seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a planet..

a dwarf planet, that is

dwarf people aren't humans mate.

I want to make password generator in python
I want to host it online
I want it to cost me nothing

Where can I host it? I assume i would need VPS of some sort not just simple html host?

Is there a way to limit the CPU usage on Mac OS X?

I'm working on a relatively large C++ codebase atm and compiling ramps up the fan and it's very annoying and people start turning heads etc. when I work in the library.

I don't mind if it takes 10 seconds longer as long as it doesn't start a fucking helicopter every time I compile and at least 3 minutes after it finishes.

might know more about this

Is there an application similar to MxTube currently out there where I can download videos then view them offline later in time?

What platform?

jdownlader
for firefox - video download helper

How do I take a epub file and make it into a rar file?

I tried simply changing the extensions, but I fucked it up. Like corrupted and unreadable fucked up

by using a tool that can compress to rar.
like winrar

Fuck dude that's dumb.

rename it back, it will work again
download rar or 7zip
install them
right click on the file you want to pack
pack it

If I reflash BIOS and reinstall Windows 10 deleting all partitions in the process and only use the computer as a limited user and keep the administrator account locked and logged out all the time, will this prevent hacker from secretly installing bootkits on my PC altogether?

Nothing can stop stupidity

7zip looks like it did the trick

Thanks for the help fellas

Assuming I don't install or run suspicious programs or exes.

Will it prevent the hacker from secretly installing bootkits?

What are some good ways to plan a room in 3d?
I mean, I know there's Blender and 3ds Max and shit, but I just want something simple for interior design with model import

It looks like my printhead on my canon printer is completely dead, it's only been printing out white pages all of a sudden for some time now.

Note that i already tried cleaning it thoroughly in water and all that shit but it does nothing, still printing white pages as before no matter what i do and no matter how often i do a maintenance print run within the settings.

Wat do? Fucking replacement printheads are so expensive i might aswell buy a new printer altogether from that money

google sketchup

Also i'm only printing with black while all the other ones are empty, could this possibly have something to do with it? It constantly tells me to refill the non-black ones but i never do

Godamnit. Your like the 5 person in a row to ask about flashing bios to remove malware. Is there some troll in a geeksqad uniform running around telling newbs that evil ghosts live in their boot menus?

Guess you couldn't answer my question after all.
If you are incompetent and don't know shit, shut the fuck up and don't spout stale memes like "common sense 2016" You can stop your stupidity because it is such a sight. Fuck off.

Just did another maintenance print and it does print some very faint lines and stuff on it but it's not clearly visible

Like what the fuck is this shit even i don't understand, is there clogged up ink within the printhead still or what

Just answer the question instead of being mad.

thanks pal

There is a reason Sup Forums is a bunch of unemployed losers.

>i frequent micronesian wood etching scholarly circles to feel better about myself

What did he mean by this?

?

So I took the glasnost test and my ISP is blocking p2p connections

I'm not entirely sure what to do. I'm running Qbitorrent 2.4 and it's pretty heavily encrypted as is already.

I'm not mad, I'm amused. Although that attitude of yours isn't going to make you very many friends. You're asking for help, remember? Anyway bios malware is an emerging threat and not well understood. It doesn't happen very often and if you are having malware persist through reinstalls it's 99% likely to be coming from something else. And if it was in your bios or firmware, in all likelihood flashing wouldn't help. This is the highest kind of "administrative" control your computer possesses. It makes all the rules. If you want to try scanning it anyway you can read this:

blog.virustotal.com/2016/01/putting-spotlight-on-firmware-malware_27.html

As for the real threats, there are a lot of ways to get infected, those measures are just the beginning. Pirated software is a huge risk, some webpages can infect you without any signs. If you do dangerous things, then virtually no amount of security is enough. Basically, you want to run an antivirus (with a browser plugin) and then pretend that you aren't. Use chrome and adblock, and set a malware filtering dns like norton. Be very careful of what programs you install, and only download them from trusted sources. Don't connect to free wifi unless you know it's a safe network. And make sure your browser, OS and AV are up to date

What's a better solution for long term storage, flash drive or SD card?

I just need something with small capacity (16-32GB) to store all my college shit.

a usb flash drive is probably the most convenient

I personally prefer flash drives

Doesn't matter. If you have sd card readers everywhere knock yourself out. Flash drives just plug into more things. Also it's like $20 for a 128gb now, so why skimp?

That was a dumb question that should not have gotten 3 replies in as many minutes.

Getting this error message when trying to download updates in autopatcher on win7 x86

>This array is fixed or temporarily locked
>In prjupdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 380

What do?

Does my mouse pointer look kinda crooked to you? I tried drawing one myself since I couldn't find one I liked.

Does anyone know where to find some good mouse pointer. Preferable like the one I drew. Google brings up 99% cancer shit.

in a college environment it's probably better to get the smallest you need
getting a huge expensive one will make it a bigger target for theft (and a bigger loss if it is stolen)

-- that said, when i was in college i had a pretty expensive 64MB one ($80 at the time)
it wasn't as widespread then, though, so some people probably didn't even know what it was

Prefacing this question by letting you know I know absolutely nothing about programming.

