KickassTorrents Removed More Than 1 Million Torrents

>As the largest torrent site on the Internet, KickassTorrents (KAT) has become the go-to spot for millions of filesharers.

>Like many other torrent sites, KAT is often used to share pirated files, much to the frustration of copyright holders.

>However, unlike other sites such as The Pirate Bay, KAT accepts DMCA takedown notices. This means that rightsholders have the option to remove infringing content from the site.

>This option hasn’t gone unnoticed by the site’s users, who sometimes see their uploads disappearing in real-time. In other cases, it can make it quite hard to find the latest episode of one’s favorite TV-show.

>To find out how many DMCA requests the site processes, we asked the KAT team for an overview.

>According to KAT’s official figures, 15,794 torrent files were deleted over the past week, and 55,238 for the most recent month. This means that at the current rate, the site removes more than half a million torrents per year.

>Since the site started to keep track of the number of deleted torrents, which is a few years ago, well over a million torrents have been purged from the site. 1,200,313 to be precise.

torrentfreak.com/kickasstorrents-removed-more-than-1-million-torrents-160701/

Why does Sup Forums still use this fucking shitty torrent site?

You must be over the age of 18 to use this site.

>

Because I don't want to pay for a private tracker just to torrent

>pay for a private tracker

nobody pays to use those, dumbass.

I find all aggresively-copyrighted content to be shit anyways.

ok freetard

stop lying you piece of shit, wasting dozens of hours and being stressed all the time about cuck mods isnt worth it either

i use OS X

Apple doesn't remove their OS' torrents unlike MS

I haven't paid a dime to any private tracker and I have never worried about a mod. Been using private trackers for over 3 years now. 10 of them to be exact.

What are you even talking about?

thats because apple makes money from their hardware, not their software.

user, can you explain to me how to use private trackers?

>join
>download stuff
>seed
That's about it

>join
barely possible
>seed
literally impossible

Yeah but join what?

>seed
See, that's where I have problems...

nah, just use rutracker

>seed
My upload speed is so low that i'd need a seedbox

> join what
literally

>every tracker is what.cd
My ratio's ~5 on animebytes and ~30bil on IPT (if you really count it as a private tracker, I see it as more of an in between general tracker for TPB replacement)

Because artists are the most valuable asset of western society and deserve a literal lifetime of profit for every copy of their work

Muslims also hate music. Do you want to be a muslim?

>According to KAT’s official figures, 15,794 torrent files were deleted over the past week, and 55,238 for the most recent month. This means that at the current rate, the site removes more than half a million torrents per year.
>current rate
>"Removed
Should be remove since the numbers obviously haven't always been so high

Fucking click bait retard shit

so what? its a decent torrent site, i ussualy find what i look for on there, do you have any better alternative torrent site?

(You)

>Why still use KAT?

Because I'm a user, not an uploader, and I most often find what I want on KAT despite their DMCA policy.

Also, The Pirate Bay lost a lot of traffic when they were taken down (for an extended period) like ~2 years ago, so now they have less content than they used to. I still use TPB, but only if it isn't found on KAT.

>not just using free trial vps's as seed boxes
Fucking retards

>can't afford 2dollars a month
I don't get you guys at all

if joining a private tracker was just "go there, make an account, maintain a ratio of at least 1.0", I could do it.

I'm under the impression that it isn't like that though, and you have to know someone who can give you an invite, and have references and accounts on other private trackers, and sometimes you can't join at all no matter what because they cap the number of accounts and such.

>paying2pirate
I don't get you at all

It entirely depends on the tracker. Some are strict, some are really lax, some are in between. Some are hard to get into, some are easy, some are again, in between.

This.

My upload speed is complete shit on my internet, but honestly I'd pay a couple bucks a month for a seed box if I could. The issue is that getting into private trackers means getting an invite and going through hoops in a lot of cases. For somebody like me that maybe torrents a few GB a week it's not worth the effort.

KAT is my backup for when tpb refreshes it's list for seed/leach

You torrent to save money, right? $24/year is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying all the shit you torrent.

this
I've only gotten DMCA'd because friend's normie movies..
I just taught them to torrent, should have a long time ago.

Stop being poor and buy a cheap box for seeding. There's people on top private trackers who seed over 1000 torrents on a RasPi3 with an attached hard drive.

>paying to pirate

>paying not to pirate

That's not paying to pirate you loser. That's buying the hardware you need to do what you want, like buying a GPU to play games.

>lolxDDD everything should b free
>not paying a small fee to make using better trackers easier
Man are you ever shortsighted

>not using a aggregate site

torrentz.eu

WE KNOW BUTFACE!
They have been doing that for quite a while, torrentz also.
Use rarbg.

>He can't climb the pyramid without paying
WEEEEW!

