Will I get a new motherboard from AMD if the RX480 fried mine?

Will I get a new motherboard from AMD if the RX480 fried mine?
Or does their TOS exclude me from such a replacement? (similar to watercooling)

you're not getting anything from them

>Will I get a new motherboard from AMD if the RX480 fried mine?
what would be the point?? you would fry the new one too.

No, obviously there is a thing called "learning" which means if something fails dont do it again.

Or in case you dont get it:
>RX480 fries board
>get new board
>replace RX480 / wait for patch
>use board with different GPU or patched RX480

I cant believe I had to explain this to someone.

Did they exclude their customers from such service somewhere? Because if they didnt, there are actually laws (at least in germany) which say they have to replace the damaged parts.

KEKUS MAXIMUS

>Wanting AMD to replace something they never damaged
Get fucked Nvidia shill

>stock cards frying mobos
>in lord's year 2016
I know, someone has to do this.

Has to do what?
Btw, Im thinking about contacting AMD pretending that an RX480 killed my mobo, asking for a replacement, just to see their reaction. Which is the best way to contact them?
Email? Do they have a customer service of some sort? Or do I need to send them a letter?

you're responsible with the card the moment you buy it. if you don't use a proper board they don't have to give you anything legally.

>buy closed loop water cooling
>faulty product
>breaks and damages valuable components
Are you gonna reply to this the same way? No? I guess you are a fucking AMD shill then, fuckhead.

are you stupid? the reason it fries the board is because of the power draw. do you buy a new car when your tire pops?

to his defence, the tire is more expensive than the car in this case.

even so, you are going to be getting a new one no matter what, otherwise you won't be able to drive, so why would you get both a tire and a car instead of just getting a tire that won't pop again? it's irrational fear mongering. if it's going to need 20 more watts out of the pci then get a board that provides it. no issues.

Read
There are laws in some countries that are made for these kinds of scenario. As long as AMD did NOT make me accept TOS (for example by buying the produc) that say they are not responsible for the card destroying my PC IF USED THE NORMAL WAY, then they can be charged.

This is why corsair for example tells you:
"by using our PSU you accept our TOS which say we dont have to replace anything when it destroys your stuff, even if our PSU is at fault".

So does AMD do the same?

Also some manufacturers offer part replacement if their water cooling destroys anything in the first year or so, but only if you can prove that it was installed the proper way and wasnt altered with.

I do understand that modern marketing brainwashed some people into believing that if you buy a product that destroys your stuff its your own fault and you dont have any rights, but in reality its not that simple.

>the reason it fried the board is power draw
That doesnt matter. If I buy an oven that explodes and burns my house down (and I can prove I'm not at fault but the product is) I can expect to get at least some money from the manufacturer. And in most cases they indeed do give you some sort of repayment.

>you're responsible with the card the moment you buy it.
If AMD knowingly sells a card that exceeds specifications, and you can prove that it was this that killed your motherboard, then you have every right to sue AMD for selling faulty components that destroy the rest of your hardware. Otherwise it would be completely legal for every company to sell chink quality shit that burn out USB ports and the like.

Thank fucking god someone gets it. And this was what I was asking. So given that I can prove that the PSU is at fault and I didnt do anything 'unusual' with it or my PC this means that they sold me a product that did damage to my components.
Now I dont know about the 'knowingly' part in our country but I'll do some research on that in a sec.

>given that I can prove that
IF you can prove it. And then you have to take into account that big corporations can afford better lawyers than you can.

Okay, thx. Also I cant find anything about 'knowingly' in german law, though I dont think it matters in most cases. The whole part something like this:
>buy product
>product destroys my property
>product is provenly at fault
>manufacturer has to pay me for everything that got destroyed

Exception:
>an agreement was signed where such service got excluded (see most water cooling manufacturers)

So people that live in the 3. World and dont know about these things (aka most people ITT) can suck my dick. Im gonna msg AMD and see if such an exception is in place or if I could get a new mobo in case I bought an RX480 that killed my board.

>AMD literally trying to kill their remaining customers

Sent them a mail. Now waiting for an answer. Ill make a new thread if this one dies, just in case anyone cares.

Top kek.

>"by using our PSU you accept our TOS which say we dont have to replace anything when it destroys your stuff, even if our PSU is at fault".

this is not even remotely legally binding. you realize this yes?

It actually is.

Even PCI-SIG said its fine, there's no chance of the 480 frying your mobo

But memes spread faster then truth here so sure, youll get a new mobo if the rx480 fries yours, pass it on

Your mobo will be fine but you shouldn't buy the shitty reference card anyway.

ToS's are not legally binding.

You could sue the PSU manufact, but nobody does this because it's not worth it.

If you sued you would win. Are you going to spend tens of thousands of dollars suing a company like AMD over a mobo, though? I doubt AMD is just going to willingly dish out compensation checks so don't expect anything unless there's a class action, in which case you might get $5 bucks or so.