/spg/ - Smartphone General - Boring Sunday Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
>Huawei V8 Max visits TENAA: giant 6.6" QHD AMOLED display, 4,400mAh battery
gsmarena.com/huawei_v8_max_visits_tenaa_giant_66_qhd_amoled_display_4400mah_battery-news-19175.php

>Is the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 sporting a 6-inch screen?
phonearena.com/news/Is-the-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-sporting-a-6-inch-screen_id82833

>Rumored Render of The Oppo Find 9 Surfaces
gizmochina.com/2016/07/03/renders-oppo-find-9-surfaces/

>Evleaks publishes press renders of the Galaxy Note7, again confirming name
androidpolice.com/2016/07/01/evleaks-publishes-press-renders-of-the-galaxy-note7-again-confirming-name/

>ZTE Axon 7 vs. Galaxy S7 Edge Camera Comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=ni3pb7UwwJU&feature=youtu.be

>ZTE Axon 7 vs OnePlus 3 - Speed Test Comparison Review
youtube.com/watch?v=AXF-J-zCKQM&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B016WSNTC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B01BYGWJY8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l-review-934p7.php
youtube.com/watch?v=qP9NG5J30_A
indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8550-win-10-os-game-console#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ZTE Axon 7 shit

>OP3 is not as good as expected, and a little bit to big for my taste

>Xiaomi Mi5 is a piece of plastic, that cracks under little pressure

There is no alternative to S7.

Anywhere to get the Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L53 ? Its the one that works in the US (I want band 12) but I cant find it.

The only real flaw that the OP3 has is its 3000mAh battery 'cuz muh thin fashion accessoire. The rest i can cope with.

Whats wrong with 3000 mAh?
My Z3 has 3100 and its idle life is loooong.

Screen-Size ratio is rather bad.

Why nobody goes the LG G2 way? Even though it featured a 5,2'' screen, it was so handy.

Camera is not really good compared with the S7 and lacks many options.

Upgraded to S7 from S2. Finally. Feels good, haven't tested battery and everyday using yet. Screen is godlike, useful for navigating.

>worse than OP2

Battery life is more than just mAh count, some phone needs more because they may be using a less efficient screen, circuits, processors etc. Literally sky and earth the difference of battery life between the Xperias Z1 and Z3 eventhough their batteries are about the same.

Lots of circuits goes around the screen, the LG can be thin because the buttons are on the back

Noice

This is wrong with 3000mAh.

ewwwwwwwwww I see what you mean.

But hey... at least OP3 users always have DashCharge™, they only need to carry their DashCharge™ along with them.

OP3 has such a shitty battery life also thanks to the useless 6GB ram.

>Your parcel has arrived at your local depot ready for delivery on Monday 4th of July

Galaxy S7 soon!

Should I install all the updates, then do a factory reset before setting all my shit up?

Install a custom sandeep ROM

Does sim unlocking my device allow me to get security updates without waiting for my service provider to push them? My device came with an unlock code and I'm still on April's update.

where do you get those graphics?

>Sony

What went wrong?

Looks like phonearena

Phonearena benchmarks

thanks, had to look up the s6.

How the fuck has the s6 edge about 1 hour longer in those benchmarks. What the fuck

For someone who can't currently watch the videos, how does the Axon fare in those tests?

I simply don't understand it.

How hard can it be to design a good smartphone that can compete with the Iphone 6s and the Samsung S7?

I thought the Axon 7 would be a contender, but after having seen the comparison vids, it is flushed down the toilet.

>3500mAh battery
>good 1080p screen
>up to date top notch hardware
>good camera internals and lens
>decent body with some dust and water resistance
>not bloated Android version, stop wasting resources into making unecessary software

How hard can it fucking be?!

>why don't they just lay faster internet cables

that's not comparable

Pretty badly 2bh. it made the OP3 look fast.

Too bad it doesn't have a microsd slot else I'd consider buying one.

Because it costs a fuckton of money to get good enough R&D to design something as good as the s7 or 6S and that wouldn't be profitable because if you're in the same market segment as those two people won't even look at your product.

>stock Android
>fingerprint scanner
>microSD
>good camera
>1440p display
>good battery life

Does it exist?

LG, HTC and Sony have the resources to do so.

Instead they release overpriced garbage.

