It's finally out senpai!

It's finally out senpai!

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/60547/comparison-of-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-pcbs
alternate.be/html/product/listing.html?navId=1464185147271&tk=7&lk=13616&sort=PRICE&order=DESC#listingResult
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only retards buy Asus cards. Overpriced trash that's always middle of the pack at best in terms of temperatures and noise. Enjoy being a dumb brand whore.

>asus
Into the trash.

Where's the gigabyte card?

I was a ASUS fan, but their quaLITY HAS DROPPED VERY FAR.

Exactly this....I hate everyone on Sup Forums but I would never tell them to buy ASUS. I hate no one that much.

this.
gigabyte has never let me down in build quality so far.

So then what's a good alternative to asus? I didn't realize their quality was dropping of so much. Can I still trust their motherboards too?

In my rig :^)

EVGA for Nvidia
Sapphire for AMD

Gigabyte.

Gigabyte is junk slightly better than low-end ASUS crap.

kill yourself.

>I didn't realize their quality was dropping of so much.
It didn't. Don't listen to Niggabyte shills.

>Can I still trust their motherboards too?
Yes, they're fine.

Fuck off Gigashit marketer.

eat shit sns/v/

>Anything other than EVGA
Into the trash

Only Sup Forumsermin would actually use gigashit

I would get their GTX 1070 if they'd bothered to upgrade the power phase, it's 4+1 for all their models except the very highest end one, which is 10+2.

How about you make the middle model 6+2 or something, cause I'm not buying the reference 4+1 garbage and i'm certainly not paying almost $500 for the 10+2 phase one.

Looks like asus or gigabyte for me.

gigabyte is fucking reliable as hell.

I've had my p55a udr3 usb 3 overclocking my i7 870 to [email protected] for the past 6 years and itr hasn't given me a single fucking issue.

my windforce gtx680 doesn't even reach 60 degrees celcius when i tested itr in heaven benchmark.

fuck off

I fucking hate what Sup Forums has become. Fanboys accuse each other of being shills and cry that their company is better.

Absolutely no discussion possible anymore. Why can't you idiots just have a normal discussion and showing why EVGA is good, or why ASUS is shit etc.

>EVGA
>when there's no SSC version yet

we're just playing m8.

Gigabyte and evga are both good brands.

Asus is pretty decent in 9xx series but I've heard they make terrible AMD cards. Overall I'd say Asus/Gigabyte are in middle of the pack, EVGA and MSI are hit and miss since they usually have best OC but also tend to RMA/Overheat (MSI's twin frozr design is garbage desu). I'd say go EVGA since they tend to upgrade your GPU if you RMA it after a while.

>Why can't you idiots just have a normal discussion and showing why EVGA is good, or why ASUS is shit etc.
because that's no fun
If I want to seriously discuss shit I just talk with my friends you know?

who here /best 1080/

$1 has been deposited into your EVGA shilling account

the g1 is 6+2 you fucking knobhead.

The 1070 costs $600 here and the 1080 costs $900.

Gigabyte windforce 680 4gb, got it waterdamaged for only $50 and it's still going strong.

Fantastic brand imo, from what I've experienced so far.

FAN STOP

Yeah i fucking know, that's why I said
>Looks like asus or gigabyte for me
I was specifically talking about EVGA not having anything but 4+1 and 10+2.

>asus

The Zotac gtx 1080 PGF will be the best version of the card, and the sturdiest.

Also EVGA are gpu pre-bin scumbags that organise and sell their high ASIC cards separately for atrocious prices.

If you want something good for the price at the moment, just go with the Inno3D 3x

videocardz.com/60547/comparison-of-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-pcbs

>Overpriced
Literally priced equally or less.
>Middle of the pack temps and noise
Every review I've read has stated it is either equally quiet and hot as the competition, whilst some reviews put the Strix as quieter and cooler by 1-2 decibels and 1-3C.

>not waiting for Classified

ISHYGDDT

> sell their high ASIC cards separately for atrocious prices.

Watching them do that for maxwell cards was hilarious as maxwell doesn't respond too well to voltage for the most part, so higher ASIC is more or less meaningless.

>all those phases on a zotac card

Now if pascal responds well to voltage that might be worth it, but if pascal does not thats a whole lot of overkill for nothing (assuming said vrms aren't bottom barrel in the first place).

jesus fuck you could shoot Ramiel with this

you got the wrong card senpai

evga jews out the silicone lottery to gaypin neutering the other 20 versions of the card too

I can't wait for the AIB shootouts... I think the Strix is gonna come out on top.

Okay, not good with identifying physical hardware, what exactly am i looking at and what makes it awesome/stupid?

Compare that zotac board to a picture of the reference pcb.

>not using Surface mounted caps
Blew it.

Those are surface mount caps you troll you

Those are PCB mounted caps.

All I can get from what I'm reading and seeing is something about better power-delivery methods.

