WE DID IT GUYS!

WE DID IT GUYS!

>Linux Desktop Marketshare Just Passed 2 Percent

omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/07/linux-marketshare-reaches-2-percent

Time to jump to a BSD.

Thank you, Windows 10

This is what happens when people don't work together to make a usable operating system. Now instead of having a single usable linux distro you all have 1 million different specual snowflake distros of use to fucking no one.

It's now mainstream, better change to Haiku

Nah we have a few more years before all the distros realize they make mega bucks by adding botnet to their releases.

Yeah, in a dying market of desktop computers, you managed to surpass Solaris in marketshare.

And for what? Linux is free software. Linux distros are free software.

>2 Percent

NEET

sudo apt-get purge botnet

there, now I'm free

Great !!!

Yeah sure they'll put it in a seperate package so you can remove it.

2016 year of linux fucking confirmed

Yep

Thats why we get a regi... I mean systemd

Are there no distro forks that refuse to use systemd? A rhetorical question.

>Linux for Niggers logo
Ah, those were the days

but now what? I personally don't feel 2%ty

It doesn't matter what distro people are on, though. They're all just using different versions of GNU and Linux depending on how fresh the packages the maintainers ship / if it's still maintained + different software out of the box.

>tfw I am no longer the 1%

While I am sure there were a decent amount of people who switched because of Windows 10, surely this huge gain is thanks to ChromeBooks. Earlier in the year they outsold MacBooks for the first time.

The problem with Gnu/Linux users is that they usually block spying scripts, so their machines don't show up in statistics. I'd say additional 10% of marketshare are people who dualboot but at the same time block all spying crap.

Im going to recommend mass uninstall of our 100 library computers ubuntu and install windows vista instead since its cheaper.

I know your tricks. You want them to pay you to do it and then you will charge them for support.

Yeah, I'm using noscript, although I do allow most sites through it due to how broken websites get from it. The article itself mentioned the measurement was probably inaccurate

>chromebooks
>""""""""""""""""""desktop""""""""""""""""""""

Block google analytics and facebook and you will drop out of 90% of these polls.

ah I actually do have those two blocked

Is this the part where you try to differentiate between desktop and laptop? this is as dumb as people saying Macs are not PCs.

The only reason desktop is said instead of computer here is because there are clearly many servers running GNU/Linux, but they are not browsing wikipedia and such.

Antergos uses chromium by default...

Thanks, Windows 10