Post programs with shitty UI

It's 2016. Time to call them out.

All of W10.

>GNU/Linux in general.

Ventrilo

blenders UI is pretty good though, have you used it at all?

What's so bad about Photoshop? Or are you just referring to old PS (which is still okay) ?

It needs some serious improvements though.

GIMP thread

This. I feel that everybody who complains about it has no idea what to expect from a 3D suite, expecting it to be simple.

Eh, once you get used to it the workflow in Blender is alright. It's just a clusterfuck if you're never seen it before.

>Eh, once you know how works it's ok

The only actual problem with Blender's UI is that it's only consistent with itself. It's written in some nightmare fuel UI kit that's so ingrained in Blender itself that it cannot be removed and used separately, making it one of the most special snowflake UIs on the planet.

But once you get past that it's great, it's logical, the same rules apply everywhere, it's customizable, the hierarchy and types of different UI elements are really obvious.

Autocad's ribbon shit

Encourages people not to use the command line.

People come in to our office for interviews at technicians and we give them a test.

>90% fail it
>Tell me that they're not used to where all the tools are
>One day I decide to take the test to see how it's done
>Complete it in less than 40 mins
>I'm not even supposed to be able to use cad
>We end up having to hire retards who know less cad than the engineers who are supposed to be giving them work to save time

I fucking hate people, honestly.

blender's ui is fine, it's just not the ui you are used to

He's reffering to the interface that persisted from CS1~3, after they axed the classic v7 look, but before the unified CS4 interface. It looked terrbile and was bloated as all hell, making many people stick with v7 for a while. CS4-onwards is God-teir though.

3D suites are complicated in general, but some are more intuitive than others. 3ds Max is so easy to even a retard could use it, it's just Photoshop with a 3D canvas. Maya has a bigger learning curve because it focuses more on you knowing how to use shortcuts and hotkeys, rather than clicking on buttons. When it comes to a visual art like 3D, most people initially expect to do things "hands on", rather than execute obtuse functions.

Blender also suffers the stigma of being nigh-unusable in it's early days, I've tried it in beta and v1 which left a bad taste. I'm sure it's better now, but I don't really care at this point. Thinking Particles has basically cemented me to Max.

>yfw 2 retarded 2 use blender's perfect interface
Kek m8, it's open, don't like it --->CHANGE IT

>I don't know and can't be bothered to learn to use software

>it's the current year

aaaannnd here comes the Blender shills.

it's a literal religion.

aaaaaaaand here comes someone who expects to use something without taking the time to actually learn it

he's literally retarded.

It looks exactly like PS7 with a Windows XP theme.

Don't defend that retard, there is nothing wrong with that UI.

I feel like cinema 4D is the only 3D suite with a good UI

>I'm sure it's better now

this nigga dreaming

it's still shit m8

>im too stupid and impatient to learn a complicated system so i'll make a post about. omg i will never work for a japanese game company

any ui that doesnt follow system standards for ui design

you look like a very angry little japanese old man

Wacom's software is garbage

Blenders interface is perfectly fine.

Jesus that font rendering is killing me.

Not that guy but I do 3d in my job regularly and I used to be a full time vfx artist. I mostly use Maya and 3ds max but I can happily use xsi, Houdini, modo, mudbox, real flow, practically any 3d software I can sit down and pick up the basics in 10 minutes because of previous experience. Blender I cannot begin to fathom. It's different in a way that's completely unfamiliar, completely different from any other 3d tool in existence and seems absolutely retarded when compared to other tools. Even those with a high learning curve like Houdini. It's just batshit insane and utterly unintuitive. I really can't stand it.

is there something intrinsic to open source that makes it bad for UI design? that's what I'm feeling

Designers don't do open source and most programmers are shockingly out of their depth trying to do it themselves.

I feel it's quite similar to tiling WMs in that regard. Seems completely wrong and unintuitive at first, but once you get used to it everything else feels like shit.

Can't they shamelessly mimic the UI of industry standard software?

>flat design

lol into the trasharooni

>implying

What's your stance on Zbrush?

What's wrong here?
everything is labeled and in bold so you know where to go. It's not so bad, honestly.

Dunno what the problem is, it was good enough for me to guess what everything does and pretty much everything was the first or second place I looked for it. Also it's free.

Its not bad at all, gimp ui is terrible is just a meme

>gimp ui is terrible is just a meme
No, no it's not.

This desu.

Krita's UI is fantastic, but unfortunately you're not wrong in most popular cases.

I wish they would

inb4 that zbrush faggot tries to say it's hard to use

ITT: the fags who leave reviews on programs like "1 star no material design"