Why are these guys taking years to get rid of flash?

why are these guys taking years to get rid of flash?

ikr I just want to watch epic pro streams in epic HTML5

because jeff is a jew

>livestreamer html5 support

but ya twitch guys are taking forever to roll out html5.

I thought they already had or maybe its just because i use chrome now instead of firefox because it crashes all the time

It's still Flash underneath the hood.

This. If Flash fucks up your computer, get Livestreamer Twitch GUI and VLC.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sup Forums cup uses twitch

no one but bots watches twitch

ok, what a waste of electricity then

They are testing HTML5 right now with select subscribers. Hopefully by the end of this month they begin rolling it out for everyone.

It does work with every player, not just VLC

>The good news is, we will start to beta test the full HTML5 video player in July! The HTML5 Player Beta will first open to Turbo subscribers. Based on the success of this initial test, we plan to steadily expand beta access to more users toward the end of the summer.

even with html5 streaming on the twitch website, livestreamer (twitch gui) will be superior... just look at the twitch website and how bloated it is, disgusting as fuck

Because they don't give a shit.

Twitch have been backwards since day 1. This is no surprise. It's because they are incredibly incompetent and are too busy hiring diversity > skill

Can't fucking wait till they go under, either from their own ineptitude or Google headhunting the largest streamers for YouTube Gaming

so youtube gaming is not a day 1 failure?

I bet you don't tell the anime posters to go back to Sup Forums, hypocrite.

i miss own3d.tv

it uses flash as the front end, not underneath

works fine without flash if you use the best browser: Microsoft Edge for Windows 10

incompetent devs

theyve been "testing" html5 for years now but somehow have time to create bullshit like "social eating" and buying little donation tokens. theyre incompetent as fuck.

Social eating is technology

This is a company that switched from Rails to Python and still has outages every day. They're not exactly competent.

> Python
Meant to say Django.

Flash hasn't affected their viewer base who are mainly on PCs and use Windows already. No one who plays video games cares about FOSS else they wouldn't be playing them.

And live streaming over HTML5 is a clusterfuck with no native solutions on the horizon.

Because they still make money without paying devs to build a HTML 5 version of the site

gnome twitch is ok too. i like it a bit better myself.

livestreamer + mpv is fucking godsent

twitch will ban you for anything while letting the cash cows go unbanned

>twitch
>watching others play games

>games
>watching
Grow up manchildren

They have HTML5 now but it's only available to "Turbo" users.
They said that they'll get rid of Flash by the end of summer.

HTML5 works now, it is only default on turbo users so far, but it's there.

If you disable flash in your browser, it will work.

No, we use Hitbox now.

/thread

Also they are a web service, so they are massive faggots by default, like Sup Forums.

What has switching from shitty web framework A to B to do with outages?

>35 replies
>no correct answer

its because of ads, its hard to do them in HTML5 because advertising companies have hard time with HTML5 or some shit. Its also easier to adblock.

>no correct answer
we've already said they have shit devs, read thread before assuming superiority fucking inbred

Hey at least twitch added chaturbate tokens with like a 50% cut which gives the streamers way less than donating through PayPal.

WHO KNOWS
FUCKING SHIT SUCKS MAKES ME ANGRY

>watching twitch on your browser

I tried livestreamer but for some reason it always gave me a timeout when loading the stream. Not sure what's wrong.

try
livestreamer --loglevel debug URL best

calm down and google livestreamer twitch gui

probably latency and ads

Why does livestreamer twitch gui use so much fucking resources?

it only uses like 5% cpu on my laptop, what do you mean.

>Twitch
>Run by competent administrators who have the faintest idea how to deliver media

Pick exactly one

>5% CPU for a GUI
lol

Yes because they didn't expand their categories to drawing gambling and other shit.
Go be grumpy somewhere else grandpa.

I feel like twitch is going downhill it started with some whores displaying pre recorded footage and then proceeding to pretty much seduce 12 yr olds into subscribing or donating then doing nothing to channels that clearly were bot viewing and how bad the servers were and the latest is the Bits bullshit.
If that company doesn't sink i'll be surprised

HTML5 streaming is still really bad for the most part

How much would you like to bet on that?

Your mother's anal virginity.

So none?

that's because there is no standard for it