Which is the best music player for android?

Which is the best music player for android?

pic related is mine

Other urls found in this thread:

xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nkorth.music
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poweramp

poweramp is ugly af

You can get skins for it

What's that Music player OP ?

Nevermind, that'd BlackPlayer.

Been using poweramp for god knows how long now but I recently heard that foobar actually has an android version. Never tried it yet so I don't know if it's on par with the main version.

My Nigga

Android version sounds excellent. But looks like Windows 98 on android. Ugly asf

Poweramp. The only one able to utilize the hi res DAC in current flagships. The design will get a rework soon, but right now it fits my needs just fine.

GoneMAD

There is no substitute.

>people believing in the "hi res" audio placebo bullshit
>stop it, you're killing me, if I laugh any harder I'm gonna hurl
>here, maggots, get educated:

xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

and make sure to watch the "Digital Show & Tell" video at the link at the top of the article.

i just use whatever is preinstalled
any player has quick controls from the notification bar or lock screen, play/pause, next, shuffle, some ways of sorting and playlists
what else do you need from a player?

>what else do you need from a player?

Nothing, really, which is why it's always a personal preference: they all do the same thing, play the same fucking files the same way, they all use the Android APIs for audio playback based on software and hardware decoding (yes, even the "hi res" bullshit too), and generally there's very little difference between them nowadays.

Some are free, some cost a few bucks and some are actually worth it, such as GoneMAD with a very responsive developer - just one guy created it and continues to code it to this day and so I have zero issues supporting his efforts because it is the best player for me and my usage.

Find something you like that works and then don't bother with what other people think, not even me.

why should it get reworked? just because you mongoloids are too retarded to download a fucking skin off the play store/f droid? kill yourself you luddite

shuttle is comf enough for me

My Samsung pre-installed music app

>t. samshills

Black player cracked apk :) ==

I have used power amp for a long time, but the UI is kind of impossible to customize. I have a big screen and I'm limited to two albums in a row, unless there is a setting I'm missing.

Are there any apps where I can do this? Also, any apps that look at the album artist tag? I read somewhere that this is an android limitation.

Google Music tbqh

D-don't laugh..

There are new alpha builds which have an all new sound engine, that enables HiRes DAC support. The new alpha doesn't support skins because the UI is being redesigned for the eventual 3.0 release. Now kill yourself.

>not knowing what a Hi-Res DAC is
>not knowing what a DAC does
There's a fucking reason why Apple devices are used in almost every single recording environment.

How can you even listen to music on your phone?

They managed to make the mobile UI even shittier than the desktop UI.

Yeah I laugh at these plebeians that don't carry a turntable and two monitor speakers wherever they go

Does that viper4android thing actually improve something?

It sounds fishy to me..

>480x854

Apple doesn't manufacture DACs.
>recording environment
You don't need a DAC for that, you need ADC.

The display's about 4.3 inches, it's not that noticeable.

I don't need a powerful phone, anyway.

Lol
>hi res dac
Thats just marketing for "this device can play 24/192 files", thats really not impressive since my s4 can play those files no problem.

>with no problem
It's always converted to 16bit 44.1khz because lel AndroId. Even when you use an external DAC. The only way to output it in the original quality is to use an audio player that uses its own driver to bypass AndroId API. Neutron and Onkyo can do that. Neutron already does everything possible to make output more precise(like noise shaped dithering, its own resampling, etc), it even has options for DSD files. Such a shame the UI is garbage.

spotify

if it isnt on spotify the chances are its shit

AIMP

Apple doesn't make recording devices nor are they used in recording studios for anything other than running software they didn't fucking create (Logic? Don't even, they didn't create that, they bought the developer years ago just like they always end up buying something and slapping their fucking name on it).

You're a fucking idiot that doesn't have a clue about what "hi res" music is and why nothing past 16 bit 48 kHz is actually useful for consumers in any way, shape, or form.

>he thinks Apple is some famous or well known recording studio equipment supplier
>every recording studio owner would just fucking laugh at you for the suggestion
>look at him, look at him and laugh

>Neutron already does everything possible to make output more precise(like noise shaped dithering, its own resampling, etc)
>says it's precise
>then goes on to point out processing that ruins the original signal quality
>you stupid fucking person
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

>neutron
That piece of shit is slow as fuck and sounds exactly like poweramp

Rocket Player, hands down

Phonograph easily

Foobar2k has a mobile app now.

>that greentext

>then goes on to point out processing that ruins the original signal quality
AndroId API ruins it - it converts it using LPA. Same bitrate!=same quality, it's like with different mp3 encoders, earlier ones were complete garbage. Additionally, Neutron bypasses Android even in that regard, e.g. it won't be affected by viperfx.

