Verizon "happening"

Verizon shill here

Cannot give specifics but shit is going down next week. Tremendous change that will effect every single customer and drive huge incentive to switch.

Hold onto your butts.

Also general questions thread. I'll answer as honestly as I can without giving up my identity.

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/landingpages/switch-and-save/
youtu.be/37WiwroPMjU?t=2m40s
arstechnica.com/business/2016/06/verizon-wireless-might-offer-rollover-data-and-slow-speed-unlimited-data/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Verizon offering up to $300 for your old smartphone

This it?

But I don't wanna.

How big of news could you be sitting on as a retail employee? No offense but the fingers are generally the last to know, unless Verizon is magically giving up CDMA not much can change that wouldn't be retarded

verizonwireless.com/landingpages/switch-and-save/ ?

How is this "change" going to affect users already in a contract?

Nigga no. That is right now. We have offered that several times over the past few years. Right now we even have a $650 buyout program for getting you out of contract/device payment as well as a free 50'' Samsung TV if you get two S7's.

Let's not turn this random thread into a murder.

Is this a good happening, or a bad happening?

Are verizon customers getting fucked?

This include fios? I just switched from Comcast.

What are the non-specifics of the shit going down next week? In other words, tl;dr?

Not much if you are pretty static in your usage and happy with your current device. At the end of the contract you are going to see the light.

Are they going to have a hot girl in their commercials like they do in art, Toyota, and progressive?

>progressive girl
>hot

Ehhh...

It will make some people very happy. Others furious. The rest will be confused. Overall I expect mass influx of customers coming in for us to explain shit and getting false trouble shooting because of a new "feature".

It is next week.

It will radically change how we handle upgrades, plan changes, and general network performance.

It will make some people happy because they are fools who like buzz words. It will make some people annoyed as fuck because we changed our stance on a very solid issue.

It will on the outside make us more appealing but in reality be a fustercuck if past changes are any indication.

If they can't offer a plan to match or best T-Mobile's $30/month plan then I don't give a fuck.

What kind of change? Tech wise, change to contract offerings/pricing scheme? I'm on Verizon right now with a family plan. While I hate the company, I get pretty good service.

Unlimited 4G data at a fixed monthly rate?

Sounds like GSM incoming

>fustercuck

yeah, fuck off you child

just tell us what it is damnit

>tech wise
Nothing really. A few new "features" that is inherently doomed to fail. Anyone smart enough to use it correctly won't need it or want it. Everyone else won't use it at all or come in complaining their shit is broke.

Let's just say the solutions I will be offering this week will not be the solutions I am offering next week. In almost every encounter that changes the account.

She got tits tho. And see her without that clown makeup.

>GSM

Holy shit in an already dumb thread you take the cake for being the dumbest.

>just tell us what it is damnit
youtu.be/37WiwroPMjU?t=2m40s

Negative. If I leak something specific that was only released in my area I expose myself.

Why should I switch from t-mobile master race?

You are as fucking retarded as the E3 leakers and every other fucking dumb nerd who pulls shit out their ass for epic threads like this.

Stay in school.

It covers little over half the country and is bleeding to death?

Look not every single individual person is going to benefit by going to Verizon over their current carrier. I don't deal with specifics or random tangents. If you got the coverage and speeds you're happy will then roll around and be as happy as a pig in shit. I deal with people every day that have been to other carriers and know the frustration of being on an inferior network.

I am not going to waste time trying to convert you. I have 3 other people waiting in line eager to buy.

this.

works great in my area.

unlimited YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, pandora and gifts every Tuesday and decent fast internet with rollover data every month. don't see myself switching anytime soon unless they remove all that.

>tfw no american

>'unlimited'
>480p

>needing above 480p on your phone

My family literally just switched to Verizon last week. Are we going to regret not waiting two weeks to switch because of this?

you realize like 90+% of phones are 1080p now?

Anything beats T-Mobile because their coverage is so shitty

Has nothing to do with needing it. If you're away from WiFi there is no reason you need any more than 480.
Coverage is great for me here in Philly.

Voice over LTE. No more unlimited calling. Everything runs over data, and you have to pay more for it?

Will you rascals stop with the DMCA letters up my but?

I love the something I have to say but I don't really want to say it threads.

Bless. Someone has to.

Nah. New customers will hardly notice since they have not had 6+ months of the same bill and service.

