Linux Mint 18 was released. Why aren't you installing it right now? What's your excuse?

Linux Mint 18 was released. Why aren't you installing it right now? What's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/
steamdb.info/linux/
youtube.com/watch?v=93MLmHOysC4
peppercarrot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's new on it that 16 didn't have? Nothing. This is why I am not going to bother.

Not a Mintfag. Gentoo, Arch or Debian.

because its just debian with some shit theme

SystemD

Install the new Slackware instead.

Just use Debian, for fuck's sake.

Why would anyone install a distro which needs to block updates so it doesn't fall apart?

github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/

Fglrx support is why I'm still on 17.3
Is Radeon that much worse?

because I am still pissed about being compromised a few months back.

Because Windows 10 looks way better.

Why aren't you installing Windows 10 when it's literally free?

I'd just like to interject you for a moment. What you're refering to as "free" is in fact "gratis", or as i've recently taken to calling it "bait".

I'm testing it on a live usb now thanks.

manjaro

>no games

steamdb.info/linux/

wow you sure showed me with all that shovelware

/thread

Because I prefer other operating systems and don't need the approval of random autists on the Internet.

UpdateSubscription.exe, that's why

>I believe in FUD made up by freetards
well enjoy getting cucked into no games

>when it's literally free

Why the fuck would you ever use fglrx over the open source drivers of kernel 4.4 and onwards?

tried to, updating was at 40 kbps down. no thanks. xubuntu works perfectly for me.

Windows 10's a pile of shit. Console gaming is now officially better. Not because of performance or anything, but because you don't need to run the worst operating system ever conceived.

The only ever reason why people ever used Mint was because of the Cinnamon DE. What's the point of getting Mint then now if you can get Cinnamon on pretty much any distro you want? At the moment I'm happily using Cinnamon on Manjaro on my laptop, and Ubuntu (I needed certain drivers) on my desktop. There is no need for Mint anymore.

>you don't need to run the worst operating system ever conceived.
You don't need Lincucks for games tho

Because I use Manjaro, which is better.

Ebin, I was talking about Windows 10.

But I do use it. I'm not the type of person who wastes their time configuring everything just to feel good about it.

I thought Slackware comes with Systemd? I know it supports other init systems but I don't see anything pertaining to Systemd in the latest release notes.

This

Fucking Sup Forumsaggots

Also
Linux Mint fucking blows. Gtfo

Why would I use that shit when I have Gentoo?

I did and am satisfied with it.
17.3 and only that version had issues with nvidia drivers for me so I used Kubuntu instead.
Startup time seems to be much longer now also, like 30 seconds instead of 5, but I don't restart much.

I don't like outdated OSs
Ubuntu 16.04 is fine.

this

I'm too lazy to reinstall (tho I should) and I'm waiting until I can upgrade directly (tho I shouldn't)... Then I'll decide if I can be bothered or not...

I mounted mint 18 .iso but my old laptop sees it as drive with files. I can only explore them. No autoorun option. Same story with bootable usb. What do?

And sorry for bad english.

whats this big deal over systemd?

That's LMDE, not mint. Mint is ubuntu with some shit theme.

Because they fucked the distro up with Mint 17

In Mint 17 they started basing everything around Ubuntu LTS. A year from now you'll have to use old packages, and PPAs and walkthroughs made for an ancient distro.

Mint was perfect before this, when it was basically Cinnaubuntu

Because BOTNET, Mint is a known botnet.

Because it doesn't have a good pure waifu like windows does.

Games

because it cant play games

17.3 will be supported till 2019.

>s-shovelware!!
K E K
E
K

My excuse is I'm running the tolerant openSUSE Tumblrweed, racist.

def vowels(input):
count = 0
vowels = ['a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u']
for c in input:
if c in vowels:
count++
return count

>Has no games
>Shit waifus
No wonder nobody uses linux, it's garbage.

fify
def vowels(input):
count = 0
vowels = ['a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u', 'y', 'æ', 'o', 'å']
for c in input:
if c in vowels:
count++
return count

Is this Python? What's with the ++ shit
Why not just?
return sum(letter in vowels for letter in input)

Thankfully most of the games I love to play work on Linux so fuck all the haters.

Install gentoo

Except this is not true anymore.