Its power delivery is deliciously overkill.
1VRM phase gets:
2 caps, one PCB mounted one surface mounted(normal, it's usually 2 of each, not a mix of both)
3(!) mosfets with 1 capacitor for the third mosfet.(total and complete overkill)
1 driver per 2 VRM phase(normal)

That is exactly what it is about.

Of course the number of VRMs is also overkill.
And 16 VRMs is bordering on autism

filtered :^)

>Not waiting for Kingpin

>using the smiley with a carat nose

EVGA

Is Zotac actually good now? They used to get memed hard in the 5xx series.

maybe you're thinking about ceramic vs electrolytic caps?

What's the difference between these two cylindrical electrolytic caps?

Not much.

What do you guys think of the MSI gtx 1070 Armor? It's available where I live and relatively cheap. Also, it looks pretty cool.

MSI's site sucks and I can't find any reviews of it, so I don't know if the PCB is customized and how good the cooling is, beyond that the fans are apparently not the latest TORX model.

best looking one i've seen, don't know anything else about it at all

Through hole vs surface mount?

>gigabyte is junk slightly better than low-end ASUS

mah neger

Is there an echo in here?

>(((You)))

bump

Still hoping that someone knows something about the msi 1070 Armor qt.

Things we know

>msi make it
>its called armor
>its a 1070
>it costs money

Don't ever fucking call me senpai again you goddamn weeaboo

MSI, EVGA and Gigabyte are better than Asus cancer.

I got this coming in the mail next week for my first build.

Please bully me and tell me what poor choice I made.

>mfw all this ASUS hate
>mfw all my monitors are ASUS, my last GPU was ASUS, my motherboard is ASUS, and I've never had a single problem with any of them

Does asus red clash with the razer green?

Sorry to disappoint but I don't even do brand favoritism. I just buy the cheapest thing that suits my needs.

I'm about to buy it next time it comes in stock for my first build, so good job my man.

It's the best deal out of the current 1070s. All other 8+6 pins are priced much higher. You have chosen wisely.

semen demon?

Thanks, lads.

I didn't spend a lot of time researching the differences, just glad I struck the right one.

that zotac fpg version isn't available in europe? i've ordered the amp extreme instead

>buying the garbage budget brand to save a few shekels on a GPU that expensive
Not even Jews do this. They know better.

Zotac's AMP! range of cards tend to be some of the highest clocked cards you can buy (from a given gpu line).

The 970 AMP! is as fast as a 980 for example.

the amp extreme is the third most expensive card there is, not looking at those hybrid watercool things.
alternate.be/html/product/listing.html?navId=1464185147271&tk=7&lk=13616&sort=PRICE&order=DESC#listingResult

>not looking at those hybrid watercool things.

Hybrid cooling is for chumps by the way.

Isn't the ASUS 20th anniversary Gold edition the highest clocked 980Ti?

>zotac
>budget
Not since the fucking 400 series mate.

It could be - but its nothing special within itself. For the premium they ask it doesn't overclock any better than any other 980ti despite what asus marketing claims.

They sold the 290x platinum as some sort of ultra tier 290x and it was one of the worst 290x's you could actually buy.

ANUS is awful for AMD ever since 2012-13 or something.

If you believe hardocp (I do not) they made a 290x that could pull more than a 295x2.

It's not impossible, leaky chips all around and high voltage would do that.

New to PCs, would you guys mind explaining why Asus apparentally is so low quality? My planned build has an Asus motherboard and monitor.

BIOS alone would prevent that - unless the platinum has a 500w bios (which I doubt as even the msi 390x doesn't draw that much and thats a notoriously high voltage card). The max any 290x is likely to pull is 400w - the stock card can pull 375w at +50% power target and absolutely no AIB 290x comes clocked to that. Christ even the 1080mhz vapor-x and lighting only some with a + 20mv offset to allow for said clocks.

We're talking GPUs, ANUS still has decent mobos and monitors.
Although it feels like their gimped kid, ASRock has been doing a better job recently on the mobo front.

> ANUS still has decent mobos

They make the best AM3+ mobos money can buy.

That's a 5 year old platform, user.

Well in terms of their GPUs then, what's the deal?

They nosedived in quality over the last few years for money reasons.

At some point it was new and their boards were top tier then. Age doesn't change how good said boards are for the cpus they support.

Consumerism go and stay go.

You know what? SOLTEK is fucking God-tier.

Really g? Gigabyte consistently makes the worst cards. They use a low quality PCB and components and throw a 3 fan cooler on to impress anyone who doesn't know any better. Their cards also often lack any form of overvolting support.

Right now the best AMD cards are MSI and Sapphire (but sapphire actually sucked pre R9 200 series).

The truth is that quality varies significantly by brand, era, and product tier. For example EVGA aftermarket cards were trash in the past, but their high end aftermarket classified cards were the shit. MSI has had the most consistent quality over time with all their cards.