Is the reason for making more advanced programming languages just making the language more human readable and intuitive?
Are there any other benefits aside from this? For example, would it be more/less space efficient if our computers were all programmed with straight binary?

I already finished college, like I said is for long term storage, I just want to keep a backup of this.

Nevermind got it to work with WUD now

Ah fuck i just read it also just downloads the updates as cab files rather than installing them automatically after another

How do i actually incoorporate them into win7 via nLite, can any1 gimme a quick rundown on this? Like is it bothersome to do etc

how much data?
if it's not too much, just put it on dvd-r (with extra ECC added using dvdisaster)

Around 16GB.

I don't know which pc to buy, there's a $200 difference between them, according to the prices of where i live. I don't know if the more expensive one is much better?

PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce GTX 1070 Phoenix, 8GB
Intel Core i5-4460 Soc 1150
MSI B85-G41 PC Mate, S.1150, iB85
Corsair 1X8GB DDR3 1600 Low Pr
XFX 500W XT Series 80 Bronze
HDD Toshiba 1TB,7200rpm, 32MB
Sharkoon T3-W Midi-Tower ATX (no power supply)

MSI R9 390 8GB Gaming
Intel Core i5-4460
ASROCK B85 Anniversary
Corsair VS 8GB DDR3 Memory
FSP/Fortron Hyper 700
Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7.2k SATA Gb/s 32MB
Zalman Z3 Plus (no power supply)

Every time I try turn on/off showing hidden files via shortcut in start menu or control panel I get the following error:

C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
This interface is not supported.

Running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. And it works if I run it directly from folder options in control panel. Google yields no answers this time.

one has a amd 390 and the other one a nvidia 1070
anandtech.com/bench/product/1747?vs=1731

are those prebuilts?
where's the SSD user? you don't buy a computer without.
no matter which you take, you'll pay much more than you should.

1070 over 390 for sure

what do you call this input, i'm trying to buy a cable for this but don't know what is it called (the top two one)

There's absolutely no reason to spend another $200 for a fucking 1070 over a 390.

composite video

Which one is more expensive?

Top ones are called RCA cables. You can find them under the names of RCA, composite, or component.

they're not prebuilt, a ssd would make me spend at least a $100 and I can live without it. I'm aware that I'll be overpaying but those are the prices where I live and they won't change much, also if I buy overseas i will spend a lot on shipping and customs, so that's not an option here.

wait isn't component the one with like 6 colors?

the 1070 one

A component cable is just 3 RCA cables

Yeah, but its literally the same cable.

Composite is 1 Yellow for video, red and white for sterio audio. Component is a red a green and a blue for video and its used along with the same red and white. Which means 2 easily confused red cables. But in practice they're all pretty much interchangeable, like audio cables.

sup /sqt/

I have a home server I want to be able to access from the internet for admin and file access. Best as I can figure, I need to;

> Find sauce on a dyndns-style service to point a domain name to my dynamic public IP
> Open and forward ports on my router to my servers IP, based on services I want (22 for SSH, 21 for FTP, 3389 for RDP)
> Open same ports on the firewall of the server.

Is this correct? Is there any security gotchas I should know about? I am babby in the woods with this type of networking and I'd rather not have my box raped because I missed something.

I'm creating a simple macro in AutoHotKey. For some reason, when I compile my code and try to run it, Win10 (fuck you by the way) thinks it contains a virus. None of my other macros encounter this problem. Can someone please explain what in the following code, might trigger a "Severe" warning from Windows Defender:

For those who haven't used AHK, it's simple. ~:: indicates a block of code that will be executed when the ~ key is pressed and Return indicates the end of such a block. The Send command simulates keypresses.

`::
SetNumlockState, on
Send {Alt down}
Send {Numpad2}
Send {Numpad1}
Send {Numpad9}
Send {Alt up}
SetNumlockState, off
Return

~::
Send {[}
Send {R}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {A}
Send {C}
Send {T}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {]}
Return

^`::
Send {[}
Send {D}
Send {A}
Send {T}
Send {A}
Send {Space}
Send {E}
Send {X}
Send {P}
Send {U}
Send {N}
Send {G}
Send {E}
Send {D}
Send {]}
Return

for security reasons I wouldn't open all those ports, but rather create a vpn and connect to my network and then access my server as if I'm in my local network.
a good router should let you create a vpn.
if you can't do this then try to at least obscure the ssh port by not forwarding 22 but some other random port that only you know.

because autohotkey intercepts keystrokes.
has nothing to do with your script, but the runtime of autohotkey that gets added to your compiled script.
why not just use the script itself without compiling it?

Guys, I need help. I have a PC just now running windows, I have a HDD plugged into my PC with a sata-usb cable. Is there any way I can boot into the external drive and use it as a VM

I plan to distribute it to others who do not have AHK. The thing is, I suspected that it might be due to the keystrokes, however I tested my key logger (don't ask) and didn't receive any warning.

autohotkey is well known, so its signature is already in the database.
your custom written one is not.

