Sup Forumsuts, /guts/

guts thread

half the thread is stupid and didn't wait for aftermarket cards edition

:^)

Is it a banana

well it looks good, but why reference? Yeah it looks good, but its green and Zotac make orange and yellow GPUs

no is bumble bee *

>well it looks good, but why reference?
I liked the aesthetics. The reference 900 series was probably the most well-built.

Plus reference boards don't sag, yo.

R8 & H8

looks good, what are you using to prop up the gpu?

Just some random plastic stick I found in my garage

can you please stop posting your trash tier guts? How fucking starved for attention are you? Kill yourself.

>can you please stop posting your trash tier guts
no
> How fucking starved for attention are you
extremely
>Kill yourself
Will do

Acrylic paint on case? how about motherboards and gpu?

1080 within the next two weeks.

probably going with the evga ftw edition.

god i'm so tired.

4690k @ 4.8ghz with corsair h55 clc cooler.
16gb hyperx fury ddr3 1066.
msi z97s sli krait.
xfx r9 290
256gb kingston ssd
2tb wd hdd
nzxt s340

Looking at this pic makes me think that maybe I should add some pastel to my loop.
I've already got aurora in it though, but it doesn't show very well unless it has light on it.

What do you guys think? Pastel white (and then dye it whatever colour) or get some LED's and see how much of a difference it makes?

Missed out the bloody picture for reference. Derp.

ayyy bb we have the same mainboard.

>how about motherboards and gpu?
No never. Don't do it, don't consider it.

It's actually very yellow. It's just the shitty camera on my Lumia that makes the colors washed out.

Here's what it looks like under a proper camera before I fucked up and bought into the AIO meme.

Silverstone SG13 ITX build. No PSU in pic because you can't see shit with it in.
This build has been absolute hell, had a lot of problems with CPU temps. Oh well, at least it's small.
>i5 3450
>ASrock H61MV
>8GB RAM
>GTX 970

with pastel, and really any colouring, it always clogs the loop. If you want colour get coloured tubes

black&yellow bros
but i have 2 yellow and 2 black dram slots, yours seem to be all black?

srry

750ti has been ordered
since i think that was my bottleneck

They're crammed in there so it's hard to tell from a frontal, but they're actually the same shade of gold as the mainboard's heatsinks.

I have four sticks of Ballistix Tactical LP in there.

>idling at 71°C

We /1151 socket/ next week ayy

what did ya pick for upgrades?

nice
i still think you should stick with that dank granite case though

Nah, it doesnt have sidepanel and im having some problems with start/restart buttons because wires got pulled out a bit. Ill give it to my sister so nothing goes to waste.

Are you retarded?

That's obviously not idle

what country are you in/what currency, cause those prices look wierd. I can't figure out what is too cheap and what is too expensive

I'd rather have clear tubes and properly maintain the loop like you ought to bloody do so than be a lazy shit who doesn't drain it for a year and doesn't ever clean it just because coloured tubes.

Of course, coloured tubes doesn't force people to be lazy, but it often allows people to slack off and not carry out proper maintenance.

Serbia/Republic Serbia Dinar (RSD on google currency converter)

I just realised its 30k RSD not 30 for the i5, normal ish prices then. Fucking hell that currency not worth much though

Yeah, its almost worth like Japanese Yen.

works out about the same price as it would here though, about 370 Pounds ish

Good to know, i thought we might have blown up prices. I guess its just for graphics cards then.

My memefans are coming in today

Should've gotten the industrial ones, they look nicer.

Isn't it better to have the GPU on the first pciex slot or it makes no difference?

read your motherboards manual, it will specify what bandwidth is given for each slot depending what is installed where.

The new build should be done-ish, soon.

Yeah you see I was asking because I also have the same motherboard and I will be building my pc soon and as I read the manual there was a mention that for optimal performance one should install the GPU in the frist slot as it runs at x16 speed and as for the second that it runs at x8 speed, and shares bandwith with the first slot so if they're both populated the both run at 8x speed.

Is that the air 540? What's that case like? I was thinking of picking one up next week.

For all intents and purposes there is no appreciable difference between x8 and x16 for even a Titan X or GTX 1080.

r8/ h8

Thanks for clearing that up.

Been waiting almost 2 weeks for my 1080 to arrive so I can finally retire my good ol 770. I'll try using it as dedicated PhysX card first just for funsies.

