/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about watches, and being an autistic sperg about watches.

Other urls found in this thread:

christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10816
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

speaking of being an autistic sperg, this image triggers at least one user here
I really don't understand the hate for my watches, people used to love my snowflake invicta

I only feel disinterest, which I'm pretty sure was what the other anons felt when it was me posting about modding a watch.

Might change when you finish your watch though.

Just snagged pic related. My wallet twitches in pain but my cock throbs in excitement for its arrival. Fingers crossed for keeping perfect time. If not I'll probably have to send it to Germany to service since it's inert gas filled.

Sinn is naise. I have a basic bitch 556A I love.

Indeed. It'll join its older brother (pic related) in my increasingly Germanic collection. No more new watches for at least a year for me. The 556 is a beaut as well. Quite controversial though, since a lot of people believe it signals Sinn's betrayal of their tool watch heritage.

Got an old chrono a few weeks ago, here's a shot of the movement, Valjoux 7733.

Make that two. Those hands are pure shit. And you seem to enjoy shit. So, enjoy your shit.

Enjoy your seriously visible date, sperg.

Nice. Everything a watch needs to be.

how thick does that 356 feel senpai

i have a 6 inch babby wrist and i'm afraid it would look horrible on me

Hate away.

The strap wasn't purchased for this watch, but I had an emergency and it's filling in until the proper strap arrives.

i like what you're doin senpai, just mod your shit how you want it desu

Why would you choose those hands?

because it's gonna be neato

Its 15.5mm but wears thinner. Most of that is the extremely domed crystal. The caseback is also domed. It actually slips under my shirt cuffs without issue.
>Enjoy the subtle, non-cluttering date window. Dare legibility is unimportant for a dive watch anyways.
Thanks.

For reference, I have a 6 3/4" wrist.

I wonder if chink mesh strap Vostok user still lurks this general. Did he ever get his strap? The world will never know.

>No strap guide
>No link to the newbie video
>No link to the previous thread
How useless can you be?

autistic sperg

got a skx007 recently. Planning on changing the rubber strap, anyone know of any good strap sellers? Wanna get a leather one

If you're a burger:
Holbensfinewatchbands.com
Crownandbuckle.com

No you're just incompetent and lazy.

That watxh won't spend it's entire lifetime under the sea, you landwhale. Ergo, a good watch must have a legible date, if it already has one. You got shafted by an autistic Sinn designer, so... enjoy your failed purchase. And I know you'll come to regret it, however you may fight me at this time.

Fucking god in heaven, that's THE MOST hideous combo I've ever seen!!! And the hate people have for your watches is caused by your seriously fucked up taste. You should not be allowed near a watch during your lifetime.

Inert gas? Why would you buy a watch that can not be serviced by a competent watch repairer, just because ze Germanz decided to fill it up with fart gas? Screw that.

CUZ MUH TECHNOLOGY. Well you can say the same for a lot of watches with an in house/heavily modified movement. Ever had to deal with Rolex/Omega/Cartier official servicing? Shit takes up to 7 or 8 weeks.

i get what you're doing. have fun.

>no literally who cares
Why didn't you make the thread then? It was 404 for hours.

Wear this constantly.

That doesn't have anything do to with being willing to copy and paste the correct OP.

>no literally who cares

accidentally bashed the crystal against a rock while hiking this morning, not a single mark. feels good.

Looking to start saving up to buy a watch when I finish my Bachelors degree (2 years from now), anyone have any reccomendations? Thinking about maybe a Tudor Black Bay or a Nomos or something around that price range, or I might stretch for a Speedmaster or a used Explorer or something as well.

I'd go for the speedy, but I'm biased. Explorer I is excellent as well. The tudor and nomos offerings are great, but if you'll be saving for two years, might as well go for broke.

Considering both of his watches are straight ripoffs of iconic Rolex designs you're the one with shit taste of you don't like how they look.

pls no die

Nig-rigged pressure tester.
christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10816

What strap is that? Can it be installed on a cheap casio?

date apertures as a general rule are hideous and are only begrudgingly allowed for their function

exceptions include datejusts and day dates, which simply wouldn't be what they are without those complications. And they actually look okay.

Tudor princes are also allowed, and anything with a more complicated movement such as a triple date, moon phase or perpetual calender

the acceptable date aperture on anything else is at 3 o clock, or maybe 6 o clock for a date, and a 3 o clock for the abbreviated daydate you find on SKX's and sinn 104s. 6 o clock date and 12 o clock day is alright sometimes but make no mistake they are almost all eyesores.

never 4 or 5 o clock apertures by the way.

I may be autistic but you all know I am right

Please don't be those guys. Please don't put a diver on leather straps.

>nato straps

When will this shitty trend die? You're not a soldier out in the field. You're not James Bond. You can't even dive or swim, fatso.

Seriously fuck off with the nato straps

Don't toss the strap. Boil that rubber strap so it perfectly fits your wrist. You might decide you like it. Or at least want to wear it part of the time.

No one is postings. Americans too busy traveling and/or blowing their fingers of in the name of freedom.

boy i sure save a lot of pictures of Seikos

>4r35 movement
>42mm
Hnnnng... so close yet so far.

