/privacy/

This is the official anti-botnet thread!

Only people who care about privacy are welcome here.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/06/demonically-clever-backdoor-hides-inside-computer-chip/
eweek.com/security/home-computers-connected-to-the-internet-arent-private-court-rules.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

privacy is a meme

ITT: insufferable pedos

>cares about privacy
>accesses the internet
>posts on Sup Forums

lol

Found the stupid Drumpf-voter.

Holy shit take that tinfoil hat off. There's no "botnet" it's only an imaginary boogeyman inside your head.

MAKE AMERICA G R E A T AGAIN

Hello Mr NSA

Newfag spotted. This should be a /FUCKO/ thread

You can't escape hardware backdoors

/thread

Reverse engineer firmware and write a free as in freedom alternative.

VIA, ARM, what ever the fuck Russia uses, etc.

You'd have to steal intel's signing key first

Whoa whoa whoa! Watch out guys. We got hackerman 9001 over here!
>just reverse engineer it
>write code able to rival the NSA spyware
Ok haus

Things like intel ME and amd PSP requires a strong digital signature so you can't replace them easily and disabling them in any way cause the cpu to stop booting.

You clearly don't realise that there are hardware backdoors that you can't fix with software. E.g.
wired.com/2016/06/demonically-clever-backdoor-hides-inside-computer-chip/

>Be me
>Work in infosec
>Know how horrible everything is
>Tell everyone who's interested
>Try my best but it's impossible to get around Google, Apple and Facebook. (I do have friends, you should try it Sup Forums)
>Thinking about privacy saddens me enormously
>Anno 2000+2^4 privacy is still a joke

Literally what can you do? I OTR/Signal sensitive things but you can't convince normies to do so. Even tech literate friends are talking way to open on fb chat according to my comfort levels.

Privacy violations also increasing rapidly with all this bombings.

>hold me Sup Forums

>tech literate
>facebook chat

you have a weird definition of tech literate

nice meme

>starts greentext with be me
>capitalizes greentext sentences
>finishes with another incorrect use of greentext

Nice try NSA.

?? I have more friends than you and don't use any of those you dumb ape.

The NSA has hardware level backdoors. There is no escape

You've gotten delusional from being on Sup Forums too much. Do you have any idea what slim percentage of people is not on fb in the western world? Yes that includes a lot of tech literate people including me and a lot of Sup Forums no matter how hard you dislike it.

Also these are the friends I'm also using e2e encrypted chat with. They just have a higher comfort level on fb than me.
On mobile so it's capitalizing, couldn't be bothered to fix it. Go cry about the last green text I don't give a shit.
I have quality friends, bragging about quantity is just laughably dumb in this context. But hey whatever makes you sleep at night.

lmao look at this mad kiddo

Why don't you losers just quit the Internet? It's not like you have anything important to do on it anyways.

Shitposting is important, user

The Internet itself is the botnet. Consider peer-to-peer solutions like meshnet.

the best part is the one where the construction workers also brought a lot of the dangers that you need a fence for

>Reverse engineer firmware
>reverse engineer a fucking RSA signature that is require to even start intel/amd processor
you have nice on your cottage.

REALLY MAKES YA THINK

>concerned about privacy
>using a computer
>not living in some sentinelese tribe

get botnetted, fuckin pleb

valid assumptions because hillary sure will support our privacy :^)

This
Don't /thread your own post, reddit newfriend

What's good for E-Mail? Don't want to switch to "cock.li" since I'm worried it will go down at some point.

Who would have thought social justice advocate #32347's greatest fear was a bunch of words?

Own server.

Gentoo. Or the ultra-secure Mailinator.

Protip: The internet is a not secured network

Privacy in any meaningful form on the Internet has never existed.

Protip: Unless you are actively conspiring or plotting something. Three letter agencies don't give a shit about you.

You can use a Raspberry Pi as a mail server. It's not free as in free beer but it's free as in freedom since you have full control over it.

Democracy doesn't work without privacy

I'm curious, how do you reach this conclusion?

protonmail is starting to look good

Common sense

Are there any better alternatives to Snort? Was gonna set up an IPS on a raspberry pi or something and wasn't sure what my best option would be/

Why the fuck do people care about back doors in their CPU? If they have access to your machine and its encryption is unlocked, then you're fucked.
>But muh TPM
Good encryption software doesn't rely only on TPM.

*democracy doesn't work

No, you fucking can't

What choices do we have smartass? A cunt who will bring backwards savage goatfuckers to the US of A or someone who has a misguided view on privacy and will not bring in backwards savage goatfucker into the country?

You most certainly can.

Fuck off bootlicking faggot

Reminder that a librebooted board is the best computer ever.

Is (x/l)ubuntu privacy friendly?

The only issue I recall was Amazon apps which were tracking be default in some older version.

>graphics require nonfree blob which limits you from playing many codecs unless you get a key
>boot firmware is proprietary

>install Windows 10
>block MS servers
>uninstall bloatware
>botnet free Windows 10

Only took 3 lightweight programs to make Windows 10 botnet free. Anyone else happy to have privacy in Windows 10?

>Fear about privacy

He uses android/ios

*democracy only works when my choice wins

>graphics require nonfree blob which limits you from playing many codecs unless you get a key
Irrelevant. Run the server over serial.

>boot firmware is proprietary
The Broadcom SOC. ASIC's and microcode. No actual BIOS or firmware.

But again, says you can't run an rPI as an email server. It runs just fine as such.

