Which programming language should a NEET dropout learn?

Which programming language should a NEET dropout learn?

BASIC & HTML. It's all the rage these days.

python
you will thank me later

There's no reason to learn any programming languages. Nobody will ever hire you, and it's impossible for one person to make a useful application.

If you really want to learn a language, learn something that will give you bragging rights on Sup Forums, such as Befunge. The more obscure and useless the language, the better. Remember, you only really need to learn how to do FizzBuzz.

>and it's impossible for one person to make a useful application
lmao are you serious??

>implying Sup Forums is useful

OP should rather study C & Haskell. He could then go onto /dpt/ and /wdg/ and claim that all other languages are inferior..

get out, newfag

whichever one you feel comfortable with.

In my opinion, scripting languages are nice to begin with.

How does this story continue? Source?

Sorry dude it's not the 1980s anymore.

Please don't reply to bait, or at least sage while doing so.

If you ask honestly - JS and straight to React JS.

>get asslaughtered
>call it bait since you can't form a counterargument

Keep at it, user! Once you learn 10 more programming languages I'm sure the tech companies will accept you!

There is no single, magical programming language you "should" learn alone. Every language is situational in terms of what the project calls for.

What you "should" learn is how programming languages (in general) work.

Pic related. Now do this or kill yourself.

Are you saying my current job is fake?

I'm calling it bait because it's bait. What are you doing on Sup Forums if you think programming is dead or don't know any language? Consumerism threads? Latest new nvidia gpu hype?

No. You ignore the whole situation in favour of pragmatical approach.
He is a neet. That makes the choosing actually valid.

> pick js
> don't stare to death
> pick golang
> starve to death

This.

Start with HTML. It's only a markup language but if you're an absolute pleb, you'll see the rewards pretty quick.
HTML, CSS, JS then either Python/C++ or pick some meme framework like React or AngularJS and continue on with webdev.

The best advice is start with something easy then it all depends on what you actually want to build.

Programming jobs absolutely exist, for well-connected people in a few major cities. Nobody is disputing that. What I'm disputing is the notion that OP will somehow be materially better off if he learns any programming language.

>it's impossible for one person to make a useful application

bzzt, wrong, i'm singlehandedly creating a product management and sales system at work

There's plenty of small businesses that are looking for people to maintain a website for them. Basic css/js + wordpress knowledge can earn you a somewhat regular salary if you know what you are doing.

Of course, I didn't say he could get into the latest cool startup or even do entry-level enterprise shit, but it IS possible to get a job with webdev.

A NEET can easily survive on HTML CSS and JS alone doing freelance. On the other hand many businesses will hire pajeets and people without degrees for grunt job if you can fizzbuzz on Java and/or any C

if you like making pretty UIs, start with javascript and build your knowledge around node.js and webdev

if you like building backend stuff, learn java or go or ruby

if you like building low-level systems, learn rust or c or c++

>HTML
>CSS

>programming languages

Sup Forums

I'm trying to teach this NEET faggot some self-reliance and flexibility in adopting any language.

XML

>page 22
sauce

BBC Basic

he wakes up in a teenage girl's body but the twist is that the original MC was actually just an schizophrenic persona created by the teenage girl all along.

What the fuck...

>he wakes up in a teenage girl's body but the twist is that the original MC was actually just an schizophrenic persona created by the teenage girl all along

New fetish unlocked!

any form of C

Wanted to pick it up again the other day and had already forgot all of the story.

all you need to know

Python for the job you can get tomorrow
C for the job you can get a month from now
C++ for the job you can get in three months
Rust or Go for the job you can get in a year

Learn to use Game Maker.
Make a hipster 8 bit game with 10 hours of playtime but hinted ships between furries all over
Sell it $10 a pop.
Make mad money
Get hired as a "game developer" thanks to your mad street cred

Fuck off Sup Forumsirgin

are u le mad????

k

Actually...

Toby Fox is a talented musician and a well-connected competent marketer who fired on all cylinders and did everything right for launching his game. He pretty much pulled off a miracle to succeed where thousands fail.

I'm not being serious. I like Undertale but I think it has some serious quality problems that could have been easily addressed.