Old as fuck yet still relevant to this day

>old as fuck yet still relevant to this day

What went so right?

Tbh my machine still runs a 7870 and I don't have much trouble with it. Granted, my monitor only runs at 1440x900.

Same, no issues
4 digits > 3

the trick is to either play at smallish resolutions or just not buy into the 84xSSAA 600fps 8K texture mod scene and realize that a game has more worth than its graphic presentation.

7970? Forget that. I still rock 5870s in Crossfire.

>3 years old
>first gcn 1.1 card ever, so its blessed by new updates
>still faster than a ps4
>literally runs better as time pass by

>4 digits over 3
correct

>2005 hardware
>plays gta v and rise of the tomb raider

What went so right?

PowerPC and ATi graphics

>ati

im pretty sure it was a modified version of a 7600gt

360 has ATI. PS3 has nvidia.

No, the 360 has a modified...I want to say X1900?

>tfw u can literally run VR on your 7850

X1800, but it was a lot more advanced than any of the actual R520 graphics cards and was actually ATI's first unified shader GPU.

can't play mgs5 maxed
can't play da:i maxed
can't play tw3 maxed
can't play metro maxed

just grabbed a fury for €300 because I simply can't stand it
it's worse since I got a 144hz monitor, now going under 90 fps bothers me a LOT it just isn't smooth

heck even going to the movies and seeing all this motion blur added the 24 fps films disturbs me

>turning on shitty settings that don't add anything worthwhile visually
Modern games literally look better on low settings everything except for textures.

Retard.

this is silly are you high or something

You mean what the fuck went so god damn wrong.
>US based companies spin off their foundries to incompetent chinks
>no one can actually shrink the process
>languish for years

Why are Sup Forums migrants so bitter?
I've never seen anywhere else on the internet that was so whiny about graphics.

Shit, most games barely look different between high and low anymore.

Are you using "Sup Forums migrant" as an insult here ? How could that be relevent since the thread is obviously about the use of the HH 7970 in video games (maybe also bitcoins idk).

I want to see the best that a game has to offer, wether it be gameplay or graphics.

How am I bitter for wanting the best possible graphics the game as to offer ?

How can you even say such non-sense as
>most games barely look different between high and low anymore.

I went from HD4890 to a HD7970 and I saw the difference when I could dial up those graphics settings
I went from HD7970 to a R9 Fury and the same thing happened.

And don't even get me started on framerate

r9....
house fire...
i could see a difference to when my case became a furnace

Well, my R9 280 is supposed to just be a 7950, and it still handles most everything around high at 1080p, and I don't plan on upgrading until it medium becomes a struggle. People are too eager to drop lots of money for only modest gains.

>faster than a console with a laptop CPU that still manages to overheat
AMDrones really setting the bar low

This. Gtx680 4gb here, still runs everything great on high settings.

Can't tell the difference between high and ultra without a side by side comparison, but it's a bit more noticeable going from high to medium.

What's the point in spending $500+ on a card and not just going for the flagship?

GCN aged well while Kepler aged like milk.

>>plays gta v and rise of the tomb raider
yeah on the lowest possible settings at like 10fps

i have a 7950

only reason I can see to upgrade would be when I junk my 1080p monitor (I broke the other, ran dual obviously)

Probably for a 2k

I've noticed that too. Before I built my desktop, I was playing everything on a laptop at low - medium, and the jump to (at the time) ultra was incredible. Going between ultra and high is maybe just a bit of aliasing or slightly fuzzier shading.

The grapes man, it's always the grapes

Bought this and an i5 2500k around five years ago, haven't looked back since. Still runs every game I throw at it on the highest settings.

b-buh muh lens flare, rain and smoke

Can anyone help me I'm trying to find this card?

>motion blur added
24fps film is the superior frame rate for film.

Anything higher on that size of screen looks literally retarded.

That is VERY clearly homemade, spaz

What a good time to buy wasn't it?

>homemade aurebesh scribbled on the card
>tfw I know what that is and what it says
gtx 470

GTX470, says right on the top

all the shit from chinkpadgeneral?

my 6970 still goes alright

Just because your brain isnt used to it doesn't mean it's worse. I have seen the Hobbit in 48FPS and it looked really good because you could actually see what was going on in action scenes, instead of all that flashing across the camera.

