Hi, so today I want to talk about _________

>Hi, so today I want to talk about _________

post a topic Sup Forums doesn't talk about, but should. (technology related)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ZbncaV3f_bg3lShz615skNYnRG4DBEU
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8ZbncaV3f_bg3lShz615skNYnRG4DBEU&v=01ohun3QN0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's a big guy

Can we finally talk about gpu's? I've been wondering if I should buy a new 1080 as there is absolutely no information on Sup Forums about them. Also, are iPhones fake and gay? And should I be using Linux?

If you have money to throw out then yes.
Yes
Yes

Seeing the same thread again is boring OP, learn a new trick already

I enjoy doing photogrammetry work with drones and I've been messing with GIS stuff but I think that's outside the realm of Sup Forums.

No, Yes (can't even into webm), NO!

I'll teach your grandma to suck eggs

>photogrammetry
this is my thing, though I don't do it on large scale (no terrain, more like objects). any tips?

Have you seen Pix4D webinars? They're quite good for learning the basics, though Pix4d itself is kinda expensive if you just want to fuck around.

What software are you using to stitch your photos?
Are you georeferencing your models?
What kind of objects are you capturing?

You're mother is so fat, when she jump, she get stuck

I've only used Agisoft PhotoScan.

Scanned sculptures, people, statues, stuff like that.

>georeferencing
I don't even know what this means
>Pix4D webinars
never heard of it, do you have links to the webinars?

I should add: I use a normal camera, no drone.

Photoscan is decent enough, have a look at these webinars,

m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ZbncaV3f_bg3lShz615skNYnRG4DBEU

You don't need to watch them all since some of those cover agricultural GIS stuff, but they do explain in detail what are the best practices when capturing a scene and what kind of things you're supposed to avoid. You can use this knowledge to improve your results in photoscan.

One I would recommend is this one,
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8ZbncaV3f_bg3lShz615skNYnRG4DBEU&v=01ohun3QN0E

It shows how to merge different datasets (oblique and nadir pictures) captured with a drone, but you can basically capture objects in the same fashion without a drone by replicating the techniques shown there, provided the object isn't large.

Ensuring consistent picture overlap, static scenery, avoiding reflective / uniform textured surfaces, and a combination of oblique/nadir imagery usually produces good results

Georeferenced models allow you to make measurements of all kinds, including volumes, distances, area, etc

My work mainly consists of acquiring imagery with UAVs to produce large scale 3d models, maps, or point clouds, which are fully georeferenced, so that professionals can use this data in their work, e.g. surveying or precision farming.

wew, thanks lad. liking the webinar so far.

>robotics
battlebots Sup Forums championship incoming

Implications of TTIP/CETA, GB/England leaving the EU

the world is going down the drain, and the shit is hitting all fans from all sides and angles.

I'm gonna suggest cryptography, or rather not directly cryptography but how we as users can apply cryptography to keep ourselves safe.

Computers are getting less secure every day. From the companies that make them to 1337 hax0rs coming up with new inventive ways to infect machines.

Is trucrypt still safe? What other methods are available to protect data and protect against attacks?

>cryptography
this. but Sup Forums seems to be mostly edgy 16 year olds, or even less, with a strong passion for gpus and winblows 10, a couple of shills from each big company (amd, intel, nvidia) and some pajeets aggresively advertising a crap os, doing it for free.

>Is trucrypt still safe? What other methods are available to protect data and protect against attacks?

we've been discussing this for literally 2 years now with the news of truecrypt shutting down

Yeah but a bunch of shills and shitheads discussing it doesn't really mean shit when one person makes a single statement, and the succeeding comments are just flame wars sprinkled with tiny nuggets of irrelevant information.

So did he get sued?

No, it was nothing more than a viral marketing campaign to gain more subscribers, and Sup Forumstards got played like a fiddle.

You should have known this since reddit drones and all the freedomfags started shilling this "story".