Why do some charger pads only have 2 connectors, but the stock charger has 5 connectors?

Why do some charger pads only have 2 connectors, but the stock charger has 5 connectors?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=soc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Antennas.

Citation needed.

the extra pins can either be used for data (smart batteries), over/under-voltage protection, or just plain old sense lines

if a cheap wireless pad only has two wires it's very likely only providing +/- voltages so it's shifting all the protection onto the wireless charging device itself, if there's even any protection on that end at all

>data
The stock cover doesn't look like it has any kind of chip, do you mean it measure how full the battery is or something to tell the charger to turn off?
>voltage protection
How would it do that? Why would it need all those prongs to do that, when the phone can literally just disconnect the power to the battery?
>Sense lines
What are those...

I would imagine its for NFC?

Already built into the battery.

Buuuut, if the battery is covered with a charging pad, then THAT DOES make sense.

But the NFC only needs 2 connectors. Why are there 3 extra an not 2?

This. Connects to foil antennas embedded in the backshell.

Take your cover off and watch your radios loose all signal you dense cunt. Citation enough?

What the fuck are you even talking about son?

Not sure. Did some tesearch on what chips lay nearby the pins. What about a bluetooth antenna?

2 for wireless charging, 2 for NFC, And one for Bluetooth.

>Take your cover off and watch your radios loose all signal you dense cunt. Citation enough?
The cover is optional and sold after the fact. Why would it lose signal?

>
>Take your cover off and watch your radios loose all signal you dense cunt. Citation enough?

Cover is off on my GS5 here. And im still operating.

>
This
The stock cover that comes without any connectors. Look at the white cover. It has none.

OP meant that the actual charger you buy from Samsung has those connectors.

This is just a simple misunerstanding started by the OP because he said the STOCK CHARGER.

There is no such thing as a stock charger. The stock cover does not come with QI wireless charging capability.

I am aware of that. Just poining out his citation.

Can't someone just post a fucking schematic of the mobo?

This literally is the best phone ever made.

Not an S5 but here's an example of a battery door antenna, it's for NFC

>S5
>RAM on top of SoC
Huh, I thought that was a newer style

Uhhh, question...

What the fuck are all these other gold prongs around the entire motherboard?

Are they vibration sensors to cancel out background noise for speakerphone?

>RAM on top of SoC
What is SoC?

State of charge?

Their probbably the main antennas for cell service, bluetooth, and WiFi.

What is Google?
lmgtfy.com/?q=soc

System On Chip

They are interconnects to the earpiece speaker, microphone, vibrator motor, and other bits of gubbins.

Holy fuck, I didn't even know such a thing existed. That's awesome as fuck.

There may be hope for my water damaged phone just yet.

I tried drying it out, and now videos won't play and calls won't go through. Bluetooth is also not working. And the speakers aren't working.

Wonder what I'll fin when I open this thing.

So difficult to open though, as you have to heat up the screen and pry it out.

> This literally is the best phone ever made.
If it had better battery life, 3GB ram, and 32gb on board storage, you may be right.

I have the s5 and more ram is probably the only thing I'd want added. but having an sd slot I don't mind the size of on board storage. I also got a better battery so it usually lasts me about 2 days with a lot of use