>Rhino 5.0
>garbage
>SAP2000
>garbage
>ETABS
>garbage
>look at 'top apps'
>all gaymes

You faggots critisize people for sticking with windows for games when clearly the games are working fine in Ioonix, while professional software doesn't'.

fuck you Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuEngineering
youtu.be/xBtlJBUbjV0.
youtube.com/watch?v=xBtlJBUbjV0
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OWVF4gGeE98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you me? I need all that software everyday.
There are no alternatives on Linux.

lincucks is for NEETs
and if they somehow have a job it's never tech related

Take your blog to twitter fucking low quality meme posting nigger

Auto desk are the biggest jew cunts when it comes to licenses, what did you expect. They have a monopoly and are in cahoots with Microsoft. You literally cannot practice certain professions without paying for their shit.

Linux is for servers

>autocad

bricscad works on linux and is 100% compatible with autocad and also cheaper

Sure you need all those applications :)

>Sup Forums spillage babby with hot opinions
How is your basement dwelling project going?

>all that software

No, but using them once every couple of days is enough to be irritating.

help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuEngineering

Linux doesn't have software and has never had software, this is common knowledge

You can sure remove your title bars and call it "ricing" though

Literally this, Linux is for hobbyists, Windows and osx are for professionals.

Well AutoCAD is free under student licence, aside from large commercial organizations.

Brics cad is literally more expensive.

Nah senpai.

Don't need a job either.

I'll just live at home with my mum and dad and claim benefits off the state.

I'm a black muslim, so that should be easy.

>bricscad doesnt have student licences

>lets learn a non-industry standard platform for no reason
>literally same price
>literally less functionality

kys

Bricscad is shit compared to Autocad if you actually tried both.

>this coming from open sores neckbeard with no job

I'm just sitting here quietly not being dumb, running all the software I want on linux with no issues. Making money and having physicals with sexy (wo)men

>lets learn a non-industry standard platform for no reason
I have used both of them at work and if you know how to use one you know how to use the other. Might be harder if I was retarded.

>literally same price
Yeah Autocad is only about 4 times more expensive so basically the same.

>literally less functionality
I don't know every single thing detail about the differences but for what I've seen it's valid alternative for Autocad.

BTW I don't give a shit if you or anyone uses Autocad or Bricscad, just saying that it is professional tool that works on linux.

Dualboot or use a VM for these special needs of yours. That way you can also separate your from your life, using Windows for your engineering shit and Linux for everything else.
Not everyone has to use your applications, so this is is a non-issue for most people.

I've tried. Would you like to point out some of the stuff what makes bricscad shit compared to autocad?

*your job from your life

youtu.be/xBtlJBUbjV0. Yes, Linux clearly isn't used by professionals.

>Audio
>music production
>DAWs
>linux

is that "404 not found" intentional?

This.

Seriously, what the fuck are you thinking?
Linux is for people in operations, for python/ruby/php/golang/java developers or frontend developers

Stop looking to switch to Linux, get a macbook or a random windows laptop and go on with your life.

I'm on mobile. That's why the link is shortened.

OP here.

I run a VM in seamless mode with these applications.

I was just calling out Sup Forums on their nonsense.

youtube.com/watch?v=xBtlJBUbjV0

It's 2016, hollywood bae

I'd agree with you if it were 2014, but shit changed. Even in the Windows world. There is 10 now and so far it's not that good.

You want to blame Linux because your professional software doesn't work? Why don't you try blaming your professional software?

He won't, because he just got #rekt.

Test

Yeah, how about how bricshit can fuck up lots of layouts, dimensions etc when an architect gives you their files?
How about when your files made on bricshit gets Fucked up when open them on Autocad?
If you think the things don't matter on the real world, then there is no point in engaging this discussion.

>engineer pleb starters pack
The majority of serious scientific, mathematical, statistical and data analysis software is developed primarily for Unix/Linux. Stay pleb plebgineer.

That's not how reality works. Using Linux is optional, using certain programs that allow you to do your job may not be optional.

>>look at 'top apps'>all gaymes

Explain yourselves, lincucks.

Meh, I rather use bitwig or even the shit called Ardour on linux than suffer with osx or windows.

That's exactly how reality works. Those programs that you find so precious do not want you to use Linux on purpose. You actually chose to make it this way.

Kek. Engineer pleb on suicide watch.

>get a job
>have to use certain software to produce work
>refuse to use said software
>get fired
>it's Autodesk's fault you're autistic on NEETbux

ok kid.

>look to switch to linux
>for no good reason cause i am already set on using my current software and environment
>so i'm gonna be a newfag
>and there's nothing you can do

these threads are the cancer that metastasized from Sup Forums

what are the janitors even here for

>certain programs that allow you to do your job may not be optional.

mfw all i need is ssh and music

You don't akshully have to delete windows to install gnu plus linux

>set on using current software

Well, ok, I'll switch to an alternative.

Seeing as I'm finding it difficult to find alternatives to ETABS, perhaps you can help. Friendo.

>mfw all i need is ssh and music

'unemployment' isn't a job.