Neat, thanks. Wasn't planning on opening them all but just used them as examples.

The next question was going to be, do I need to use the standard ports or can I "hide" services somewhat by defining my own ports. My idea was to open a port of my own choosing and do everything through that single port. I'll need to google around on how to do it but at least you've confirmed it's possible.

Why would you have a separate send command for every fucking letter?

Because I couldn't be bothered learning how to write efficiently for such a small project.

you can't have multiple services listening on the same port.
the easiest thing to obscure ports is just to forward it differently.
so in your router forward port 12345 to your servers local ip on port 22, then you don't need to change the configuration of your server.

Send hello world
it's not that hard

It refused to run when I tried that.

Cool man, thanks a bunch.

As a virtual machine? Probably not, but you might be able to boot to it directly from your BIOS's boot order. Be aware that if you ripped it from another PC, it will not work due to driver discrepancies.

I am unable to reach microsoft.com for some reason. Can someone explain what Maltude.C!cl is, beyond just "It's a Trojan"?

so 4 dvd-r's with a bit of space to spare for extra ECC

the microsoft page says nothing but "it's a trojan" and that you can remove it with windows defender

Is there a laptop that combines a thinkpad's usefulness and price with one that doesn't look like like an engine block and make me look like an autist?

Not that much of human-readable as human-writeable. Yes, you can achevie maximum level of optimisation on lowest level. But writing code and optimizing on it will take a lot of time. While using a good compiler from language of higher level you pretty much can acheive comparable level of optimisation while saving all that time. And in case programmer is not very skilled or just plain lazy good compiler will produce much better code than programmer will.

>Is there any way I can boot into the external drive and use it as a VM
I tried going for that once, it started to boot but then failed and went to recovery
me think its drivers issue and missing/different

I am assuming you have similar issue as I had
you got windows instalation on a notebook/pc
you want to make virtual machine out of that existing system

google shit like
>acronis to virtualmachine

good luck

Which app would allow me to watch paid TV for free on an android box?

deluge

not sure about android box
but I used kobi center with phoenix addon to watch game of thrones on sky atlantic
seems there was many other channels
it quit working around 7th episode but before that it was flawless

not sure if they got arm build for android, but would work on any linux/windows media box

seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/

/fa/ here, I just acquired my brother's old pc and it works decently, except
>I get a white screen when trying to log onto Skype
>whenever I try to open a file with Windows Media Player I get a "server execution failed" message

I've googled a bit and have found multiple possible solutions for this, however none of them worked.

What do?

I got this Dell R210 for free and was thinking of using it as a pfsense box. Problem is it is loud AF. So I want to run it without the tiny-high-RPM fans and replace the passive cooler with a standard active cooler. I suspected that the cooler mount holes were a little different and measured this: 85.7mm x 76.2mm
>LGA1156 CPU cooler mount holes are supposed to be 75x75mm

What CPU cooler will fit these holes (close enough) and manage the heat?

new old pc
reinstall system
use vlc or mpv for video playback
fresh skype installation

Anyone having trouble with Google's sites?

Youtube is hit or miss. Sometimes it hangs forever and sometimes it loads basically like normal.
Any sites that use the googleajax shit doesnt load
google images takes forever to respond

Just WTF is happening? Every other site that doesnt use google shit loads just fine.

Sup Forums uses VP8, not VP9.

I already reinstalled the system. Before, everything worked perfectly, the problems started afterwards.

Deleted and reinstalled Skype a few times, as well, but it doesn't change a thing. Also, I'm not sure whether this is important, but when trying to start the Windows 10 update I get the same white screen.

I'm trying to think on a situation that I would need more than a good 650w psu.

I'm thinking on buying a Corsair RM650x.

A overclocked i5 and overclocked 980ti would need more than 650?

Should I spend even more and get a 750w? I feel like it is overkill, even for "future proofing", on a mid tier computer.

leave the heatsink, you only looking for trouble
instead replace fan for something else, or something controlled with potentiometer... so you aer not exposed to 4000rpm rack fans

I run an overclocked i5 and overclocked 980ti on 650W bronze PSU, no problems.

what kind of PC, what notebook? did you install drivers?

Download windows 10 install disk and use that for update instead

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Choose option to not carry anything over

Do you think that 650w still a good choice or getting 750w would be wiser? From what I see intel and nvidia manage to make their products consume less watts every generation, it is amd that can't handle all the watts, right?

I run an overclocked and overvolted i7 4790k (1.28V / 4.7GHz) and an overclocked/overvolted R9 280X on a 600W Gold. You should be fine.

Pic related. I didn't install any drivers manually.
I don't think this PC would be able to handle Windows 10 though.

Yesterday my win 10 laptop randomly resrarted itself while I wasn't in the room and has been stuck in a restart loop ever since.
Any ideas how to fix that?

why the fuck so much difference in price if I want smaller notebook?