When will I have to upgrade my 3470 and 970?

Yeah, best tech purchase I've ever made.

>How am I bitter for wanting the best possible graphics the game as to offer ?
because you're like an audiophile, more concerned with whether or not your expensive hardware will let you see your ballsack pushing up against your pants than the actual game itself, attempting to rationalize your bitterness with "well I just want the BEST"

most normal people don't really give a fuck and don't throw a tantrum when they have to turn down a setting or miss out on half a pixel of resolution in the event they sit around and ogle their reflection in the water

i still use my 7950 and feel 0 need to upgrade
>what, under 60fps?
>switch some settings to high instead of ultra
done

sapphire vapor-x masterrace

>GCN aged well while Kepler aged like milk.

not really. the 290x used to beat the 780ti when it launched, now the 780ti smokes the 290x and is pretty close to outperforming an OCed 290x (390x).

only problem with these cards seems to be that nvidia overpriced them and didn't include enough vram, but they've been relavent for almost 4 years now.

kepler aged like shit stop shilling

>2560x1440

read my post again, idiot:

> ... didn't include enough vram ...

anyone who uses a card from january 2013 with 3gb of vram for 1440p gaming is an idiot. even the latest and greatest cards struggle to get good performance in 1440p and 4k in some games. the 780ti still has performance on par with a $500 card almost 4 years later.

the 1080p one is the same story, again stop shilling kepler is garbage.

here now stop shilling with cherrypicked benchmarks

i have a 3gb card and my vram rarely pushes past 2500mb in shit like bf4 and gtav at 1440p. haven't played doom yet.

Don't mind the animemes here. They are so used to shitty animation cells being duplicated in their manga cartoons that they've forgotten what real life actually looks like. 48fps is close enough to true vision that it should be standardized, any thing less is fucking cave writing flip books. Just bc it's what has been normal doesn't mean it's right.

>relative performance

nice meme raja

Gta v has been confirmed to use 4gb at 1080p...

>Hobbit
shit movie son

My 7850 is still going fine.

relative performance shows a combined percentage between all tested games, it literally cant be cherrypicked, but hey i guess that's why nvidia shills hate them

>2500k
Fuck yes best cpu ever. It's stayed competitive for longer than even the Q6600. Intel plateaued after sandy bridge.

>Gta v has been confirmed to use 4gb at 1080p

probably when you enable worthless shit like super high res shadows and turn off models downscaling at a distance, but i'm not autistic.

>still using a GTX 460
>no problem playing modern games

You're not autistic so you post false information on an anonymous image board?

>relative performance shows a combined percentage between all tested games, it literally cant be cherrypicked, but hey i guess that's why nvidia shills hate them

the problem with relative performance is that one game driving down performance for that card can tank the average, which is probably what happened with the image you posting, since you avoided linking the original review

TPU's relative performance is also unreliable as hell, since not every card is re-tested unless it's also listed in individual benchmarks shown in the review.

yeah there's no reason to upgrade. i finally upgraded to a fairly decent build since my HD 4890 was dying and a core 2 duo wasn't cutting it anymore, but that shit was about 8 years old and could STILL run gta v.

games have been advancing at a crawl since like 2011 and you're retarded to upgrade every 2/3 years.

>the problem with relative performance is that one game driving down performance for that card can tank the average
A single game will barely have an effect on the average.

> since not every card is re-tested unless it's also listed in individual benchmarks shown in the review.
This is a lie.

>the problem with relative performance is that one game driving down performance for that card can tank the average
Which is exactly what would happen if you bought the card and played that game, wait you dont do that. You bought it to show of your benchmarks.

This. My HD5870 still gives me 70fps in gta v 1080p and runs bf4 at 50-70 fps depending on the map

>upgraded my 290x to a gtx 1080

shut up fag, don't tell me what to do

is that windows 8.1?

Overreaching poor people who shouldn't spend all their income on a GPU but do anyways.

