Go to Arch Linux because I keep hearing how great muh AUR is

>Go to Arch Linux because I keep hearing how great muh AUR is
>Everything in the AUR is fucking out of date
>Half the shit in the AUR doesn't even compile properly
>Either it doesn't compile at all, or I need to edit some file so it will compile
>Have to fucking start daemons manually if I want to use KVM
>Had to downgrade some packages because an AUR somehow installed a package that was more recent than the one in the arch repos

I should just go back to Debian and hope Launchpad PPA's don't break anything

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I should just go back to Debian and hope Launchpad PPA's don't break anything

Actually, that's not smart. I should use Ubuntu minimal instead

Ubuntu and Debian are both shit malware OS

Should've went with Gentoo. Arch Linux is Systemd software anarchy.

Nice blogpost. Why don't you just do that instead of shitposting here?

The purpose of the post was to point out how overrated Arch is

Nobody forces you to use Arch. Use whatever OS want. That's the nice thing about Linux.
Aside from that I've yet to experience those problems you talk about (I don't see typing 'systemctl enable libvirtd' or whatever as a problem).

>I should just go back to Debian and hope Launchpad PPA's don't break anything+ 0 post omitted.

Sure, I'd go even further and suggest you go back to Windows. PKGBUILDs are essentially shell scripts, if those, and something like daemon management scare you because there's not a GUI straight out of the 90s that says "services" to guide you, you should not be using Linux.

Linux is only for smart people. Some people's brains are simply too slow to get advantage of a Unix/POSIX system.

>AUR
>user scripts maintained by autistic archneets
what did you expect?

>Linux is only for smart people. Some people's brains are simply too slow to get advantage of a Unix/POSIX system.

Sounds like your retarded m8. Go back to Debian, learn a little bit more, and maybe try Arch again when you get some experience ;)

>Nice blogpost.
You mean like every other fucking thread on this board right now?

If I remember correctly Linux isn't posix compliant

Arch is just babyBSD. Eventually you'll learn enough to graduate to freebsd

Not UNIX, but definitely POSIX.

stick to debian
don't add PPAs, compile things yourself, use backports or use precompiled packages located in your home directory
if you install .deb packages make sure to clean up your sources.list or comment out the ones automatically added in sources.list.d

smart people would not use something like the AUR

>Linux is only for smart people.
>HURR DURR

>itt
>autism

After a couple of years the joy of arch has been replaced by the anger.

Move onto gentoo OP. It's not that bad to install and compile times aren't really an issue. Portage is well worth it.

Gentoo takes hours to compile the damn thing, years if you want make into a usable system!

No. Updates take like three minutes. You're just retarded.

What makes you go on the internet and tell lies?

the only thing that takes a while to build is chromium

>Launchpad PPA's

lol that shit is full of packages made by fucking creeps running cross platform software using wine.

gentoo users are retards, spending energy and time compiling each package to get the same performance, do you even read the source of packages?, I'm sure building an LFS is more productive that than shit.

explain

>aur is great
said no one ever

Should I fall for the Arch meme?
I like the idea of never having to upgrade my OS but whats the chance of some "bleeding edge" update killing my system?

1 in 10

dude only lazy retardeds who doesn't know how shared libraries works or what a rolling release distribution means breaks their system, most of the stupids complaining about upgrade breaking their system is the ones that updates things like libc without the whole system and expect that works. To an experienced user installing basic arch system takes no more than 10 minutes, copy your backup config files, recreate your users and install other software, I don't see the big deal if it breaks.

less likely than updating anything through apt

I'm sorry you're somehow incapable of doing other things while Gentoo compiles something

>I should just go back to Debian and hope Launchpad PPA's don't break anything
Yes please or buy mac. You are to retarded to use Arch anyway.

heh, got my system up and running in one sitting.

You're a pleb and will never know the joy of portage. Go back to your retard level OS while I shoot another load over my package.use

Bullshit, I've been updating daily for like a year and a half and have never borked my system

do you even know what an LFS is?

You don't see a lot of jobs requesting experience with Arch. A lot more want Ubuntu/Debian or Fedora/CentOS. Why waste your time on something you can't turn into money?

Little File System. Give me some credit. Wait? Large File Sytem? No... Linux File Sytem. Maybe. Actually Linux Fan Sound. That's gotta be it.

You gotta be retarded if you think LFS is more productive than Gentoo

freebsd is literally no harder to use than anything else. It also has a handholding handbook that is about as retard friendly as the arch wiki.

Freebsd does have the benefit of running linux binaries slower than linux though, so theres that.

Also jails I guess, not that you even use them you fucking fat bastard.

If you know how to use Arch, you know how to use Ubuntu too, you retard. Think before you shitpost.

for learning purpouses it was for me, you learn to solve problems and how packages are glued, gentoo is stupid.

>mad because his shit os doesn't have jails

smart people would read a script before executing it

>Debian
>malware
kek kill yourself

Debian, Devian, Devil, Deviation,

Debian is for depravated people.

Gentoo

If I install gentoo with systemd, would that make you mad?
I think I'd enjoy making you mad.

It would be extremely irritating

>Some people's brains are simply too slow to get advantage of a Unix/POSIX system.
There is none. It even lacks features like thread-agnostic, non-blocking IO. Check out the PyParallel devs slides to know more about it.

You are a big guy.

It's on my to do list.

>He complains about user-made packages, none of which are endorsed or even recommended at all by the actual distro
Have you considered killing yourself?

I like Arch

wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment

debian spys on you to check if you have anti-sjw opinions

You forgot the shill, meme, waifu, cringe, nvidia/intel - amd, help me I'm retarded, etc. cancer.

Now that we're blogposting anyway:

> Laptop breaks, but need to compute
> Pull my rPi2 with Arch out of closet after 3 months because I need it
> Realize no cable in my new room, grab 2 year old wifi usb dongle
> Plug it in, recognized instantly
> wifi-manager was already installed because I foresaw shit like this, literally four buttons + wpa key
> pacman -Syyu, packer -Syyu, everything up to date in under 3 minutes
> copy nvimrc, :Bundleinstall
> everything just werks

Actually feels good man

4U