/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBFI8ScdE4E
youtu.be/yl_4gtp7Q0Q
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970s-Seiko-Lord-Matic-Special-5216-7080-Automatic-Watch-Runs-Great-/131863349123?hash=item1eb3ab0783:g:y1kAAOSwgY9XdIqT
amazon.com/memewatch/dp/B00VUOQ9P0/
omegawatches.com/de/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/apollo-13-silver-snoopy-award/product/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>work the most casual job possible
>wear the most casual garbage like jeans and tshirt, any more and I look out of place
>love sleek dress watches
>sports watches don't impress me as much

kill me

>Be firefighter
>Break every watch I've ever bought

It sucks having good taste. Back to Timex.

Well hello there...

>that seconds hand
>how small your dick has to be to compensate by tripfagging constantly

I have reached the ultimate Watch Collection,so now I only buy NATO Straps

Dali edition?

Just because it's a solar watch doesn't mean you should leave it all day long under the sun.

>ultimate Watch Collection
eh.

>NATO Straps
They're all shit, stop buying from cheapestnatostraps.

But Anonkun,I didnt buy a single one of those from there

Then you surely paid far too much for those, because they're all sold at the lowest price on CNS, and even then it's a rip off. They're the shittiest straps you can find.

Get yourself something decent from GasGasBones or Timefactors.

>ultimate collection
>no bauhaus
>no diver
>no deck watch

ayyy

This is my watch. Is it acceptable around here or is it what you guys would say dogshit?

Kinda wish I went with a full digital tho.

What's a good shark mesh bracelet that's not too expensive? I want to customize myself a Seiko KonTiki-style, but there's so much choice I don't even know where to start, nor can I see any difference between those.

There's cheap ones on Ebay. They're all pretty much the same. Some have removable sections/links, otherwise you have to dremel/cut it down to size.

Anyone have a good lead on a watch repair place? The local guy that I used to have do my stuff apparently closed. I'm obviously willing to ship.

If Tony Soprano can wear a gold Rolex President with bowling shirts and tracksuits you can wear whatever you want.

But god punished him for that.

god punishes us all eventually

I just can't understand this one.

Looks like it received some waves.

The GA-100 is fine. It's not a luxury watch, it's not fancy in any way, but it's tough and reliable. The only recurrent failure I've encountered was the watch resetting for no apparent reason but it's been fixed by Casio since then. As long as you get the waterproofing checked every time you change the battery, you should be fine.

How do you live with your autism?

Why is this thread on Sup Forums? It belongs to Actually, I bet /fa/ is not as much of a cancer as Sup Forums. Why stick around here?

oh look it's this shit again

>watches aren't technology

a very interesting video on the workings of the Squaaaaaaaaleeeee factory if anyone is interested

Holy shit I fucking hate this watch. I am not even kidding. It's grotesque and every person who've I've ever met who wears it is a degenerate.

Not that poster, I'm half half over the g shocks.
They could go either way and be a raging cunt, or not so bad.
In fact several people i know who own then are either paramedics or firefighters and are actually nice people who bought it to be a beater

Remove Sup Forums, /biz/ and /t/ threads first faggot

Check out some of the other videos he has of various watch shit like changing links and stuff

Thankfully I am not a degenerate.

Interesting designs, but far too expensive for what they are. Also the more you look at them, the more flaws you notice.

Considering they got told by the American goyiment to remove all traces of the word America and detroit because it's all chinese fabrication. ....
I won't ever but one

unless you're talking about a slim watch without a seconds hand or something it's fine

most of what people consider dressy were everyday watches back in the day

Everyone says that, but I really never saw any proof of that. I mean obviously it's dogshit, but still, this part seems to be a myth, the company itself claims the movement is assembled in the US, with Swiss parts. It implicitly admits the other parts are made in China, along with every non-movement parts.

Because back in the day, people dressed far better on average than anyone today. Still, they didn't quite have the variety of models we have today.

Yeah it actually happened. The company put out a statement about how much it was "hurting American jobs"
Basically most is made in China, some movement parts are swiss and they employ a few people to put the half chinese movement into the all chinese case and slap on a strap (probably chinese)

here is another squaaaaaaaleeee viseo about the design process of the watch, more interesting stuff.

well that's true too i guess

Ive lost my rolex oyster perpetual

Literally five euros down the drain

youtu.be/yl_4gtp7Q0Q
>tag a shit
Could it be?

Heuer is great.

