/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

Discuss your Apple stuff here!

This is a technology board.

>not seeing OP's irony
You dense son of a bitch lmao

>Sup Forums kiddos in charge of getting the joke
it's you whiny shitters who need to go back to

>>>le appel is gay xD
What does this have to do with technology?

> Proving your level of intelligence this fast.

Thanks for shit posting.

>/fag/

It's a statement made to point out that apple devices are unusable pieces of technology and their real function is a fashion accessory for uh well homosexuals.

>haha appel products r gay
>GAY! get it! because there for faggots!
>all hail lord gaben, pc mustard rice!

I don't even own a dedicated graphics card, child. And while most apple users are in fact homosexuals in real life it's just a coincidence, we call them gay because they're like I said unusable pieces of technology.

>/fag/

I support this new containment thread. I never owned an apple device and I doubt I ever will, but have fun you people.

Ow my wallet

Hi

Is there an officially supported way to use actual Samba on the latest OSX? They phased out Samba to replace it with their own Samba-like protocol and it has some weird behaviors. For example, files created by Windows clients to the Mac OS server are in mode 700.

>Mac
>server

Why does apple trigger Sup Forumsentoos? Its just another tech company.

It's a thing. I won't get into details but I have to deal with this specific problem at my job and it is not in my control.

i demolished my iphone 5s on saturday

atleast it looks aesthetic

It's filled to the brim with paid shills and their products fucking suck. It's 2016 and they still haven't added support for a microsd slot, one of the most crucially basic requirements for a phone nowadays.

>one of the most crucially basic requirements for a phone nowadays
Why? they sell 128gb phones

Anyway, I dont think they suck. And even if they do, there are a lot of products that suck and they dont trigger anyone here.

>Why? they sell 128gb phones
Which is literally half of what the highest capacity microsd card out there. Not only that but most phones already come with 64GB of internal memory so that + 256GB microsd card = 320 GB total storage space.

because if you opt-out of the free software circlejerk you're a normie and that's bad
Sup Forums cares about image more than they think Apple users do.

>Which is literally half of what the highest capacity microsd card out there
Ok? but most people are fine even with 16gb, I dont see how that makes a it a basic requirement for phones nowadays.

Its a phone, not a laptop.

Literally sour grapes

>Ok? but most people are fine even with 16gb, I dont see how that makes a it a basic requirement for phones nowadays.
Not anymore. There's a reason those 64GB microsd cards are selling for as low as $15 a piece. People are buying them en masse.

>Its a phone, not a laptop.
Not anymore. Now you can torrent your favorite normies of thrones or yify movies and stream them at the same time. You can't even fucking torrent on an iPhone without jailbreaking it which is beyond pathetic.

>People are buying them en masse.
Source?

Torrenting on a phone is pathetic. People that watch movies/tv show on a phone usually use netfilix or something like that.

Just because you have 16gb on a phone doesnt mean you cant do that.

>Source?
Just look at the prices. If people didn't buy microsd cards so much then manufacturers wouldn't sell them so cheap.

>Torrenting on a phone is pathetic. People that watch movies/tv show on a phone usually use netfilix or something like that.
There are tons of movies and tv shows not available on netflix or something like that. Sometimes torrenting is the only way and protects you from buying dumb fucking shows or movies that turned out to be fucking shit.

>Just because you have 16gb on a phone doesnt mean you cant do that.
You can but you're extremely limited in how much you can download. That 16GB phone will come with ~12GB of actual storage space because the mobile OS will use some space and then ~4GB will probably go to apps. That leaves you with 7GB of usable storage space for torrenting (1GB for system stability). That's fucking nothing, a single 1080p YIFY movie can easily reach 2GB in file size. Download 3 of those + a few MP3 albums and now you're fucked.

Music

you don't know what "sour grapes" means

>/fag/

>Just look at the prices. If people didn't buy microsd cards so much then manufacturers wouldn't sell them so cheap.
That is not how economy works.
First of all, its not the manufacturers that say what the retail price is

Dont you think you are making a big deal out of this just because iPhone. I get that having a msd slot is nice, but its not really a requirement. Specially since your arguments are based on watching movies on a phone.

So who is getting the iPhone 7?

MicroSD is a dogshit slow af standard.

Apple uses NVMe based drives lad

me honestly

>/fag/

I got the new gold iphone SE 64 GB in gold

great for taking pics 4k pics of my gf while she rides my dick.

>90 MB/s
>slow
Are you physically and mentally retarded?

Unless you'rebuying chink microsd cards there pretty fast... hi Mr poo in loo

Homosexuality is a sin you know.

Sorry, misspelled bf.

>4x slower isnt slow

And not even my notebook gets 90Mb/s read on a sd card. I doubt phones do.

Isn't that the opposite of gay? Hell, isn't that better than what Sup Forums can accomplish?