Not gimping their cards like Nvidia

I am still using a 660 ti. It's OK if you don't mind playing new meme games at high, plus most of the time I only play Overwatch and HOTS.

well for starters the card was seriously underclocked...giving it a seriously big headroom for oc

I got a 7970 and it runs beautifully
I gotta upgrade eventually though

this guy gets it.

best price:performance. everrrrrrrrrrrrr
two 2gb 6870s is also bae af even for 2k res

>being this btfo

I guess you're not getting paid for the day, Sanjay. :^)

I have a 6850 and sure enough I can't play fallout 4 but whatevs

Well the truth is I have a 280x laying there gathering dust until the day I sell it but I'm socially retarded and I don't know how to tell the current buyer to hurry the fuck up and that I'm not willing to spend an entire month not selling this because he might buy it.

So you intentionaly dumbed down my point, moved the goal post, talked as if you represent "most people" then finally tried to make me childlish saying I'm throwing tantums in order to better suit your argument which is

>it's perfectly fine to play games at low settings because you have outdated hardware and if you don't do this you must be some kind weirdo

The comparision with audiophile is like your previous posts, totally stupid.
I guess by "audiophile" you refer to people who think they can ear high frequencies and spend thousands in placebo equipment.

Placebo is the keyword here. Buying a $1000 digital cable is placebo.
Buying a R9 Fury going from a HD 7970 to play your favourite game maxed when you could only use the lowest settings with bland textures, low poly models, low draw distance and low framerate is not.

You are the one trying to "rationalize" a not-so-rational behaviour. It's almost like I'm detecting hate in here but I may be going far.

tfw gtx 460 started to bluescreen occasionally

>Released in fucking 2007
>Just now have to replace it for 1080p gaming, was crushing everything but the newest games on at least medium
>They will never make a better series of cards than the 8 series.

Easy. First one to arrive with the money gets it. No reservation. I once had 3 people race each other on a day for a shitty GTX 960. When the first one showed up I told the other 2 to just go home and suck it up.

Yeah that'd be nice. I put this GPU on sale for 3 months and got just one person to actually show up.

I'm going to tell him that I already have a buyer and to hurry the fuck up or else.

>7970 can't play mgs5 maxed

nigga I play MGS 5 Maxed out 60 fps with 7850

Why not just ebay it?

>Not pitting them against each other in a bidding war
>Missing out on one of the best parts of a capitalist society

L2Salesman fool, it's like you don't even like money.

I have a 280x. It can't keep up on 1440p,so i'm going to upgrade soon to 1070/1080 when the prices drop.

ahahhahaha +18% increase with SLI

is novidya even trying?

>mfw I bought the exact same combo 1,5 years ago

>people actually bought Titans for sik gamez due to market hype and bullshit

I have a 7970 in my Alienware. It's only used for LAN at friends and a little 4-way split screen on the projector when my main machine is busy, but it handles everything nicely and for 1080p it really doesn't need anything more as of yet.

>you wasted money on an old, dead socket

The people that got the value were the ones that bought in early, and got the long term value from it.

The whole point of the 2500k meem is the performance/$ over the life span.

You spent money that could have been spent on a new socket and a machine that would have lasted.

Instead you bought someones burnt out leftovers.

Still using my 8800gt. Will have to upgrade soon for 1080p (Wolfenstein runs at 1fps). But fuck, what an awesome card.

>pairing my 5 or 6 year old 2500k with my gtx1080
>zero fucks given

ya fuck you intel

yup, cause I was short on money. But that's why I posted a pepe

4850 here. still runs ok, only gaym I play is Dotka

>still relevant to this day
No it's not.

32 cu gcn clocked at 1ghz. Exactly same as 280x, exactly the same as 380x, exactly the same as rx 470. They just keep dropping the price.

I can't decide if AMD having zero innovation over four years is a good thing or not.

All i play these days is rocket league and my old 2gb 7850 can run it at 140 fps. Even fallout 4 ran decently on medium settings. But i just got a new job and for the first time in a long time i have money burning a hole in my pocket, might upgrade soon, once all this new gpu drama has died down.

Yes it is.