Are we delidding our wanker?

i sure as fuck am

temps are 20C Lower.

you will not need a heatsink anynore

JOIN THIS NEW MEME

Nice

>new meme
They've been doing it for decades

Why do they put the lid back on when they're done?

Is this compensation for cutfags?

The heatspreader isn't a bad thing. But using shitty thermal paste is. Replacing it can give huge improvements

I remember when AMD CPU's didn't have a heat spreader and newfags and wannabe's were cracking cores with the latest thermalright copper sinks.You used to be able to take a graphite pencil and connect the L1 bridges too for maximum overcuck.

But you can run without it. You can even reduce the danger of cracked dies by using a shim. It comes to fractions of a millimeter from the top of the die.

Delidded my 4790k and now Gentoo compiles faster?? Is this normal or is it placebo

It's not the thermal paste quality(intel's is pretty dang good actually), but the gap between the heat spreader and die that is closed once delidded.

Also pic related is my 6700k after/before. Delidded it about 2 weeks ago.

the best part about delidding is that a $400 i7 is always on the line

also whats better is that lower temps make no differnce if in the 1st place temps didnt reach in the 90's while gaming

and what is the best fact is that i7's can run at 120C without damage. (you'd get gaming lag tho)

so ultimately delidding is a beautiful meme

Intel has a really nice thermal protection where you can even run without any sort of cooling and likely boot and do a couple tings before it protects itself from damage.

It's a glorious meme though as it helps identify the people who took a A+ cert class or something similar and think they're hot shit.

>i7's can run at 120C without damage. (you'd get gaming lag tho)

>can run 120C
>thermal throttles at 100C
>thermal throttling is "gaming lag"

Great advice bro, I can see you have skills

>32c now
>61c after

Lol nice job fucking up your CPU, retard.

Everyone point and laugh at this faggot! AHAHAHAHA

your max average was perfect for games.

you risked a $400 cpu for your autism trigger

Perfect for games with a headset sure. But my fans were bein' all fanny. ntm much over 4.5 and I was near tj max.

let's expound, not that it'll do anything.

thats a stupid fuckin reason. change fan profile in bios. from turbo to silent mode

remember that up to around 80C u will c no lagging in games

It was tipping 80 at max fanspeed and you think it wouldn't throttle with a quieter profile? Besides, as I said, I was limited OC-wise.

Remember what? 80C, I just corrected user that it throttles at 100C, anything under that and it wont lag. You need to go do some research before trying to call people out.

negro please. i never understood why people with high end i7's oc them. as far as i know your i7 is recent...i hope u didnt change voltage too

>max fanspeed

Sometimes I wonder if those speeds only exist to let users know their shit getting hot. Adding just a little air flow over a heat sink makes a huge difference. If your fan is pumping air though the fins so fast that it only raises a fraction of a degree in the time it spends in contact with your heatsink, then all that airflow isn't doing much.

As far as you know.. I said in my first post it's a 6700k.

People overclock i7s because games aren't multi-threaded. Core clock>thread count, 8 threads gets you absolutely nothing over a 6600k. And ofc I changed the vcore, but you wouldn't understand the implications around that either.

sometimes i wonder why we have fans at all

Keked

Was gaming with a friend's PC, the brand new CPU cooler that I just installed fell off the CPU (not joking), temps went to 100 °C in about a minute, the PC shut itself down for thermal protection. 30 mins and a proper reinstallation of the cooler later and the maximum temperature we got was 50 °C. Unless your PC is a furnace you should not worry, thermal protection is well implemented. CPU was a 2000 series i5, btw.