>tfw have 400Mb/s reason on my internal phone storage how much is apple paying you to shill

Yay... auto correct

x slower isnt slow
You're calling 90MB/s "slow". Think about what you are saying, 90MB/s means more than 5GB/minute. Sure it's not as fast as aplel internal nand storage but it's anything but "slow".

Sorry but if something its 4x slower it already entered legacy territory.

This post just fucking reeks of fedora

the picture that guy posted literally says "up to 95 MB/s"

Wow that's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Congratulations, you deserve a medal or something.

You seem upset.

That card that user posted isn't just any microsd card. It's built with V-NAND which is fast as fuck and extremely durable. In fact that "up to" rating is probably the sustained speed over time.

pic related is how blistering fast V-NAND can go.

Here I got you pic related as a sort of internet medal for

>thread to talk about apple
>filled with jelly poorfags

i am shocked

Alright thanks m8

Enjoy your legacy tech

>user post $230 microsd card
>filled with jelly poorfags
I own an iPhone 6 plus but you're making us look like fucking retards.

Im sure you do buddy

You've never owned an apple product in your life, junior

>he managed to crush his screen
I don't get this meme. I've dropped my Galaxy nexus and Fairphone 1&2 probably 100 times by now (asphalt or concrete usually) and it doesn't crack.

Yet I see videos where like magic they drop phones on the ground and the screen cracks like eggs under a pneumatic drill.

>Droppped my phone 100 times

You need to see a professional

in

Well. Across 3 phones.
And yeah maybe. I'm pretty clumsy.

This general is exactly what we need, along with /wa/ (wincucks anonymous).

Start it up user.

>/wa/
We need this.
It's such a dumb OS and I need to ask questions without getting
>windoze
In /sqt/.

Am I the only person on Sup Forumsay who doesn't hate the keyboard of the new Macbook? Sure it was fucking weird and felt like shit at start but now that I am used to it, I prefer it to the one they have on Air/Pro.

>Just look at the prices.
They are fucking cheap to make, that's all the price tells us. I doubt many phone users actually care for them, have yet to see somebody with more than a 32GB card in the wild.

>Sometimes torrenting is the only way and protects you from buying dumb fucking shows or movies that turned out to be fucking shit.
Sure but why doing it on phone, sorting shit on pc is way more comfortable, while torrenting on phone requires the phone to lying somewhere with wifi. Not exactly the point of a phone.

Wanting to spend $230 on a fucking micro SD card these days shows that he is dumb, which probably means that he is poor too.

>Sure but why doing it on phone, sorting shit on pc is way more comfortable, while torrenting on phone requires the phone to lying somewhere with wifi. Not exactly the point of a phone.

This, why the fuck are you fags torrenting shit on a phone?

So how do you actually use iTunes? Whether I try to copy music from library to phone, sometimes it works right away, sometimes nothing happens. Also sometimes the shit restores deleted tracks even though I have "Manually manage music and videos" checked.

works great, and it's only $20 and an addon to normal mac os, unlike windows server.

from finder use the connect to server option in the drop down menu. Type smb://ip and connect

Best general name ever

So I installed rEFInd and am dualbooting OS X and Debian. When I boot. it goes straight to Debian. I need to boot to the stock EFI boot selector and boot OS X. Anyone know how to fix it?

>OS X
Found your problem.

we used these at NASA for our webserver for the longest time before they stopped making Mac Pros and Server hardware.

That's by design. Debian is better than OS X so now it won't let you boot into an inferior operating system.

ebin

I assume it's doing that because D comes before O.

You're going to have to find a way to manually select the OS you want. Try to find it by using google.

Sup Forums runs on a cluster of mac minis.

Wrong, they're a boutique doorstop company.

Aptly named thread, even if I do own an iPhone.

No wonder is shits the bed daily.

Remember when Sup Forums was good?

Freetards are the atheists of the technology world. How dare someone does something that works them!

>How dare someone does something that works them!
What?

/fag/

I'll buy it off of you.

>/fag/

Reinstall refined one more time and that's should fix it, and hold option or command I forget which one to be able to choice the os when refined isn't recognized.

>keyboard on the new macbook
why do people praise it when it's objectively shit?

>/fag/

ebin

When did you use it?

Hey fag waffles

I'm using hackintosh here

I have to sell my 280x which by the way isn't all that amazing on hackintosh in any case.

So now I'm left with either intel hd 4600 graphics or the 6850HD. Which one do you think would be best for it? I know the 6850HD is still better hardware, but maybe the drivers are shittier.

What going to be the OP?
We should have a hackintosh section of course

Also needs a section on how to properly eat shit from your hands and ways to designate a shitting street.

When I open it up and type on it.
Now, go ahead and list out why it's so superior to everything else, you /fag/got

This shit's gonna be more S than the S line.
Anybody with a brain will w8 for the 8.

Magic trackpad first gen objectively best trackpad. I dislike trackpads overall but I'm willing to make a goddamn exception for that thing.

>Anybody with a brain
>iphone

Pick one.

back to your containment board