Feels good man.

>noticed cheapest nato now has martini racing nato's
>but sold out in 22mm
do I go for 20mm or wait?

you also think 42 is too large ? I know it would be for my wrists

well, probably. Never tried, i don't think i can go larger than 40.

If it's the movement, why not give me your reasons, still learning about all that stuff

>dive watch
>no rotating numbered bezel
>leather strap

Hoo boy.

Okay let's talk about straps shall we

Looking for good canvas straps, I found a really good strap maker but apparently he's not making them anymore, I don't really get it (pic related)

Yes too large. I guess the 4R35 is not a bad movement but I wish there was a 6r15 or 4s25 version. I'd be willing to pay ~$100 extra. Also forgot to mention mineral glass. Other than those 3 things (in order of importance), it looks perfect.

Yeah it's a mod, it's basically an Skx inside a seiko military case or something similar

I also love suede straps

this dude makes some nice leather straps it looks like, with some deep fucking colors for once, so sick of all that brown shit.

there's also the perlon option, but again they don't make that many colors

why's it so fucking hard to find a burgundy or dark red nato/perlon strap ? They all sell that purple crap instead, I mean who wants that ?

What in the fuck is wrong with your arm and hand???

Nice, I just ordered a T-touch solar expert. I love mechanical watches, but spend a lot of time backpacking, camping, motorcycle touring and was looking for an ABC watch. The Casio offerings are great, but the T-touch really grabbed my attention.

It's just an illusion. my hand was closer to the camera. I couldn't be bothered to get up from my chair and was at a weird angle.

you autists have to like at least one of my watches, nobody can hate old hamiltons

>all that matching

Leprechaun spotted.

My poor Riccardo had something go wrong with its winding mechanism - now the rotor won't turn and the crown is almost impossible to turn by hand. Time for a service...

>old Hamiltons
mah nigger.

excuse the crap pic. haven't had the chance to retake

another

better one of mine

I'll own my own Snow Frake some time. Eventually™.

jesus christ the texture on that dial

its fucking beautiful. not the biggest fan of spring drive, but damn man. i want that watch

You two fuckers need Jesus. Iconic Rolex designs? Don't make me laugh. Also, fucker should try to create something of his own, not copy crap so ppl think he has a rolex on hand. Dumbasses, both of you. Rolex autists.

NineBall are you an Australian?

What I'd like to know is where all my fellow Canadians fucked off to. We need them to generate more vintage Seiko memes.

I still find it depressing that this brand has fallen so far under Swatch. Although I think Tissot's fall has been even worse.

They are quality. Fuck off, impractical one!

No.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

To the user that was interested in my Alpha chrono, are you up for it?
it's still 60 bucks and I'll throw in the nato if you want. The little felt sleeve and warrenty card that it came with are included.
For anyone interested it's in good condition, movement is at ~+25 a day without regulation and the chronograph works/resets prefectly.
It does have a small crack on the acrylic, but you can just pop a new one in, it's a standard diameter.
Selling the watch because I'm moving and need to stay frugal.

How about YOU fuck off, you nato-wearing "hurr durr i'm an OPERATOR" cunt?!

how much $ would you want for an invicta like that?

My watch is the best watch.

>tfw when going to service the LM Special next week

>He doesn't operate

how do you hairy armed fags wear the segmented metal straps, theyre annoying when they pull a hair lol.

Who are you quoting, dumbass?

>tudor snowflake
>original milgauss
>not iconic

Both of those designs are obscure enough that nobody's going to go WOW NIGGA U GOT U A ROLEX SHIET, maybe an occasional watch autist would recognize the Tudor lookalike but the 6541 is far from commonplace enough for people to recognize it.

What does Sup Forums think about this watch? There was a 4th of July sale and it was like $90 shipped.

-Mineral Glass
-Seiko 7S26 movement the same ones found in the Divers
-41 hour reserve

Not a fan of the design myself but that's a good deal on a decent watch.

It was either for this or the Divers which I already own. The design somehow appealed to me.

>generic shitty Kickstarter watch
>Risks and Challenges:
>"TOO MUCH ATTENTION – if there is such a thing…. you will experience it. Be prepared for endless conversations with total strangers about how amazing your watch is. While we cannot prevent this, we do our best to make sure it is disclosed up front."
Oh fuck off

Definitely go for it at that price if you like it

>why are you wearing such a dog shit watch?
>did you get that in a happy meal?
>so your watch is flammable?
Too much attention for me.

there's clouds in my watchbox

What does /wt/ think of this? Would it be an approved cop?

I think it looks really fuckin' cool and if I'm filthy rich I'd definitely cop something Swiss that looks like this.

But seeing as I'm not, I can only settle for quartz.

Help me make a decision senpais. >_

The serif of the second 1 in 11 is cut off. Literally disgusting.

I think it adds character :^)

No, I'm American.

Are you guys able to snag cheap fireworks around now as well? While Americans are importing huge amounts I would assume there may be some spill over. Possibly Canadians are busy blowing their fingers off as well

I-if you want a poorfag mechanical chrono check mine out

Thanks user. I politely decline your offer :)