Where are there any seedboxes that are $2/month?

Private tracker users are scum of this earth

Just buy a fast VPN with 0 logs policy so you can browse anything and you don't get in trouble with the fucking pigs.

But then I'd be limited by my shitty Canadian internet

>not using a dedicated app to search and download torrents.

Then pay faster service, with seedbox you'd still get shafted at your end and fuck all private trackers with nasty ratio rule!

So? They cover their ass legally and still offer you tons of free shit, and you're bitching that they don't have ALL the free shit available 100% of the time?

>join
Why would I hold a fucking interview to download stuff?

>seed
So wasting electricity and raping my shitty bandwidth further? No, thanks.

>paying even one cent for free stuff

>he uses public torrent sites like the biggest mexnigger. Is yo back wet?(rhetorical )

>dont live in country infested with mexicans, niggers, and draconian copyright laws.
>unaware that bitche works with private trackers

removing a shitload of torrents just makes it a game of whack a mole. the site is still up. you can still upload more torrents.

if you're a leecher and this is too complicated for you, then go buy content, you fucking retarded shithead.

>Why would I hold a fucking interview to download stuff?
So you don't have to sift through shit. You really don't know how good private trackers are till you use one. Besides, again, you're assuming all of them are the same. Only some require interviews. You seem to be quite opinionated on them for how little you know. You shouldn't do that for anything.

not him, but
>So you don't have to sift through shit
this is not a good answer. filtering and sorting tools are extremely well-developed at this point. i can't imagine what kind of handicap (either literal or figurative) you must be operating under to consider this a compelling benefit

>you really don't know until you use one
i'm guessing at this point that it's more because you're not trying to articulate it very hard (or you're bad at it)

>you're not trying to articulate it very hard
Pretty much. You think I care if some random guy on the Internet joins a private tracker? It's not like I get paid to do this or anything. If it ever really sounds appealing you and the others I've replied to are more than capable of looking into it yourself. I mean it's not like Sup Forums doesn't have private tracker generals and google isn't a thing or anything.

>So you don't have to sift through shit.
But I never had to. I found whatever I wanted with public trackers without problems, for decades now. If there is something more rare, googling for five minutes always did the trick.

Though guess it helps not being an autists who can't listen to music that isn't FLAC or watch anything under 4k.

>You really don't know how good private trackers are till you use one.
Platitudes like that certainly don't help to see their greatness. So it's "easier" to find stuff, more likely to be in better quality too, what else is there?

>Besides, again, you're assuming all of them are the same.
Is my assumption that the joining process goes beyond "click on site, register" wrong? Is my assumption about usual rules like seed ratio wrong?

Only private tracker i've ever used is BakaBT. Haven't watched da animay in a while so TPB and KAT get the job done.

But you don't have any.

nyaa.eu > all your other shitty torrent sites

they should word filter the whole site and 90% of Kat would be gone in a day.
not private

>Though guess it helps not being an autists who can't listen to music that isn't FLAC
Instead of making fun of people who download FLAC why not actually learn what its purpose is. Sure you can listen to it, but that's not even why a lot of people download it.
>Is my assumption that the joining process goes beyond "click on site, register" wrong?
It entirely depends on the site. Some you have to interview, or you can get an invite. Some you just fill out a small form and you're in as long as you're not retarded. Some you just provide proof that you're not a leech and you're in. There's a ton of private trackers out there and no laws or anything that say they all have to function even remotely similarly. You shouldn't expect anything of one just because you heard about another that does such things.
>Is my assumption about usual rules like seed ratio wrong?
It again depends on the tracker. There are private trackers where you could rock a .2 ratio for a year and still continue using it, others don't even let you come close to that.

>Sure you can listen to it, but that's not even why a lot of people download it.
Obviously, though my comment was directly to the basket cases that think it has better quality. Though since we touched FLACs, for somebody with a shitty internet and no desire to achieve huge files, the prevalence of them on private trackers would be even a downside for me. Shit, even on public ones, it's way too common when it comes to classical music.

>You shouldn't expect anything of one just because you heard about another that does such things.
>It again depends on the tracker.
Fair enuff.

If I can't find it on KAT I can find it on Bing just by appending title/name and +torrent.

There's ALWAYS some shitty obscure torrent server out there in Eastern Eurabia that has what I want.

Get better internet, kid

Maybe if you only watch shitty mainstream movies

Why would I pay more for something that won't give me any noticeable benefit?

Feel free to name couple hipster artsy movies that can't be found after two minutes of googling.

Private trackers are an autistic shitfest and it's really not worth the trouble joining one just so I can watch some arthouse Korean movie from the late 80's.

