Should I bring my desktop with me to grad school? I'm going to be renting an apartment...

Should I bring my desktop with me to grad school? I'm going to be renting an apartment, and I don't want to rack up a huge electric bill. Would a laptop with docking station use less electricity? Space is also a concern since the room is tiny.

It depends on the wattage of each power supply I think.

I use to carry my PC around when went to collage I just made it a briefcase what you gotta do when it comes to making it I. School stay focused don't lose sight of your goals

disgusting pic, why would you ruin a delicious pair of feet like that?

It takes like $5 a month to run a desktop 24/7 minus the display. The real expense is going to be which monitor you use and how often you run it.

Lol. If you're gonna have a dessert, might as well eat it off of beautiful feet.

I have a 23" Acer G235H...I was going to use this either way, even if it's via the docked laptop.

The power used by a desktop is inconsequential. I would be more worried about the gas bill and rent.

Just do the docking station. No need for two computers as a student

How do I unsubscribe to your blog?

Your going to grad school yet you don't know how much it costs to run your PC per month? What's your major if I can ask?

This. Yeah dude electric bill is the most chill. It's gas that will fuck you. Also depends on your location. Heating costs are a bitch in some areas.

Computer Engineering with a specialization in Power Supply Cost Analysis.

Use the desktop for a dedicated server for your personal repos.

Well done.

if you're in the US your utility provider will usually tell you how much you pay per kilowatt-hour. i think the norm is between 0.09-0.12$ per kwh. Most desktop's probably idle at around 100 watts, and monitors are likely near the same. It'd basically be like leaving a few light bulbs on if you kept the computer and monitor on at all times. at the end of the day, it'll be an inconsequential amount of money you'd be paying to have them on. the real energy consumers are washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, and air conditioner. a computers energy draw compared to this is very small.

A desktop won't hurt much at all. If you stress the CPU 24/7 then you'll see an increase. This happened when I was running folding at home. If you're only stressing the CPU a couple hours a day you're fine.

I majored in Behavioral Neuroscience in undergrad, and now I'm about to start medical school (MD). Medfags don't know shit about computers lol...

I want to buy a used docking station for my Chinkpad off ebay for $20 , but my fiance says it's a waste of money and that I don't need a 23" monitor and normal sized keyboard in medical school... :'(

You're gonna suffer ergonomics wise hunched over your chinkpad. You'll love yourself if you can be properly set up with a nice chair and the docking station setup with a separate kb/mouse/monitor. It's how I've got my shit setup being an office wagecuck.

That's what I was thinking. I DEFINITELY want to have the 23" monitor and normal-sized keyboard...now the only question is whether I should use the desktop PC that I already own or if I should spend the $20 for a docking station. My only hesitation is that I have very limited desk space, which the docked Chinkpad would necessarily take up, whereas the desktop could be placed on the floor, thus saving precious desk space....
l

this pic hnnnngggghhh

Just get the chinkdock

Ditch your fiance.

I want to suck the hell out of those toes.

Omg, can I have a source on this? What do I have to Google to see videos of girls eating cake off each other's feet? Hnnnnng oh jeepers

What do you plan to use it for? The medfags I have known only ever needed a laptop so I can understand if you just use a chink pad.

Uh, I'll just use a web browser and Microsoft Office 99% of the time probably. I might torrent and watch an occasional movie or stream shows on Netflix. No gaming.

So, the Chinkpad would be sufficient. The real question is whether I should spend $20 on a docking station? It's really comfy to work on my 23" monitor.

>It's really comfy to work on my 23" monitor.

There is your answer.

Long toenails are fucking gross

They're neatly kept though, don't be a fag.