How can I code?

Hello, everyone!
What kind of advice you guys can give me, about the firsts steps i can take in coding? Is python a good start?

Other urls found in this thread:

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Python
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

No

Maybe

I fucking love this place

So

Kys

Install gentoo

actual programmer here.

Start with python if you plan on going nowhere with programming

Calling it "coding" is the first step to nowhere

python is a good (and common) first language.

actual progamer here.

Start with python if you plan on going nowhere with progaming

Calling it "CoDing" is the first step to nowhere

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Python

That font smoothing is terrible

it's almost like the picture was captured with a camera, pointing at a monitor at a skewed angle.

>normalfaggots think code is a gigantic fucking block of text like that
I'm glad my job is secure from everything but poos.

start with the greeks

OP here.

I'm a total noob in this, but i have been reading about it and wanted to know the opinion i could find around here.

There are others languages i could look forward too?

Start with the language in your picture: JavaScript! First read the documentation and learn syntax, and then try to do something in it and google the things you can't realize for few years and that's it

Start with language like C or C++, this will teach you lots of stuff that high-level languages don't teach you. For example memory allocation and such.

first learn linear algebra, advanced statistics, number theory, graph theory

then learn about data structures and algorithms

then learn a real language like c

Every fucking day... Fuck all of you

fucking noobs

Here's how i learned

1. Install linux
2. install vim and learn some basic vim commands, don't need to master it yet, just learn some basics like how to search for a word, how to save a file, how to open a split screen, how to jump to a specific line number, how to select and copy text etc.
3. Learn some basic command line commands like cd, cp, mv, rm, etc. Get used to working in the terminal.
4. Get the book learn python the hard way and do everything the book wants you to do. Use vim as your text editor.
5\. At the same time get a book on C. I recommend "Head First C" by oreilly. Python will have you making scripts fast, learning C will teach you a lot about the things Python abstracts away and does for you. Python is written in C.
6. Just work on this shit every day and take notes and if you get stuck ask for help on here or on reddit or on stack exchange or on IRC BUT always google shit first before asking a question because chances are someone already posted a thread somewhere that will answer your question. Spend a minimum of 1/2 on each lanaguage every day. So 1/2 hour python, 1/2 hour C. It's like piano lessons where spending a little time each day is better than doing 10hours in one day and then not touching it for a week or two. It's best to work on it every day so you flex those mental muscles.
7. After you've completed these books try to make a project with python and on with C. And/or try some other books about C or Python. Once you get the basics you'll find it pretty easy to puck up other languages. The main thing after you learn the basics is deciding on how to apply what you've learned to real projects that interest you.

>learn linux and vim

I did this by watching some pirated LFCS videos.

Then I pirated the Lynda course "Foundations of Programming" with Simon Allardice, who I like a lot.

Then I pirated some Pluralsight stuff, and read some O'Reilly books.

I probably have about $5k worth of training videos and books downloaded.

Python is used a lot when you are working with academics especially for bioinformatics. Source, its my job

I don't know