And yet nobody gets what they want. Take a look on France's last election

When there's no good choice, you can't just create one out of thin air. Spain was left (I swear to god I'm not trying to be funny here) with no proper choice in the two last elections, but people still voted towards something. A majority of people chose something. Like choosing between getting fucked in the ass or the mouth.

Anything that isn't Ubuntu Unity is fine for privacy. Unity's shopping lens was the issue, but Canonical disabled it by default in the latest Ubuntu releases.

What he meant by that?

>Implying you can block the botnet from within the botnet

Wrong. Most people that voted on the two big fish would have preferred voting on a third one that was more moderated.
He would win. Also, only you can represent yourself.

Privacy is a way to prevent pakistaneses to be killed by Geocell (NSA+NGA), but keep meming.

(Sorry, I don't mean to keep this tripcode.)

Trump has no real economic plans, he's just saying random bullshit all the time.

Still better than Shillary tho.

explain.

Protonmail is pretty good security (unless 80% of your mails are to a Googlegroups mailing list).

fucking neo-Sup Forums lads

Which is the case a lot of time unfortunately

Jesus Christ, it's like there is no documentation about the NSA anywhere.

>"today, intelligence is like searching something in a big sea, something that's maybe a fish, or maybe not."
>Kill chain accelerated from 18 to 300 raids per month in Pakistan
>What is Geocell

Holy shit how can one be that cynical, that's unbelievable.

Yep, but I least my mails don't get hacked twice a year. And in most cases I can help to switch to something else (riseup.net, ccc, etc.).

I stopped using protonmail when they showed me
how much they give no fucks about bug reports. Even if said reports are security related

First Past The Post is broken

You can block it through your modem, but good luck in installing security fixes then.

>Y U NO install FOSS

>having 3.33 on your system
garbage

Yeah sure, but I wouldn't delete it for saving 10GB. And it's probably important to understand what will follow.

Ahh, good - no, GREAT GOY! ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT THEIR ENTIRE PRIVACY INVADED IS A DANGEROUS CHILD MOLESTOR!

Hang yourselves.

Let's be honest, Internet privacy is dead. Just use the Internet for the entertainment, nothing more. Fucking postal service is more secure at that point.

>2016
>fell for privacy meme
>using the internet

Home Computers Connected to the Internet Aren't Private, Court Rules

eweek.com/security/home-computers-connected-to-the-internet-arent-private-court-rules.html

>I'll throw away my privacy, security, and Constitutional rights just for the prospect of kicking out some brown people
you're being sold oceanfront property in Nebraska, and you're falling for it, hook, line, and sinker.

Alrighty, have fun getting stabbed to death by a Muzzie for drinking beer on your front porch, I don't give a shit

I guess I'm uninformed, when did Clinton say she was going to purposely increase immigration of the muslim community?

>Someone is stupid enough to believe this

Rights before "safety"

There's no safety with either anyway, but at least one of them isn't a rapist apologist, kkk sympathizer, a contract killer and traitor to the contry. *cough* Hillary *cough*

post?

I want to kiss ed on the lips

this, I use it for my chinese pen pals

What's slick eddy doing nowadays?

making threads on Sup Forums about his tweets

If you don't understand 3.33 already, you're fucking retarded.

Is PrivacyBadger the only extension I need, or do I still need Ghostery and other stuff?

Ok.

>Who are the guys Shinji's dad is talking to
>What is the human instrumentality project
>Who/what is Kowaru
>etc.

I'd add that I watched it in English when being a non-native English speaker to train myself. And I want to watch it again with mpv, which seems to have better lights.

Keep derailing the thread desu.

I don't really know what PrivacyBadger does, and no one does because it's a neuronal network so it can do a lot of things based on what you do.

I'd suggest you NoScript and uBlock Origin, however NoScript is optional.

I heard Ghostery was fucky, something about jews in commands or whatever
Look into µBlock/µMatrix

Just like it's impossible to block ads from a Google made Web browser, right?

Don't worry, it's not that you have poor english skills or anything like that.

You're asking the wrong questions. A simple test is determining what would be the outcome of knowing the answer. Considering all of those questions you've asked along with more or less every other question, the answer is that nothing changes.

Regardless of who the guys Shinji's dad is talking to, regardless of what the human instrumentality project is and regardless of who Kaworu is, 3.33 and Rebuild will still sport extremely shallow characters tied to an entirely unbelievable and poorly written story line.

Instead, accept that 3.33 exists to show and convince you of something, and that it already has achieved that. The point of 3.33 is not the substance that it doesn't have, it's the superficial commodities that it does have.

So it doesn't matter that Shinji's dad is talking to some guys, or what the instrumentality project is - it only needs to exist as a plot device and a diversionary element. The truth is that 3.33 served you undiluted otaku pandering straight in the face, Kaworu being a major part of it.

Not knowing who/what Kaworu is specifically is in fact the entire point, because it then allows the viewer with low standards to pick an ideal solution. No substance, only pure escapism-fuel is what 3.33 is.

All in all it exists as Anno's otaku rampage, because he could never get over the fact that Rei was more loved than his own favorite characters ever were. This is his way to patch those wounds, by humiliating Rei and by punishing anyone in the series who attempts to care for the character, thus getting back at the viewer.

It's a pathetic mess.

You literally just need ublock origin, you can also use the good parts from disconnect through ublock

Yeah, but you know there's going to be a next season, right? I'd prefer to judge at this moment.

Thanks for the lengthy answer anyway, I keep that in mind.