So I vacuum cleaned my radiator, reinstalled the fan...

So I vacuum cleaned my radiator, reinstalled the fan, scerwed everything back and my processor went to 90 degrees almost instantly! What the fuck did I do wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

noctua.at/en/support/mounting-and-upgrade-kits
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably fucked up your thermal paste contact. Redo it.

you didn't do anything wrong.

don't let society bring you down

this

I love you user, you can do it

Alright. Is this good?

If you lifted it up and didn't reapply new paste, you fucked up.

Oooh. I see. So I just have to reapply it, and close ot, and dont open it up again? I see...

>he fell for the dot method meme

I did it again, temps still went til high... Fuck it. I'll just wait until I get my New case then reinstall it.

Did you clean the CPU and cooler properly using a non-conductive cleaning agent like isopropyl alcohol?

You should have added a bit more

you should remove the old before that too.

install gnu/hurd

OP back again, I reapplied and this time it didnt start a housefire like right away. It still was pretty bad idling at 80C. I guess I'll just wait for my new case and the corsair h115i... I do want to know what I probably did wrong though.

Maybe you put the fan back on the wrong way around.

I'm personally a fan of the line method, but even then I hate having to remove my cooler to check how shit is so I just never take it off afterwards.

D14's are too fucking huge, I might go closed loop next time.

I'm still running a D14 but I'm still on sandy bridge, now I'm on the edge of getting a broadwell-e chip but I'd have to get a new bracket.

Unlike other companies, you could probably just email noctua a copy of your receipt and ask for a new mounting bracket for x socket, and they'd probably send you one free of charge.

noctua.at/en/support/mounting-and-upgrade-kits

I don't have the receipt anymore though.

Even then, you could probably email them and buy one off them directly, or "one of their resellers".

I'll probably end up doing that, I'm really on the edge about getting a new mobo cpu and memory or just waiting for next gen. Got some fatty tax returns so have a good bit of spending money