Tag a shit.

they didn't dress better but they dressed more formally.

k that watch costs 90 trillion dollars.

Is there a $300 seiko with the same color scheme? I'm liking the off-white face with the shiny white/silver dial and markings

Heat damage?
Theres no way sunlight did that

SARB035

U S A
S
A

you are the best cutest little monkey

......................oh my god

I'm wearing it for independence day. I normally wear it on this:

So I got this.
Needs a new crystal and probably a service (running a little too fast and the lower crown is hard to push out).
Works totally fine otherwise, never had a mechanical with alarm function. Pretty nifty.

That will look nice with a new acrylic crystal.

This one for $28? Cop or not?

I like it but it's really fucking big

This Pulsar guy doesn't have knuckles

I leave my solar watches in direct sunlight for hours and nothing like that has happened them
Hell I took a basic analog casio with me to the middle middle east where it was in 110F weather all day and it was fine.
Thats heat damage
Avoid curry specials if you can

Bonus points for memematic, also.

I love the design.

Still kick myself I didn't buy one when it first came out.

It was always overpriced, but still.

You have no knuckles

But thats simply not true

Your bathroom is disgusting

Nah man. They are shit heaps, you're getting scammed, they take very deceiving photos and are usually pieced together from broken watches. I personally bought one with the worst bracelet ever, an indicie fell off after a week and it stopped ticking randomly for an extended period from the get go

Yeah I probably need to clean it
Living alone kinda sucks

Those are the most pathetic "knuckles" I have ever seen.

>eventually
I've been punished starting from birth.

What kind of fucking name is "shinola"? Reminds me of that linkin park guy.
>Actually, I bet /fa/ is not as much of a cancer as Sup Forums
Confirmed for never having been there.

It's from 1877 but was later reappropriated

The Seiko quartzes look classy as fuck, I wish there was a SARB like that.

Wait to look at mine.

Parts are in, still waiting on the watch itself.
it already looks awesome, super hyped

Another 8926 mod?

I'm using one of those seiko 5 SNZH divers for this one. It'll be a nice change to not have to grind anything off the case.
Although I looked in my parts bin and found this bezel from when I was thinking about doing something like this a couple years ago, which is not even made anymore, so I totally could have.
Anybody want a discontinued milgauss style sub bezel?

Please stop "building" cancerous watches.

Fuck, if only the dial was in good condition. I'm still tempted but nope, I won't.
ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1970s-Seiko-Lord-Matic-Special-5216-7080-Automatic-Watch-Runs-Great-/131863349123?hash=item1eb3ab0783:g:y1kAAOSwgY9XdIqT

>slight yellowish discoloration
>hands with spots
Possible water tainting alert.

The guy has 100% and said the watch is otherwise perfect and kept good time.
Not saying it has to be like that but he doesn't seem your typical liar.

Anyway I really like that case shape, I think it would look great with a black leather strap, it's a shame.

I just came across a mechanical pocket watch that looks russian as fuck. Anyone got any tips for keeping a wind up pocket watch ticking?

Front of russian pocket watch

hey guys,

what other watches are there that are similar to this overpriced shit? I want to buy my girl one.

i know /wt/ had a favorite minimalist watch to slam on natos, but i cant remember the name?
bulova maybe? iirc it had very fine blue hands

>tfw you kind of want a smartwatch because of the novelty of being able to change the watch dial whenever you please

amazon.com/memewatch/dp/B00VUOQ9P0/

This would be large though.

hmm thanks, anything more suited to a female wrist?

pls stop being salt

Seems to be a Molinja 3602 with a reprinted/fake dial.

>tfw when you paid less for your project Lm special

Still thinking if i should get a green dialed Elnix with gold accents or a simple white one?

I have a Pebble steel which I plan on selling.

Smartwatches are just not useful enough yet. I was using mine mostly to just tell time...

That's the thing. I have no use for one other than a time keeping device and for switching the dials like an autist. That's why if I do decide to buy one I will probably buy a chink one since they can be very cheap.

How about you get one from aliexpress for 10$? They're supposed to be the same watch.

My babies. And yeah, did not wipe them.clean for you fucks to oogle over. They are my daily wearers.

omegawatches.com/de/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/apollo-13-silver-snoopy-award/product/

Im considering buying this,anybody have any idea if it will increase in value over time?

First of all, you're a fuckhead for buying a watch just because thinking it will increase in price over time. Buy it if you love it. Otherwise get cancer and die.