>Brown fans
>Yellow board
>rainbow cables
>blue ram
>Red GPU
>White trim on the case
apart from that its good

Apart from everything it's good*

Though looking at the PSU he'll have to either sleeve the rainbow connector himself or get a new one

You should take the shrouds off your cards and try to get them anodized the same gold as your mobo heatsinks.

I like this build a lot.

Was going to step up these cards to 1080s but I have already overclocked these to perform the same as stock foundry editions so I decided against it. Waiting for a good single 4k card so I don't have to fuck around with SLI.

I'm fucking stupid I didn't even attach the picture.

Do the 3.5 drive cages rattle in that case?

Rattle how? They Are under Spring tension, and my computer doesnt exactly Move around my room or something..

why does it only show 1 gpu on speccy?

I was thinking of getting this case and doing research and a few people said it on the corsair forums and in reviews so I was wondering how they rattle too.

I love the side mounted ssd brackets but I still have a few mechanical drives. What temp do the hard drives get to? Anyway nice build user.

Took the speccy months before I got the second card, since I already had the image in a PNG format I decided it would be a waste to make another with the added second card so I just didn't do it.

oh ok makes sense

Gluing some black paper over the label on a m.2 ssd shouldn't cause any problem right? It stands out like a sore thumb otherwise.

mustard gas

My Sup Forumshetto Sup Forumsuts. New parts comming next week
>Dual Xeon x5650
>24GB RAM DDR3 1333Mhc ECC
>Some Supermicro dual socket 1366 board

>I actually care what my guts look like
Look at this autist.

not hot at all, case has great airflow and great cable management. it's a BIG case tho. i put it full of 14cm fans running at 800rpm or something, very quiet except my 2 stupidly loud 680's that are going to be replaced by a zotac amp extreme 1080 when it finally arrives

peel it off?

Shit pic, here better one

just put some black heatsinks on it, 2 birds with one stone

Awesome, definitely leaning towards that case then. Thanks user.

Got a question for you ricers:

Do they make LEDs that run on a very fast strobe, so that they make the fan blades look stationary in the lighting? Think of how a fan looks when the only lighting in the room is a CRT TV.

case?

not him but its a corsair 400q or a 400c

what did you replace the A15 noctua fans with?

first post best post

>Implying
sure, his is one of the top, but the best?

space for airflow has alot to say about temprature, I had my rig in a m-atx case before moving to current and it's temp on idle went down 5~10°C and 10+°C under load

>inb4 comments about drivebay
Im using more drives today, havent bothered to take new pic
>inb4 850W is too much
Used to run SLI before, wont buy a new one just because I dont use sli anymore

What?

you said first post best post
it's not, it's on par with the higher level shit of the thread

Flipped the PSU around because PC is now on the floor. Currently waiting on EVGA to launch their gtx 1080 Classified. I wannt it. Their FTW model is reportedly boosting to 2,010mhz out of the box. I'm hoping to get 2.2ghz on the classified model.

Move that GPU up to the top slot it just looks weird down there.

I would think it should be fine even on the floor since your case has feet and most cases have dust filters on the bottom.

Comp died before I could post. rest in piece craterig

Yea I figured better safe than sorry. Last thing I want is to accidentally kill my PSU because it was smothered by carpet. Plus it gave me an excuse to redo all my cabling behind the motherboard.

No I didn't, I never said that. Literally only one of the people you tagged said that.

I regret getting this case(rosewill srm-01), thinking about putting it up on CL and getting a proper one.

Still waiting on a gtx 1070 gaming x.

Get the NZXT source 210 if you don't care about USB 3.0 on the front of the case. Otherwise the Corsair 200R is also good for the money. Both cases are under $50 usually. And they have actual HDD cages rather than that vertical mounted shit.,

Thanks for the suggestions but I think I already have my mind set on the thermaltake core v1 snow edition

>thermaltake core v1 snow editio
misread the supported mb, it's a mini itx case.

My first build in a long time (pre hyper threading just need a better graphics card but I'm happy for now

Convince me not to revert back to air cooling.

quad or hex core xeons?

>2016
>HDDs

Quad.

>home server is also running two quad core Xeons

GTX 780TI
FX9590
3 Intel SSDs

I use it to watch youtube