Hey Sup Forums, why is pic related found everywhere in the valley? Coming from someone using an X220...

Hey Sup Forums, why is pic related found everywhere in the valley? Coming from someone using an X220, I am considering a Macbook.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_iD559MDff4
amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_16?ie=UTF8&k=surface pro 3 keyboard&i=aps&sprefix=Surface pro 3 ke
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Macs aren't bad, just overpriced, of you're willing to spend 1k to become a normie, go ahead

Atleast you admit it's fault is the price, thanks user.

The MBPR keyboard is good. The MB keyboard is shit.

Well no shit

It just works :^)

I don't know. Most of my workmates have Macbooks, I opted for a thinkpad. I can see their Macbooks have better battery life and wifi strength but my laptop has better specs and it's easier to travel with.

Valley user checking it. It's the culture. Everyone's so focused on showing others they're making bank that they resort to these kinds of purchases. Let me also list other similar purchases for you:

> Mercedes Benz C300 Lease - $300/month
> iPhone 6s plus - Verizon Contract (and they cry about their bill to Verizon every month)
> Yeezy shoes - nearly caused them to go bankrupt

Jesus fuck, is there any justification for owning a Macbook aside for status?

For about 99% of people, no... A lot of them have started realizing this and use Surface laptops now.

I do own a MacBook that l use for iOS development too. Since it's not possible to do ios development on other platforms, unless you are willing to go the Hackintosh path

they're the best..fucking computers..hands down? there is no justification for being a poor fuck

Here we go. I'm 99% sure he has an iPhone 6 too

Just wurks ;^)

Ios dev. Im developing currently in virtual machine and thinking on getting a macbook. Swift is pretty good desu

Too expensive and a shit warranty. Manufacturing defects are a reality and Apple will just tell you to fuck off.
No spill-proof keyboard either. Just fragile overall.
Otherwise very nice machines with a good default OS. Great for someone who doesn't care about computers and is careful with their shit. Buy last-gen so you can be sure the computer didn't lose the production lottery.

I borrowed a Macbook and learned swift for 9 months, so I am familiar with it. I'm still in high school and don't know what to do with my life desu. Would the valley be an option if I invested in learning more languages?

you won't do it by learning Swift.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

OS X in a VM works very well. VMWare has around 5% overhead, which is fuck all.

Yeah, I have noticed a recent explosion in Surface computers in the wild, considering they lost $900m on the 1st gen Surface.

which one do you have?

Objectively they have a great balance of weight/size/battery life, stability, great software integration (extra nice if you have an iPhone), you're unlikely to run into any issues, , the godly trackpad and a pretty good build quality.

Subjectively there is also the design/materials and keyboard quality. Also OSX alone is good reason to buy them, even if you don't need it as developer.

In what of ghetto country do you have to live to consider it a status purchase? 1 - 1.5k is a pretty standard price for a premium laptop, and once somebody leaves the absolute poverty line with $400 trash, it's the only logical choice because all the crap in between got cancerous screens.

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple affiliate account Pajeet.

>anons asks why people by macbooks
>I tell him reasons
MUH SHILLING

There's three Macbooks:

Plain: worse than celeron piece of shit with the worst keyboard in the history of computing

Air: same 1366x768 TN piece of shit you find on $200 craptops, and it's glossy on top of that

Pro: if you try to use the high end hardware they cram into it, it catches fire

They're all utter shit, and inferior in each category they try to cater to.

Plain isn't thinnest and lightest and smallest.

Air isn't best in battery life and weight.

"""""""Pro"""""" is a fucking joke.

>mfw this is actually reddit
we have failed as a human race

>>we have failed as a human race
>posts from an iPhone

>it's glossy on top of that
stopped right there.

>Pro: if you try to use the high end hardware they cram into it, it catches fire

I'm playing GTA 5 in ultra on my macbook pro and it never catches fire, the cpu runs at less than 80 degrees. And even if it catches fire I just have to walk in an apple store and ask for a new one.

External gtx 970 master race

>Pro: if you try to use the high end hardware they cram into it, it catches fire

You know how I know you're a dank memester who has no real hands-on experience with Apple products, and just repeats what he hears on Sup Forums?

Surfaces are so shitty though. My SP3 keyboard was horrendous.

As a professional dev who uses Windows at home since it's just what I have, and had been provided an rMBP for work, I'll give you a serious answer:

- Unix base. It may not have the full linux environment, but unix base and basic gnu tools put it automatically above windows
- Virtual desktops. Yes, Windows has these, but they are nothing compared to OS X's. Enjoy productivity with these
- Stable. Linux is backed by corporations as well, but OS X werks just a little more
- Software support. You can use most tools you can use on linux, but you have some that are OS X-only. Best MySQL gui tool is SequelPro, for example. Additionally, some software just werks more, like IntelliJ products

So I should go for it if I have the money?

I'd say yes, personally. I'm working towards getting my own personal macbook as the one I have has my work stuff

There is more than 1 keyboard you can get senpai.

Virtual desktops are better on Windows than Mac OS. You can set it so application windows only show up in the VD that it was opened in. Mac OS's behavior of switching to a VD with the application open instead of starting a new instance is retarded.

Are you saying the SP4 keyboard makes it not-shitty?

>why is pic related found everywhere in the valley
Because the people in the valley bought them.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_iD559MDff4

No. There are a lot of keyboards the SP3 can use including third party.
amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_16?ie=UTF8&k=surface pro 3 keyboard&i=aps&sprefix=Surface pro 3 ke

Look alone doesn't say much, there are tons of similar keyboards, some feel great others are pure shit.

Do you have a SP4? How's the pen?

>Do you have a SP4? How's the pen?
dont have one, but everywhere i've read says the keyboard and pen are a improvement over the SP3

It's not, though. Unless you mean the MacBook and not the MacBook Pro.

Explain to me why it's justifiable for Apple to price their products (Macbook Pro) at such a high price point from a consumer standpoint.

>It may not have the full linux environment,
Because it isn't Linux.
>basic gnu tools
GNU coreutils don't exist on Mac OS unless you put them there.

How is it not? Excellent build quality, high end parts, tons of included software developed by Apple. It's really not that expensive.

Due the lack of alternatives? Take the Macbook so many on Sup Forums bitch about, what other under 1KG laptop with 8h+ battery life, godlike trackpad and great screen is there?

Hell, the 16:10 aspect ratio already limits the competition to Apple, MS and Google, and all of them are priced about the same.

No, its not just the price, fucko

You got a point there!

Nice copy pasta ;^)

yeah? Than why it runs like shit in mine

>using the smiley with a carat nose

If you've never touched the hardware, you should not post shit.

This post is wrong in so many ways. The only think you have right is that the butterfly keyboard on the macbook is a piece of shit.

The air's resolution is 1440x900 -- you aren't even citing the correct aspect ratio for a mac. It's not a TN, and the pro doesn't catch fire.

Your claims are ridiculous. Mike Rowe would punch you in the face for your insolence. By the way, he uses a MBP.

>trackpad
>no trackpoint
That's the reason why I'm considering a T420 as my next laptop.

I do love me a trackpoint. I don't miss it on the mac, because the trackpad is awesome, but would not use a win laptop without a trackpoint.

Check out latitudes as well. Just make sure it says "Dual-Pointing Keyboard" to get the clit mouse.

>The only think you have right is that the butterfly keyboard on the macbook is a piece of shit.
That's wrong, though. It's a very competent, keyboard.

POO IN LOO

Go for it. Don't let people influence you if you really want it.

/thread