Hell no.

T mobile shill here. I can't give you the details, but we have a killer deal with Chuck E Cheeses lined up. It'll change the industry forever.

This

Is this just a joke?
Because I would honestly love if they gave like 1000 free tokens as a free Tuesday gift.

Doesent even have good service in fucking los angeles of all places. My gf loses service at her school and specific parking lots. Trash mobile

I didn't say 1000 tokens, I meant 10.00 dollars worth of tokens.

Works great here in Philly

>2016
>CDMAids phone

pls no

You won't get any free tokens, but your tickets will be worth slightly more at the redemption counter.

on Tuesdays only*

You mean this?
arstechnica.com/business/2016/06/verizon-wireless-might-offer-rollover-data-and-slow-speed-unlimited-data/

Basically Verizon realized that they were in no way price competitive and decided to make changes to their data plans so people feel less like they're getting ripped off?

Unless this gets AT&T to offer unlimited data, it's not getting me to leave T-Mobile and my actually unlimited data (not talking about their 0 rating video services. I mean actually unlimited)

Using 10+ GB a month is normal for me.

Fucking retard. Moving from a CDMA/LTE infra to GSM is (A) next to impossible (B) going to a DIFFERENT outdated technology.

^- What this guy said.

I can get AT&T or Verizon.

Totally new subscriber. No phone to carry over.

What choose?

Verizon has better coverage but more expensive, while att has cheaper plans but holy fuck their tower locations are ass anywhere outside of a big city

Fair enough. I didn't know if there was anything else to say about them. I planned on getting an S7. Haven't been in the country/purchased a phone in ages, just heard they don't subsidize phones anymore.

I recommend switching to nigger talk, its cheap niggers use it must be nigger friendly

Why are you being so vague?

What do you really imagine will happen to you if you tell us what you actually know?

Are you worried none of us will think you're cool anymore if you're not mysterious?

Are you just trying to drag the thread out as long as you can because this is the most human contact you've had in a month?

Why don't you just tell us what's going to happen?

verizon. Best coverage, and you actually get full speed when you use more data on your plan. When you go over on ATT, you get 3g or slower data speed no matter what.

What sort of penalties do you incur with going over with Verizon?

>inb4 just google it

I love sarcastic posts.

>AT&T
>Verizon
T-Mobile nigger

This actually could happen because of Thank you Tuesdays.

FiOS is its own thing, considering the wireless picture used OP works for Verizon wireless and simply assumes that what everyone means when they say "verizon".

I am also a FiOS customer, you have nothing to worry about, the only things to look forward to are 10G-PON upgrades over the next few years (my area is slated for 2017) which will give me a free upgrade to 300/300mbps from my current 150/150mbps.

>tfw on AT&T
>unlimited data
What the fuck are you on about

>When you go over on ATT, you get 3g or slower data speed no matter what
Nah they just charge you more. I have 15GB LTE data with AT&T, didn't have internet for a few days so I said fuck it and teathered my phone to use the LTE. Used up ~32GB and they charged like $115 in overage charges. It was all LTE speeds though.

Also because it was my first time ever going over my data limit they wiped all the overage charges from my bill without me even asking.

>Shill thread where OP doesnt say shit
>People are STILL REPLYING

Daily reminder that you are the cancer that is killing Sup Forums

Thanks for bumping the thread so more people could look and reply to it. You did your job today.

I'm on ATT, unlimited data with soft cap of 32gb.
You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Chill. Ice to see you. Cool party.

Just because you have unlimited data carried over from an old plan doesnt mean you can just walk into any AT&T store and demand unlimited data.

I have 15GB shared data with my other lines and rollover data, pretty sure i had 3-5GB of rollover data that didn't get charged for when I went over, but everything after that was charged at like $10 or $15 per GB. And at full LTE speeds. Don't try and act like you know what the fuck my plan is.

Jesus you're a retard.

I went from DSL to FIOS and the speeds are great but if I max out my line for like 10 hours straight I have to reset the ONT, it always happens at hours I don't feel like calling them too.

>LTE LTE LTE

just call it 4G.

That's weird, I max out my connection all the time (private torrent trackers).

Never have any issues at my current house or my old house with the same service.

Here is a screen shot, $105 in overages that they removed but were from going over my 15GB limit.

