Sup Forums, repeatedly: OSX is the most usable OS...

>Sup Forums, repeatedly: OSX is the most usable OS. There are just countless small improvements that make it the most functional and best looking OS available.
>Buy a MacBook
>When I want to install an application I mount some dmg disk image and maybe drag some application into a folder or run an installer file and the dmg image is left on my desktop

What the fuck? Lol?

That's an expensive meme to fall for

This

>He actually fell for one of the stupidest memes around.
Embarrassing

Are you mentally retarded?

You mean how like winblows installers remain wherever you left them till you delete them?

1/10 for making me reply.

Doesn't happen on my Chromebook Pixel 2015 :^)

What's the problem exactly?

The downloaded file is in my downloads folder

Then the mount remains on the desktop

It's a mess

I expected something a little bit more one click and clean from the world's best OS

No, I know exactly what you mean OP, the entire OSX UI is shit, Windows isn't any better though.

So delete the file and watch the mount disappear you dense cunt.

So the problem is you don't like mountpoints showing up on your desktop because you have OCD or something? Let's file that under "personal problems". OS X has some glaring flaws but this is nitpicky nonsense.

How is it nitpicky? OSX is branded as the most no nonsense, best UI OS. How would a dmg mount sitting on a desktop not make the average normie shit their pants?

And clicking the mount and dragging the app as some background folder image says to do is just so fucking archaic

Double click and eject

Please for stop feeding of the trolls k thx.

Unmount/eject the disk image, retard.

If you don't want mounted images on your desktop, you can easily disable it in the Finder Preferences.

I'll bet you're a Windows user who expects every other OS to look and work exactly like Windows.

I know how to remove them. The point is it's a mess that they appear in the first place.

>How would a dmg mount sitting on a desktop not make the average normie shit their pants?
Because they have higher than 75 IQ? My 60-year-old parents could handle installing apps on OS X. Why can't you?

I've installed many

>Doubleclick on downloaded .dmg file to mount the image
>Drag and drop the actual application to the applications folder
So far so good until:
>Unmount the image ether by clicking on the "eject" looking logo or just leftclicking and "unmount" in Finder or just dragging the image on the desktop to the trash
>Too much of a microbabby to any of these 3 to get the disc image unmounted
This is why we should have it so that crossposters from Sup Forums should be directed to a version of Sup Forums made specifically for them.

Steps two and 3 shouldn't be necessary. Clicking your downloaded file should start and installer or directly ask you if you want to move the app

>Drag and drop the actual application to the applications folder
but why

>OSX STILL DOESN'T HAVE MATERIAL DESIGN

>DURRR IT AIN'T LIEK MEH WINDERZ

Not an argument

You want an explanation? Unlike Windows, most OS X apps are self-contained structured bundles that don't need to shit diarrhea all over the file system; you can put the bundle anywhere, move it around, and it'll still work fine.

Even better, if you just want to try out an app without actually installing it, just run it from the mounted disk image.

It's much more elegant than anything Windows has.

Pretty neat

>implying dragon drop program installations aren't better than

>next
>next
>next
>no, I do not want Google Chrome installed
>no, I do not want Adobe Reader installed
>next
>I do not want to view the readme
>install

That's up to the application developers. Some will let you download the .app package and you can just drag that into Applications directory. Others will do more complex things. The installers typically need to put things in directories outside of /Applications.

Who gives a flying fuck about normies?

That's the sort of retarded shit you'd expect from someone who'd buy a mac to run OS X instead of just hackintoshing their PC.

>running your OS on unsupported hardware
Hackintoshes are neat and all if you're just fucking around, but I'll take not worrying about updates breaking my system over a hackintosh any day.

>unsupported hardware
I'm supporting it. I don't need Apple for that.
>updates breaking my system
Clover EFI bootloader. Updates don't break shit.

Sure thing bud.

>I'm supporting it

Really? I suppose you have full, ongoing access to the internal OS X source repo, in which case you must be an Apple employee.

So tell me, can you get me a nice discount for my wife's new iPhone? ;^)

>expensive meme

dmg is a virtual cd you dumbass, not an installer. a game dvd doesn't auto eject and jump back into it's case when your done installing that game

you downloaded an ISO not an executable you autistic faggot

>wifes
>my
>using the smiley with a carat nose

>implying Darwin isn't open sourced

this