Foreign movies are very, very tricky to find in good quality. Most foreign films I can get my hands on are xvid dvd rips or mkvs of less than 2gbs which suck ass.

>I'm a retard who can't handle rules because I have ADHD and emotional issues.

Feel free to name movies you haven't been able to find on public trackers, since you won't be able to relate to any movie that somebody names for you.

Tpb

>Foreign movies are very, very tricky to find in good quality
That's true though a lot of the older stuff doesn't even exist in higher quality. Hell, even movies from 2000s like Naboer, there was only a DVD release.

>Feel free to name movies you haven't been able to find on public trackers
From the recent ones there was only Córki dancingu (not exactly artsy but should count as rare) which was available from some polish site as direct download. The Russian version from War and Peace or stuff from Tarkovsky on the other hand is pretty easy available on public trackers. As are newer movies like Plemya. The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover is easy to find too.

I am not really into movies so have no idea what you'd consider artsy enough desu. Just name your super rare hipster movie that is totally unavailable on normal ways.

>Then pay faster service
That's not always possible you dumb fucking nigger. Unless i want to invest $50k in fiber for the most of my road, it's impossible to get more then 2 mbps up here, and keep in mind that i actually need some of those for other stuff than torrenting.

>largest torrent site on the Internet
>KickassTorrents

>using KAT
>2016
TPB or kill yourself.

Torrent uploaders should place a listing on 2 places, kat and an indexer like pirate bay that doesn't remove. Problem solved.

>Problem solved
your comment is idiotic. as per your reasoning, the obvious solution would be to not use kat. simple.

Kat is the most popular and commonly accessed site, it can't be ignored. More exposure, more torrenter's, more healthy and longer lived torrents.

>oh my god it's so hard to join wcd
>on my god it's so hard to seed!!!

>Why does Sup Forums still use this fucking shitty torrent site?
Sup Forums doesn't use public trackers. You're thinking of the shitheads that come in other boards for tech support and consumer hardware recommendations.

>longer lived torrents
In your fucking dreams. Most peers are hit-and-runners.

HOW LONG UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES A P2P CLIENT THAT INCLUDES ALL THE TORRENTS INSTEAD OF DEPENDING ON A FUCKING WEBSITE THAT CAN BE TAKEN DOWN AT ANY TIME! REEEEEEE

People still use this site?

>Seeding

Yeah no, I don't want my inbox full of copyrighted letters.

That's now how private trackers work.

ITT: I'm to lazy to get into private trackers and argue about things I have no idea about

If everything is so wonderful on public trackers, just fucking stay there, but then don't come back due to DCMA claims, shitty speeds, no seed retention and low quality everything.

>DCMA claims
How does it feel living in an plutocracy?

Private trackers have private swarms. I see a total of ~15TB through ~4600 torrents across ~15 different private trackers. I regularly use 3+ TB of bandwidth a month on my home connection alone, and over the past year that I joined my first tracker I have gotten 0 letters. Not a single warning from my ISP.

Kickass has gone to shit
Pirate bay is shit
Most trackers have gone to shit
Torrents still werk - but without centralisation they will soon go to shit

>comment "thanks" with an animated emoticon on a private tracker
>get PMs hating on me instantly
Fucking hell man. I respect my old man's patience about private trackers, I'd have jumped ship instantly if that happened.

>N word

Please go back to Sup Forums, we don't need nasty racists here.

Why are americucks suddenly so scared of saying nigger? I used it as a derogatory word long before i knew of Sup Forums. Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger

>pls dont say any racist shit
>is on Sup Forums
You have to be 18 or older to visit this site.
nigger

>3. You will not post any of the following outside of Sup Forums: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies,
Don't forget to report posts that break the rules.

What client you have and how much cpu and ram it takes?

where all of those removed because of dmca or is that the total number of removed torrents?
I imagine a lot of shit just gets removed because of no seeds

I use deluge on my dedicated server (which I use for more than torrenting) and transmission on my home connection. Transmission uses very little CPU unless transferring large amounts of data. Also I have the cache set to 512 MB, but you can set it to as low as like 64 MB. It generally respects that limit except on it's own transmission needs between 5-200 MB depending on the amount of torrents you have loaded. Currently my transmission is using around 650 MB of memory with a 512 MB cache and 3100 torrents. And I'm uploading at 15 different files at 4 MB/s and this is taking 6% of 1 core on a 5820k.

Deluge eats CPU and RAM like no tomorrow but it's also python, so it's expected.

>I don't want my inbox full of copyright letters
Which is why you should use private trackers.

Thank you, I wanted to know because I'm choosing which client I should use next, based on performance.

I highly recommend transmission. It's incredibly stable even at large torrent amounts. In a whole year it hasn't crashed once. Performance wise I think rtorrent is hard to beat, but transmission comes close.