I think it has to do with the fact they gave me the desktop ONT model but I can't be sure. They still drilled holes into the wall and put this tiny desktop router in a giant plastic shell instead of just letting me keep it on my desk.

If it ever happens during the daytime I'm gonna figure out what's up. Besides that it's fantastic, even with that issue it's infinitely more stable than their DSL was in my area, the service used to drop when it rained, I don't even understand how that happens.

That's weird, we have an ONT mounted by the AC unit outback, hole drilled into the wall in the basement where the router is. Then the house is wired for Coaxial so we have a range extender upstairs hooked up to coax, that provides wifi coverage for the upstairs of the house and gives 2 ethernet ports which I use one of them to connect to my 1gbps switch on my desk, which I then connect to my desktop.

I get 5ms ping and 150mbps, really cant complain.

hard to argue with a screenshot mate. Looks like you got btfo

You can't call it 4G in the U.S. because T-Mobile advertized 4G for their "super fast" HSPA+ network. So now every mobile operator has to differentiate between LTE 4G and 4G.

KEK

That said, here in Australia carriers often purposely misstated quantities of data.
Happened to me.

>With Optus at the time.
>Get message I've used all of my data.
>Call up and ask to buy more.
>"Jane" from India was glad to sell me an extra GB for $10.
>Monitor my usage until the end of my data period.
>All is good.
>Check my bill when it arrives.
>$290 for extra data usage.
>Thoroughly confused.
>Call up Optus and immediately get onto "Linda" from India.
>She tells me that they credited my account with the value for data at my plan rate for a GB.
>However, a GB at my plan rate was $X and when you finish with your packaged data your cost of data increases exponentially.
>Struggling to understand this plain faced bullshit, I was only able to decipher it after 20 minutes of conversing with "Linda".
>Eventually pull the "I want to speak to your supervisor" bullshit, even though I hate it.
>Phone call ends up being about 3 hours long before I get through enough people to negate these charges.
>Only get my charges negated by threatening to call the Ombudsman.

Tl;dr: Optus offered 1GB for $10, I paid $10, it turned out that Optus considered the definition of a Gigabyte to be up to interpretation and gave me 128MB.

Your position? General idea, (highup, regular store employee, what?)
Also give some advice on how to prepare for whats happening

I don't use Verizon. Will this effect me?

Also, what is the affect of your Mom on my cock? She's sitting on it now.

I've been putting off renewing my verizon contract and I want to get the HTC 10 for $200. Should I do it this weekend? Are contracts going away?

my tmobile coverage is really good, aside from pockets of rural areas I drive to get to the highway, then when I hit the highway the LTE is back. You must live in some shit can of a place if your coverage sucks.

Give specifics or fuck off you shill.

>Give specifics or fuck off you shill.
hype doesn't work like that

What is there to get hyped about?

>10GB

If this is something that is going to change data handling and service for existing grandfathered unlimited plans which have been upgraded to 4G I will flip my lid and burn down their local offices.

I'm on jigglefi, unless something crazy happens it won't be worth switching. I generally only pay about 20-25 a month with this plan but can use way more data if needed.

Are you going to enable the 'unlock OEM bootloader' option for my HTC 10, you fucking cocksucker?

>If you're away from WiFi
There are people who don't have capped plans you know.

I need to switch off my grandfathered unlimited plan. Ugh, at this point I don't even need it anymore, but I have it on a pure emotional basis

Are you actually going to get good phones, get rid of CDMA, lower your outrageous premiums, have any international coverage whatsoever, and have competent customer support?

Are you finally ditching deprecated CDMA and joining the rest of the world,INCLUDING Whogivesashitsville, Africa?

If you're grandfathered, yes, you could have unlimited data. I am not grandfathered in.

>muh coverage
fuck off, my phone bill is $10/month

How fucking retarded can you be to think that switching from cdma to something else is feasible? What the fuck is wrong with your brain?

Sorry, too lazy to read thread. Fiber Optics please.

But what if you like to hunt and camp?

Get on mylevel, I have free service on the Sprint network.

>3000 minutes
>3000 SMS
>1.5GB 4G LTE

For
Fucking
Free

Why are you being so vague?

What do you really imagine will happen to you if you tell us what you actually know?

Are you worried none of us will think you're cool anymore if you're not mysterious?

Are you just trying to drag the thread out as long as you can because this is the most human contact you've had in a month?

Why don't you just tell us what's going to happen?

kys?