Google Play

Why the fuck would u install another player?

The bypass is not complete, as I've mentioned. It's only to alsa level, using Opensl es.

Based phonograph

Flat theme looks better desu

Phonograph just werks :^)

Poweramp just because it has the best EQ on mobile. The High-res DAC doesn't really matter, except in cases where it can actually make the sound quality better not because of the sample rate, but because it bypasses Android's API and uses the on-board hardware.

I hope you aren't implying that looks good, nor fixes any of the other UI problems I have with Poweramp.

Get a trip so I can filter you please.

I use deadbeef. Only complaint is lack of Opus support.

>the best EQ on mobile
Neutron's is better, but it's bafflingly complex. It's an up-to 20 bands parametric EQ, for each band you can set the filter type(low-shelf, high-shelf, band-stop, band-pass, low-pass, high-pass, peak) and for each filter you can set parameters(Q,S,BW I don't even know what the fuck it means), frequency and gain. I'm honestly afraid to touch it. I just use gain normalization, and it has to be recomputed for every track if I change the EQ settings.

Phonograph.
Any other answer is objectively wrong.

Powergraph looks nice, but it's seriously lacking in functionality.

Poweramp looks like crap
Foobar doesn't belong on android

Black Player EX is love
Black Player EX is life

Nigga, it plays your audio and it looks nice.
That's all people look for in a music player, unless you're an autistic neckbeard.

*tips beats

but poweramp does it better, plus its poweramps eq is the best on android.

*scratches neckbeard*

You're on Sup Forums, mate, what do you think?

i use a sony xperia z3.
samshill yourself you cuck.

The one that you already use.

Cause Google Play is dog shit

Stupid question, what player is this?

wow, rude. kys

BlackPlayer

Full version cost 1$

Or any idea about design

Google Play Music for me

How do you get it to look like OP. Mine looks wat Different.

Look around in the settings.

>Which is the best music player for android?
Spotify

Have. Can't find how to change it. Just Tell me user

VLC >Everything else

>they all use the Android APIs for audio playback
>GoneMAD

You literally use one of the very few players that don't rely on the shitty Android APIs and that's what makes it one of the best players out there.

You are right that most of the players are basically the same. Just a skin over the basic Android mediastore and audio APIs, and that's why they're all equally bad.

>any apps that look at the album artist tag?
GoneMAD does it. It is an android limitation because the mediastore doesn't read the AlbumArtist tag. GoneMAD circumvents this limitation by scanning your files on its own and reading the metadata by itself instead of just using whatever data the mediastores gives it.

I built this one last weekend:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nkorth.music
I certainly don't want to claim it's the best, but the reason I made it is because I couldn't find any apps that work properly with flac+cue album rips. In fact, my app specifically only works with flac+cue because all the other media players have that covered.

bad wording, I meant to write "other media players have normal formats covered"

There's never any good thread related to this, so I'm just going to shitpost in yours
Why are there literally no decent FOSS music players? On desktops specifically, as I haven't looked into it for mobile. The couple that have been made are barebones garbage.

GPM to stream.
BPE to local archives, because browsing albums on GPM is a fucking pain.

Neutron, everything else lacks basic features such as crossfeed, parametric EQ and opus support.

>Poweramp just because it has the best EQ on mobile
lmao that piece of shit isn't even parametric

Given all music apps does that, what I look at is how easy it is to select songs.
So many players fail that.

When I listen to music, I am okay with using it as my own radio station.
Just pick a random song from my playlist, and the default playlist should be all songs.

But I often want to hear a specific song, so this is when I have to use the interface.

I hit the search button, type a few letters that match the tags on the song and I find it on a list.
Then I click the song.
What should happen?

Should my playlist be removed and replaced by a single song?
Should I stop whatever I am listening to and play the selected song?
Or should it be added to the queue?

I want it to be added to the queue, and I prefer the back of the queue.
This way, I can select 10 songs in a couple of seconds and put my phone down again.
If I wanted a specific song now, I could spend the extra time to put it in the front of the queue and press next.

So far I have only seen Poweramp which allows this.
Given that designing touch applications is relatively new, I forgive people who don't know what it means to use their apps, but it is about time it should be fixed.

The desktop ones are fine, what are you talking about?
The mobile ones are useless, but so are the majority of proprietary apps.

What FOSS music player for desktop do you consider anywhere near as good as the main freeware ones?

>LAMP
muh niggah

Best looking desu senpai

Which one is it