>we love you, Stephanie

i miss this meme

i wasnt knocking your stack stick to what you know

stop posting like an idiot, i don't knock you for having sex with 12 year old chinese boys when really you should be on 17 year old malaysian trannies. stop knocking freetards for knowing about their freetarded software.

openssh 4lyfe

lols

ok to be fair we use browsers for monitoring

im a jr admin/ syslog troll i really don't need anything to do my job other than a computer that can connect to a network

cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD

bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OWVF4gGeE98

Loonix retards that don't actually do anything shitting on actual engineers
Enjoy your paper theorycrafting lol

Nice name calling lol, any non vague argument?

Let me know when you built something that's actually of any practical use faggot, oh wait you're just another neet with too much free time on their hands nvm.

I'ts a fact that if you need a program that's not available for a platform, that platform will not be viable for you. However your claim that linux is at fault for not having those programs available doesn't make any sense. The developers from those programs are the ones who own the source code and they're the responsible ones for making their program available on a certain platform.

>I was just calling out Sup Forums on their nonsense.
It does make you this upset that some people likes linux and can work with it?

see

see

op claims that there's not professional software on linux, he cherripicked windows-only software, but this thread proves that is not true. While there's some fields that are not viable on linux others are.

I'm glad engineer plebs are far from the pinnacle of human intelligence. If it was we would never have built anything more impressive than stonehenge because "paper theorycrafting" bullshit.

Fucking plebgineers think they are great because they boss around some trades men when they don't seen to realise that they are literally only one step above those grunts.

>engineers starters pack
>literally designed the buildings you visit and use on a daily basis

I like that you don't think multistorey concrete frame buildings are not 'serious'.

>lol check this 40 storey tower block guys
>lol great joke m8

retard.

How about you stop using any engineered products then senpai.

start by throwing your computer in the trash and then, kys.

>le paper theorycrafterman
Literally nothing you use is made or designed by any of them.

Dat butthurt

>/home/user/documents/list of people who were denied entry into an engineering degree.txt

>this faggot
>--end of file--

>"Linux is shit"
>500 replies

Architecture/Engineering is alpha, anything else is for neets tbH

>osx
>professional
Pick one

I pick OSX ;)

the main problem new linux users face is an obsession with using wine so they can use all their old shit

it's a different ecosystem, you use different software

Some of us do indeed have an obsession with employement.

It's unfortunate, but until my dick becomes chocolate flavoured and able to ejaculate money, I guess I'll have to live with it.

retard.

Unix based systems are well used within the drug discovery environment. In fact, some programs only work on Linux and Mac. It really depends on what your job is.

>Unix based systems are well used within the drug discovery environment.
Thanks.

Seahorse is the name given to 54 species of small marine fishes in the genus Hippocampus. "Hippocampus" comes from the Ancient Greek word hippos meaning "horse" and kampos meaning "sea monster".[2] The word "seahorse" is often written as two separate words (sea horse), or hyphenated (sea-horse).[3] Having a head and neck suggestive of a horse, seahorses also feature segmented bony armour, an upright posture and a curled prehensile tail.[4]

um, okay.

Hit a nerve, didn't I? No body wants your gaymen skilzz in workplace

Go wine to the editors, not Sup Forums.

Exactly my reaction to your irrelevant post :

>Wants to switch to linux
>sees needs are not met on linux
>offers no help to support others to fit his needs
>publicly whines about lack of support.
Seems to me like you have a case of being an attention whoring bitch

publicly wines*

>Yeah, how about how bricshit can fuck up lots of layouts, dimensions etc when an architect gives you their files?
>How about when your files made on bricshit gets Fucked up when open them on Autocad?

Haven't happened me a single time with using couple of latest versions. I'm fairly sure that it's their top priority to fix issues like this.

Kind of ridiculous to say that "Bricscad is just shit compared to autocad" if only thing you can come up with is autocad compatibility.

>If you think the things don't matter on the real world, then there is no point in engaging this discussion.
Yeah there really isn't much point since you're pulling stuff like this out of your ass.

You're not forced to use your work's computer at home you know (and at least ask for a Unix system, macOS)

1. I'm not forced to use a work computer at home, but I'd like to use the software.

2. Why would I ask for a non compatible OS at work?

>1.
I have no problem with that desu, but don't say you'd be fired then because it's not true.

>2.
Again I don't care what software you use, I don't wake up thinking I'll make people switch to Unix and preferably FOSS today. That was just a suggestion. I personaly hate Windows with passion, I hate the settings panel, I hate the UI, and I hate the cli, not talking about Microsoft's branded software like MS Paint and Wordpad, so I told you that with the same spirit that I post my ncmpcpp config from time to time when people ask me that after they've seen a screenshot.

Apple is capitalistic as fuck, for me the only thing that makes them useful is that they're a barrier to Google's Android and Chromebooks.

Being a Unix system, macOS is simply a better development environment, and it's reputed for music and video editing software.

>but don't say you'd be fired then because it's not true.

senpai, why would I ever be fired for not doing work when not at work?

Are you retarded?

>I personaly hate Windows with passion, I hate the settings panel, I hate the UI, and I hate the cli, not talking about Microsoft's branded software like MS Paint and Wordpad, so

>I told you that with the same spirit that I post my ncmpcpp config from time to time when people ask me that after they've seen a screenshot.
the fuq u talkin bout niqqa?

>kys
You need to kill yourself as well.