Or is it not really dropped yet? Can't even find the L23 which lacks band 12

So does a smaller-screen Android phone worth buying exist?
I'm talking like, 4,7"-5,2", must run newest Android, no skin or very light one.
Preferably no chinkshit.

I'm looking at OPO3, as it's literally the only cheap and good smartphone currently out it seems, but the screen is a bit big, though I could probably get used to it.

XPERIA COMPACT

Lenovo Zuk Z2. 5" SD820 @$300.
Yeah it's chink but at least a known brand.

I still wait for the CM confirmation. I'll try it if it gets actual cm

sony can't into phones

I like lenovo, hell, my laptop is made by them, but uh, this seems like an extreme chinkphone.
I had a zte phone once and it was a total disaster, that's why I'd rather avoid them altogether...

Kek. It's probably the aluminum sapping the battery's energies.

256GB microsd card is finally out, get hype!

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

You get what you pay for desu.

Maybe but it has all the problems in pic related which make it the worst possible phone you could ever own.

>inb4 sour grapes

I was joking. It's ridiculous to blame the ram for poor battery performance.

what are the three """best""" phones for under $250?

>giving (you)'s to the iShill troll who posts the same message every thread.

wat

>make awesome phone with awesome battery life and no cam bump
>make awesome phone with shit battery life and cam bump
>chose one
Never Settle.
t. Oneplus

Bought a T-Mobile LG V10 on eBay for $220.
Just got it all set up,rooted, bootloader unlocked and SIM unlocked.
>Pros:
God-tier headphone output from ESS Sabre DAC and headphone Amp
Good camera with RAW and manual settings (Camera2 API)
Good build quality though probably not very water resistant

>Cons:
Very meh battery life so far
LCD backlight is somewhat uneven
Performance is actually below Snapdragon 805/801 phones which is pretty sad..

Luckily the two main things I do use my phone for are music and camera so I'm not too disappointed.
Came from a Note 4 which unfortunately met it's end in a toilet.

Sheesh, are you gonna delete this one too?

yes

S7 + Gear VR for 750€

Should I do it? Are there any other good VR headsets that are not cardboard?

Does the screen look somewhat saturated to you?

I took a look at an S7 the other day and it looked really fucking saturated compared to the rest of the phones I've seen. Anyway, congrats on the purchase.

Everything but the "web browsing" results actually improved, weird.

Oh wow, as a slav, those slav stereotypes are killing me.

Sunflower seeds are addictive as fuck, I can eat a whole package without realizing.

The saturation on their phones have been adjustable since forever

Is that your setup? Looks nice, what case/screen protector are you using on that V10 if I can ask?

$220 for a V10? Damn, that's an awesome price for that, wish I had known about it whenever.

Someone was spamming eBay with used V10 auctions and so I just low balled everyday until I won one of them. The same seller has them for like $250 buy it now. This is the case: amazon.com/gp/product/B016WSNTC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I actually don't have a screen protector installed yet but this is what I bought: amazon.com/gp/product/B01BYGWJY8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also desu I'm not sure I would recommend this phone unless you're willing to sacrifice things like battery life and performance for the quality DAC/Amp.

Huh if that's the case I probably should look at it again.

I have no experience with samsung phones beside the cheapo ones.

Not that i know of

There's this one also I just found:

www.ebay.com/itm/LG-V10-H901-64GB-Space-Black-T-Mobile-Smartphone-/311615381963

Wish I had the money, I really do. Still love my G2 however, it's set up perfectly for me and I have no issues with it at all. Want to get another G4 actually, had one earlier this year but sold it to catch up on bills, now I want another one but will just have to wait but, $220 for a 64GB V10 is one damned fine deal.

The S7 is objectively the best mobile phone by all possible metric

Wow lol that's the same seller. paid the same price though so whatever.

Since UMPCs aren't a thing anymore, does anyone know of a phone keyboard case that doesn't suck? I would specify what phone it's for, but mostly I'm just curious if such a thing exists at all, for any phone.

To be honest LG G3s are like $100ish and are totally worth it.

G4>v10

That's not the Z3 compact.

V10 is literally a better G4. In no way is it worse.

Where do you guys find the DAC/Amp information for your phones?

I'm trying to find the one for my phone (Xperia L) and see if it's any good, and I want to look up those for any future purchases I may do.

GSMarena and the manufacturer's website don't say anything.