Not free as in freedom

Yes, we can totally trust linux mint to not fuck this up.

min neger

>being this butthurt because windows' exclusivity is becoming thinner

Not only that, windows 10 has the better waifu. Enjoy your used goods lincucks.

>valve shit
>indie shit
WOW! That's totally more impressive than GTA V.

Oh shit.

>Has no games
see >Shit waifus
pic related

> Linux mint devs fixed the issue
> NO BUT WE CANT TRUST EMMM

Good argument

>My best argument is predicting the future!
Seriously, i'm a hundred of times more willing to forgive an honest mistaken than something pushed on me on purpose like microsoft or apple does.

Also cinnamon is nice:
youtube.com/watch?v=93MLmHOysC4

rooted iso

Check the mintupdate link. It's straight upstream, only the GUI has changed. How retarded are you?

I'm just waiting for the upgrade instructions from 17.3. Also, way to have a shitty bait post OP.

What is the problem exactly?, mint has never blocked you from installing the same packages as ubuntu.

>How retarded are you?
no u

>install ubuntu mate
>click checkbox to enable mp3 and other codecs and flash during the install

what's the point of Linux Mint again? They should just focus on improving their DEs, I really like MATE. Same goes for elementaryOS.

I'll take that over Red Turban or Cuckanonical any day

I play games, so I'll probably never use this.

Maybe if computers find a way to do some amazing emulation and I can run linux and windows at the same time.

Personal preference? I think Ubuntu with Cinnamon is fine as is Mint.

But what's different? Mint is literally ubuntu with preinstalled codecs not optional.

No clue on the minor details there. Folks like to nitpick I suppose. I am curious about Manjaro though and wonder what the differences with that are as they offer community builds with cinnamon too.

>I play games, so I'll probably never use this.
use what?

Cinnamon. As it is on Linux. Looks cool, though.

B-But i like Linux Mint. It's clear and easy to use. Why should I change to Arch, Gentoo or whatever? I don't understand all this Neckbeard stuff anyway.

yeah I'm so butthurt that you can play indie pixel art platformer #243 and weebshit VN #541

Oh, i see. I'm not telling you to use any other operative system though. T'm just stating why i'd rather use linux mint than other providers. The problem mint had regarding the breach on their wordpress site was a serious issue, however other providers does also nasty things to their uses on purpose, taking advantage of the average joe and making their experienced users to defend themselves against their own software providers. At this point companies like microsoft doesn't think twice to do that because they monopolize a lot of programs, so people doesn't have a choice.

At this moment the market of games on linux is growing, which was one of the bigger obstacles for competing on the desktop. And as time pases there's more and more multi-platform alternatives to programs that some people needs to work, for example lightworks, natron, bitwig, bricscad, krita, etc.

There's a lot of things to do if we want the situation to change. For example, as you say games is a good reason to not use linux if that's your priority, but the fact that so many games were created using microsoft technologies to the point where now they have a lot of exclusivity is something beneficial for anyone except microsoft?

Not telling you what to do but consider that competition and having options is beneficial for the customers.

your comment and cherrypicking shows butthurt though.

Grand strategy and RTS games are weeb games or indy now?

Pepper is mai waifu
peppercarrot.com/

Why use Linux mint when Ubuntu exists?
Don't like unity, install MATE or GNOME instead.

Why install Ubuntu and fiddle around with installing other desktop environments when Mint exists?

But you don't need to do that at all on Ubuntu

ARCH
RR
C C
H H

Ahm, because different people likes different things?

It's linux

If there's linux mint users in this thread, what is the script or whatever that pressing crtrl shift r starts and stops. (desktop record) The only thing system monitor, top or ps show me is an cpu% increase in cinnamon.

What does mint offer that you can't use Ubuntu for? Cinnamon is a shit de.

Enjoy disabling tap to click with a non cinnamon desktop environment.

*ctrl alt shift r*

>tap to click
Why the fuck would anyone disable that?
It makes laptops so much easier to use

Cirno is an ice fairy
Cirno is a nice fairy.
Cirno is not racist

Because I always play computer on hard setting

LMDE 2 still comes with traditional init

rAr
c c
h h

>Uses ubuntu.
>opinions on de quality discarded.

Because the real, non-gimped version (Debian testing) is much better.

That's weird. You're weird.

Are you suggesting that you can only use unity on Ubuntu?
How autistic are you?