Anyone know what these lines are?

So I bought a new monitor to go with my new GTX 1080 graphics card, however I've been noticing these strange horizontal lines that flash occasionally on screen for a fraction of a second. I had to record a video to take a screen shot of it. They happen no matter the resolution or refresh rate. My old monitor never did this, they occur randomly when I play some games. They don't look like screen tearing, anyone have any ideas?

The monitor I purchased is a
Dell Gaming S2716DG

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/943822/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-51-released-6-17-16-/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Another pic, intro game screen when starting game. Close up

Thats part of the game you fucking retard. Your old monitor wasnt able to feature those effects

They're called scan lines.

Monitor/cable is fucked.
If it was your card, the artifacts would be more rectangle shaped.

it's because you're playing western games

Check that the cable is all the way in

I thought if the cable was loose it'd just not display anything but I've had it loose and showing some real trippy shit a few times now.

Otherwise your card or monitor is fucked. Does it happen with the same monitor with a different computer?

Check connections are secure. If it's not that, either your card or monitor is a lemon.

Either your cable is not in all the way or your shit is overheating.

Thought maybe was the display port cable so I changed it. Still the same however. It's not constant and they appear randomly, Some games more than others. Bioshock 1 seems to get them way more but I have noticed it while playing newer games like over watch just not as much.

Loaded up hardline, same problem here. Though only on load up screen nothing in game

A second before they appeared

If the card didn't do this on your old monitor, then it's your monitor famiglia

If a DP cable is dead then the screen will usually not work at all.
Pretty sure your screen is dead. Try it on another.

If you can screencap it it's on the card side. If you have to take a photo of the monitor to capture it then it's the monitor.

your card is dead

It's a secret code telling you to fuck off to .

its a known problem with the latest drivers and hot fix drivers.

causes screen flickering with high refresh rate monitors and mostly with 144hz gsync monitors

>forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/

>forums.geforce.com/default/topic/943822/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-51-released-6-17-16-/

btw IFS A FEATURE

This is OP, pic related.

probably ded card rma dude, have u try boost the fan to 100%? maybe it's overheating?

interesting Thanks man. Installing hotfix driver. I'll report back after,

It fixed it!!! I was afraid my monitor was messed up. You saved me the trouble of exchanging the damn thing. Again Thank you

>nvidia has good drivers!
loving every laugh

it's not like AMD had any better drivers

remember, ITS A FEATURE

>on a side not i have a strix 1080 with a 144hz and haven't noticed it but a ton of others are.

My card is also a Strix 1080 but the OC edition.