That chip thing for debit cards is so fucking stupid

That chip thing for debit cards is so fucking stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me why so I can call you names already.

Can i call you a faggot

What are the supposed pros of the chip?

Faggot

It prevents from getting your card cloned, right?

Opinion acknowledged, move along

I think it encrypts your info when you do transaction

it's a better authentication system than copying the signature on the back

Nice ad hominem catamites. Just comes to show how uninformed you are about the matters you're complaining about.

kek thanks buying myself a new computer right now mr lastname (lol sounds like some poo in loo name)

Credit Card company shill detected. It's the most secure way to perform transactions with a card, as opposed to super easy to steal methods like magnetic strip or RFID. Stop using shit technology and get with the times.

when did they ever not have a chip?

NO. BACK IN THE O'L DAYS ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS USE CASH

I believe it's some 'MURICA shit that doesen't use chips on their credit cards. I'm european and I've never seen anything else than chip cards. Except for a decade ago when magnectic strips were more common.

Chips are obviosly superior to anything else. If you're not a retard you understand the principle of how a chip works and why they're superior.

its a good idea, its just that america is going to struggle to change out all the readers is all

bigger country than the others which have done chip cards already and have had them for years, we got alot more businesses, which means many more card readers

Clapistanian detected

If you see someone bitching about chip, they're most likely American and it just so happens that their machines and networks aren't very swift with chip technology. Here in Canuck "A Fucking Leaf" Land aka "our dollar is dropping to 0.60", the chip transaction is complete by the time I tap the card, put the card back into my wallet, and back into my pocket. It's pretty quick. It's just your machines, bro.

>tap
>chip

fuck off leaf

Inserting chip is just as quick, just some added seconds for you to put in your pin.

I don't understand why my bank has started forcing me to use a 4 number pin since they got chip cards.

It's like they wanted to make up for the increased security with an easier to guess/steal pin.

Most of the stores I go to don't have chip readers or just don't have them turn on. Only places that know that have and working chip readers are target and sams.

I don't know how it works where you live but where I live, all credit cards have a chip and the terminals won't let you use the magnetic strip unless the chip is defective.

American here. I hate the chip only cause of how new it is and the process is so new that it takes many tries and takes a longer time for the transaction to be finished.

>2k16
>not using wireless credit card
I literally just hold my wallet close to the reader for three seconds

>increased security with an easier to guess/steal pin

You literally need to have physical access to the card with a EMV chip, means its only as secure as you keep your possessions.

Enjoy your info being stolen by 15$ RFID reader.

>It's the most secure way to perform transactions with a card
No, that's chip and pin. Chip alone is kinda dumb tbqh

>it takes many tries and takes a longer time for the transaction to be finished.

Blame your fucking broken financial infrastructure.

right, added layer is fine, but you still need physical access, and the way the chip communicates with the reader makes it harder for the information to be skimmed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with American financial infrastructure, we have the freest one in the world.

>takes many tries
I've literally never heard of such a thing. Here in South Africa, transactions are always near instantaneous and work first time.

Kill yourself fag lord.

>Credit Card company shill detected
That doesn't even make any sense. Credit cards use the EMV chip as well.

>check out at dept store.
>chip card doesn't work.
>check out girl takes card, breathes on chip, wipes it on boobie.
>puts card back in reader.
>it works.
Is there anything boobies can't do?

they've been slow to adopt it, when it's been pretty widespread in other countries, instead opting to use RFID with its "security through obscurity" bullshit. But now people realize someone can literally never touch you and steal your credit card info if your card has RFID on it, so they're having to finally adopt the more secure technology.

Is this the most retarded thread of the week?

>america still don't have chip credit cards
>meanwhile rest of world now start having NFC-like cards
>murrikans complain about the chip

>mfw i have EMV card but contactless payment is disabled by the issuer

what's that thing on the left?

it has security vulnerabilities that I don't need faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque

And the magnetic strip has none, right?

do they still have those here in the states? I've never seen one

less actually

I feel this way too before the tap arrives. Now I only shop at stores that have tap and those who don't are usually small businesses not worth patronizing. Applepay ftw to prevent rfid swipe :^)

You don't get your personal info compromised if there's a credit card skimmer. Your personal info is also protected (read: encrypted) if there's a data breach at a company you've swiped for.

kys several times

OP is Australian, 99% sure.

>card has chip
>still has stripe
>stripe-based attacks still work

You bet your ass this is the greatest country in the world. It's 4th of July in 2 days and Sup Forums will be reminded how great the land of the free is.

You seem quite sure of yourself in the face of no evidence.

>card has chip and strip
>use chip exclusively
>never worry about your magnetic strip data being copied because you never use it.

It's like having a vagina and butthole. If you're scared of anal prolapsing, you just use your vagina exclusively and never have to worry about anal prolapse.

Bullshit. It add a pointless complexity.

You shop at target huh? How is being a bathroom pervert working for ya?

Americans would rather pay hidden fees to cover the bank's fraud insurance than be "inconvenienced" by entering a PIN

let me guess you also hate javascript wasting tens of cpu cycles annually on your phone

>It's like having a vagina and butthole
this. While most readers prefer magnetic older readers may want the stripe every once in a while.

Just fucking cut it off nigger