Editors

Which are the more useful ones? For recent ones, I like pic related, but the startup is too fucking slow. Vim and Emacs are memes, but they're good memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(text_editor)#Privacy_issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>vim is a meme
kys pal

>kys
Kill yourself.
Also, memes doesn't mean it's bad.

fuck off pal

no u

>>kys
>Kill yourself.
kys

>kys
Kill yourself.

vim and plugins for life.

Using spacemacs. I think it's good. Also
> vim and emacs are memes
You should learn one of them

>but they're good memes.
user pls. I love vim.

I love emacs + evil mode. You get the power of emacs plus the configuration of vim. It's a win win situation.

>not running vim inside emacs

The main problem with Vim is that most plugins are quite shit and slow. Autocompletion is never fast, and even breaks sometimes. And with a lot of plugins even Vim startup is slow as fuck.

Vim has great shortcuts and modal input though, basically always use it for configuration files, but for actual programming no. I really like Atom, basically because it is easy to setup and easy to install plugins.
With Vim you always have problems that certain plugins don't really work together or requires you to rebuild Vim for a specific version or language handles. And maintain again another configuration file.

Vim wasn't designed for plugin use.

Visual Studio and Atom

inb4
>muh 6 gb

>load a 200MB text file in Atom
>crashes within a few seconds and/or becomes unresponive
>load 200MB text file in Vim
>loads instantly and searching is instant aswell

Atom is like NotePad or WordPad in Windows, slow as fuck and made by a faggot botnet company

Sublime is nice.

> vim & emacs are memes.. bbut good memes!

OP faggotry confirmed
OP shitpost verified

> Using proprietary text editor
Why?

I personally prefer Atom over Sublime, even if it is bloated. The proprietary code and nagware of Sublime are just too fucking cancerous.
I use vim though, it's the best.
Obviously Notepad++ is the best for Wangblows

>not running emacs inside neovim inside ssh inside nano inside vi inside emacs inside sublime text
How do you even get any work done?

Notepad++ has a shit plugin system, so I would recommand something else.
Besides:
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(text_editor)#Privacy_issues
Don't use Botnet shit

>metrics package: Reports usage information to Google Analytics. By default, Atom reports usage information to Google Analytics, including a unique UUID v4 random identifier.[21]
you can not make this shit up
some people WILL defend this lmao

A thing that I like from Atom is how it recognizes my written functions. Other than that, it's pretty shit. I like its theme though.

you mean the default theme?

because you can change that.

i want to like atom, but i really dislike electron applications.

notepad.exe

>Vim and Emacs are memes
Run it in GUI mode, and it's all clickable.
Cross platform, and moar plugins than anything else.
You really can't go wrong having a text editor that work on practically everything.