Sony phones typically have kinda shit audio quality at least from my experience looking at GSMArena audio tests...

What's wrong with the axon 7? Or is it just shitposting?

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_l-review-934p7.php
Scroll to the bottom
It's "okay"

Huh, thanks.

Also most phones just use a generic Qualcomm DAC (Assuming they're qualcomm-based phones) Though the quality of the output can vary wildly as someone manufacturers use their own amplifier or have better/worse RF shielding/headphones jacks etc. Actual output volume can vary too.

>bought OnePlus 3
>Expect battery to be shit, and display to be shit
>Battery life is actually great
>Screen is decent, but rules if you're outdoors a lot

Great phone.

Cheap chinkshit, the worst kind of shit

Battery life and design, a lot of units I reviewed the G4 on average lasted a bit longer than the v10, leather is sexy and unimportant.

You sound like a legitimate shill.

Also how does it feel you will never be able to use a 256GB microsd card or the 320GB one that's going to be released next year?

Battery life on the G4 is slighlty worse according to GSMArena. Internally they're very similar phones and the ROMs are nearly the same. LG V10 has a very good dedicated DAC and headphone amp though.

How's the amazon moto g4, pretty tempting because it shows up 135 for me because I have prime.

if the whole audiophile horse shit isn't your cup of tea though I'd probably just recommend getting a G4 or something else..

lewd

youtube.com/watch?v=qP9NG5J30_A

What could prevent my phone from booting up when an SD card is in? I've tried mulltiple, and it just refuses to boot (Xperia SP).

I don't think it's a software thing, because I've both restored the stock firmware a couple of times, and I've used custom ROMs on it, and the result is the same on each of them.

Google Drive?
Dropbox?
I live in the Cloud, bud.

>The S7 is objectively the best mobile phone by all possible metric

Except that it's not because you can't make a single device that is the best for anyone and everyone all at the exact same time.

Also, specs, they're not all they're cracked up to be, I assure you.

>my Atrix HD with the RAZR battery mod
>4+ years old now
>still gets close to 15 hours of SOT and 4+ days of battery life between charges
>LTE works just fine, 60-90Mbps download speeds with T-Mobile
>objectively it's a better device for me than the S7 could ever hope to be
>your opinion is thus rendered moot

>How's the amazon moto g4, pretty tempting because it shows up 135 for me because I have prime.
Fucking shit. Literally ad-infested so you will have 0 privacy and almost a 100% you will never be able to root it. That's not even the worst part. The worst part is it has a shitty SoC with horrible single-thread performance and only 4 CPU cores can be used at the same time. Overall just a terrible phone. Save up and get a Zenfone 2 laser instead, the better SoC, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage are worth it.

can I get that image without the text?

Where, it says 200usd for me for the non ad one

Can you access the cloud at 1Gbps 24/7 everywhere you go and upload and dowload over 256GB of data as much as you please for free?

>Xperia SP
>Released 2013, April
>1GB RAM
>Snapdragon S4 Pro
>2370mAh
It's time for an upgrade.

I'm thinking about buying a chinkphone, the Redmi Note 3 Pro. As the OP states, it is the budget recommendation.
However, has anyone real life experience with this phone and tell me something about it? I'm particularly interested in that MIUI rom.
What exactly is this? An own operating system or android-based? How about updates?

I wouldn't reccomend motorola to anyone after the buyout.

>0.1 Rupee have been added to your OnePlus™ account, Mr. Rajeesh.

please respond

It's an iOS clone that is based on Android. you can Flash AOSP or CM13 however if you don't like it. ask /csg/ for opinions, many people there bought it.

I don't really need to upgrade - besides that tiny problem I'm satisfied with it.

Just get a GPD Win if you want a UMPC so much.

Pre-order for the 4GB RAM version is $330

indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-intel-z8550-win-10-os-game-console#/

MIUI is a pretty extensive reskin of Android. It's mostly aesthetic changes - just look up a video review and see how it behaves.
If you end up liking MIUI, I recommend flashing the unofficial xiaomi.eu rom to remove all the chinese "mi store" junk.

thanks

>Windows 10
Dropped.

so its just shitposting

It will have a UEFI so you can just disable secureboot and install gentoo on it you filthy foot fungus eating freetard.

Wade Wang detected. shoo shoo stinky chinky.