's a market for their good value tech, but AMD just feels like suck a hateable company.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/g/1467393840311s.jpg
youtu.be/8lTGk0R12gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah that's great op but the truth is we fucking need amd. Intel and nvidia have no other competition. Imagine if android never made it past ginger bread and only apple had smartphones. We'd all be jewed out of our money for fuck all technical advancement

>Why is AMD so fun to hate?
I guess it's kind of like bullying the tiny kid in high school.

You don't hate amd you hate retards that so happen to love AMD

You know who needs AMD? Intel.
If AMD goes under, Intel would have a monopoly, and they can't afford that, as regulations would fuck them. If AMD comes close to bankruptcy, Intel would probably save them like Microsoft saved Apple in the 90s. Also it isn't worth buying AMD because then they wouldn't be able to make x86 processors anymore.

IBM is acronym.
But IBM made very powerful and cheap CPU, Intel made overpriced x86-laggy-shit.

No, I hate AMD for being too smug and self-assured about their consistently underwhelming stuff. I know they kind of have to do that for marketing, but it's too much now. They need to let people be pleasantly surprised, not repeatedly disappointed.

You don't hate AMD, you just hate what they've become and what they're becoming.

They are the underdog. Each generation people expect them to do something great. To revive the old AMD, to finally be competition again.

However time and time again AMD falls short of the expectation and people express that disappointment as anger and hostility.

i.4cdn.org/g/1467393840311s.jpg

NUFF SAID

>2. Their PR sucks. They keep overpromising and disappointing. People want to support AMD's new cards and CPUs, but every time they turn out flawed in some big way.
Why does everyone say this? They say 480 will trade blows with a 970 for $200. It does, and then everyone says "actually look at this one particular gameworks dx11 benchmark that the 970 wins!"
They say fury x will be a titan (x?) killer. Nvidea gets scared shitless to beat them to the punch with the 980ti. Everyone goes "wow it under delivers, cant even keep up with the more expensive nvidea card that only launched so that amd couldn't say the have best card for like half the price"

>Why does everyone say this?

They said 2x 480 in crossfire was more efficient than a 1080. Turns out a single 480 uses almost as much power as a 1080.

That's beyond overpromising, it's a straight up lie.

The 480 is a disaster in terms of power usage. Performance is good though.

AMD does even more sketchy stuff than both of those though, I mean they straight up created a card that will actually destroy your motherboard, can't get much worse than that

You mean GTX1060.

Yeah but who cares?
Outside the third world nobody will ever even notice it on their power bill.

Obligatory

It's more that their reference card draws too much from the PCI slot AND 6-pin. When they claimed efficiency was better than before, it's lame that they can't match the 970 even with a process shrink.

kek

AMD hate been here since 2008, remember inelite and shenlong?

Actually in said game it is more efficient than it, it draws about 200w-192w while having better performance because of the superb multi gpu support for that game, and pretty much other dx12 games

ATI just sounds better.

>look guys technology discussion!

why did people care who had bill clinton's dick in their mouth? Why did he lose his presidency because of that? Because he fucking lied. He told a bareface lie to the public and hence couldn't fucking be trusted.

Bandwagon. It's easier to be a pussy and jump to the nvidia boat because they have a lot of shills.

No we do not need AMD, if they go under intel and nvidia will be forced to break up and then there will be real competition between the resulting companies.

Your comment makes zero sense

Today at work I thought of the RX480 and just started laughing out loud. They just can't catch a break hahahaha.

They constantly fail or dramatically miss performance requirements and their fanbase is so illogically, rabidly loyal.

I hate AMD for being dog shit. Their CPUs are absolutely terrible and their graphics cards aren't that hot either.

I have my card 480 right here, I dunno why the hate.

Nvidia is too expensive here so that is a NO.

It's because they are cheap/poor and try to justify their poor purchase decisions.

Apologize.

>Intel would have a monopoly

What is ARM?

who gets to chose what type of hat to use for these types of images?

Poo why you not 8 pin WHY

AMD is awful at marketin
do you think they would sell better if their graphic card division was renamed "Radeon" instead of just AMD
>making old cards run better over time thanks to drivers
they know NOTHING about marketing
they should do the opposite like nvidia

>Promise that RX 480 will be messiach of GPU's and the end of Nvidia's monopoly
>It's a shit

AMD was mostly fine. It was ATI and now AMD graphics cards that piss me off. Been burned once too often by shitty ATI/AMD video drivers.

Because the other brands make you feel cool and strong when you side with them.

who promised that
the only thing they did was release a mid range card with a very crappy reference cooler
still waiting for non-reference versions

youtu.be/8lTGk0R12gs

Ashes of the singularity lmfao

So true

>He doesnt have over 2000 hours clocked on Ashes of Singularity

Fuck Dragon Age and all that rpg fps bullshit, Ashes of Singularity is chock full of fucking fun.

Not only that, they released a card that actually destroys motherboards

AMD calls themselves the budget brand but you cant use their GPUs with
>A cheap motherboard because itll fry
>A cheap PSU because itll fucking blow up
>A cheap CPU because of driver overhead

how do they fucking still exist?

Nvidia games
>Witcher 3, literally GOTY 2015
>Overwatch, most popular FPS of possibly all time
>Anything that uses Linux and Vulkan because AMD cant into drivers

AMD games
>Uhhh, some RTS nobody gives a shit about?
>Botnet 10 Exclusives, as if anyone will play them.

Yeah that worked out great for consumers during the bell breakup...

They don't call themselves the budget brand. Reviewers do.
>Implying most cheap mobos work like shit
>Implying PSUs are expensive
>Implying cheap CPUs are bad

a shit platform that will never replace x86

I paid 180 dollars for my AMD compatible PSU.

Indians were a mistake.

You put a white person behind AMD and watch it become successful again.

Jim Keller the Intel Killer

Put a cute girl behind AMD and everything will be sugoi again

Because it's a shitty, lying, under-delivering POS company? the ONLY reason people like them is because they are the underdog, but they can't even properly fulfill that niche.

Bulldozer was such a massive fuck up after years of over-promising to trash Intel.

Their GPU offerings are pathetic, slow, always late, too expensive, and drivers are a disaster.

Everything they do and touch turns to shit. their management sucks, their engineers sucks, their execution sucks, their PR sucks, everything they do sucks.

The leftover of this "company" needs to be euthanized ASAP for the greater good.

Fuck AMD, fuck what they stand for, and fuck their poo in the loo fans.

Doesn't matter. It means Intel doesn't have a monopoly. Intel has good enough lawyers to argue that the ARM market (tablets, phones, etc) is large enough to provide viable competition.

If AMD goes under, you are fucked. Intel will move all R&D to compete with ARM, and shift the rest of their budget back into marketing like they did in the 90s and early 00s. Nvidia, meanwhile, will keep rehashing the same shit over and over and force you to upgrade by deprecating and crippling drivers for old models. Both companies will jack their prices through the roof, and you'll end up with codenames Fuckyouwell and Nvidia SuckMyDickWorks.