/fmwt/ - Friendly Microsoft Windows Thread

Previous:

Welcome to /fmwt/.

We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.
Please be civil & polite, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Microsoft Windows Thread.

You may ask for help or advice with anything involving Microsoft Windows.
Before asking, please search for the answer to your question using bing or google.

microsoft.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/windowslies/blockwindows
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Windows is becoming fully accepted on Sup Forums
This board is dead.

At least 50% of Sup Forums uses or dual boots Windows.

topkek
my fucking sides

I love you Sup Forums

NSA/Windows*

Most of them are Sup Forums spillovers.

pajeet pls

Are these threads meant to be ironic or am I missing something? Did Sup Forums seriously start to like Microsoft?

Does it matter?

It's either a shill or a Sup Forums spillover. Probably a Sup Forums spillover since they've been taking over Sup Forums the last few years. Either way, Sup Forums is fucked.

No, this shit fest is clearly bait

Fuck off

That doesn't change the fact using windows on Sup Forums is accepted and soon to be expected.

This is not a consumer support forum. Get out

Why are Linux threads allowed, then?

Because Most linux distros are not consumer products

Yes they are.

People do not pay for Linux distros, pajeet. Your shilling is quite obvious.

They're not consumer operating systems and the users are more intelligent.

>pajeet
Would you finally stop this racist shit meme?
Take your anti india crap back to dumb memer.

Seriously Sup Forums how old are you? 12?

poo in the loo at

>loo memes
10/10 argument, I concede.

This is what Linux users actually believe.

Discussing operating systems is technology.

>the users are more intelligent.
Totally. Proven by this very board.

This is bait.

Windows users can't do anything without asking for help. On Linux, you'll get help if you made the effort to read the manual and documentation.

Ah, ran out of arguments, I see,
We already had enough of this currysoft shilling lately. Get the fuck back to your designeted shitting street

My toilet bowl is also technology.

And /wsr/ is for tech help. Are you saying /wsr/ is irrelevant? Complaining against Sup Forums?

So Windows users can't do anything without asking for help, and Linux users can't do anything without asking for help despite having read the manual and the documentation?

>the guy who retorts with DESIGNATED memes without context accuses someone of running out of arguments
wew lad

There are people who are either too old, too lazy or too retarded to switch from Windows. Those people also deserve a place to discuss the operating system and help each others.

Sup Forums isn't your secret hacker clubhouse.

No, what I'm saying is that windows users are the ones who make all the tech support threads and they're not wanted here. Linux users are expected to try to figure it out themselves

It's not a meme. Indian shills are shilling in this very board

Sup Forums is not your customer support board either. This is a tech board and anons don't want this place to be filled with dumb, technology inept windows users with their "how do I crack my antivirus XDDD" threads

>Indian
indian*

That's not false. All computer illeterate people use windows. You cannot just argue with this

>This is a tech board
And Windows, like it or not, is technology.

Then why is half of the catalog filled with Linux threads and support requests?

Where do I sign up? Getting paid for shitposting on Sup Forums would be my dream job.

>illeterate
Freetards, everyone.

>It's not a meme. Indian shills are shilling in this very board

No newfriend. There are no shills on Sup Forums, only trolls ruining the board for the LULZ.

Use your brain.

I'm not, I'm saying that the people here who use Linux are ALSO tech illiterate, otherwise they wouldn't be posting here.

Read the sticky and my post again. This is NOT your consumer support board

There are posts such as "Evangelists"

Is that how you are going to argue? Too weak

>too old
On Sup Forums? Doubt it.

> too lazy
And we should help these shiftless cunts why?

> or too retarded
And we should encourage these fleshwaste maki posters why?

You arguments are invalid. If you are too fucking stupid to be able to use the most ubiquitous and comprehensively covered OS on the planet without a fucking general, you have no place on Sup Forums. /wsr/ would be a far more appropriate board if you still want to pander to these fucklords.

>Not your secret club
See pic related

To be fair, there are cases where an user is forced to use windows, the cancer is anons who use it unironically.

>LULZ

What fucked up /r/Sup Forums clone did you come from?

Hahaha nice denial.

That's now how you say "Yeah, okay I agree that windows users are computer illiterate"

>Read the sticky and my post again. This is NOT your consumer support board
And I've never asked for support. Besides, most of Sup Forums wouldn't be able to answer the questions I have regarding Microsoft stuff anyway.

How is using Windows for a purpose that Linux or OS X cannot fulfill "unironic" and therefore cancerous?

I'm not entirely sure what specific logical flaw that is, but every tech illiterate person using Windows is not the same as every Windows user being tech illiterate.

Obviously troll threads. Seriously, how retarded are you. That's Linux users baiting other Linux users.

There is nothing wrong with the word lulz, I do agree user is clearly using it wrong.

You never asked them? This thread is DESIGNED for consumer support. Are microsoft care forums not enough for you?

All of those are not trolls

If you are using windows you are statistically more likely to be computer illiterate

Sysadmin taking requests
2003 to 2012 R2 / Exchange / Network / VPS

>You never asked them?
With the exception of three questions in /hsg/, no. Most of Sup Forums doesn't even know what Exchange or SCCM is, let alone how to do anything with it.

What's the best way to make Windows 10 useable without most of the spying? Anyone got some guides/script to share?

You probably forgot to read the rest of my post but here it goes again:
>This thread is DESIGNED for consumer support. Are microsoft care forums not enough for you?

Because Windows has a 90%+ marketshare. I'm still not sure what your argument is supposed to be, unless it's the standard "windows is for dumb casuals xD YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP".

by installing Linux, or
There are scripts on github/google that automate the process.
nothing you can't do manually / cmd

How much yer making per month?

The best way is to run windows within a virtual machine with no internet access.

>Because
I see you are not even disagreeing any more, dear "more likely to be retard"

For Exchange 2013 - Best way to handle separate CAS without a physical load balancer?

>windows is for dumb casuals
Not entirely false. Tell me why should dumb casuals ruin Sup Forums?

Is it true that old versions of Windows like Windows 95 are free? If so, where can I downloade them?

Ashamed to give you a number, less than i ever made in my life.

it depends on the company you work for.

The only free windows is 10 to be honest
Just go to piratebay

I'm too dumb for GPU passthrough and want to keep Windows 10 for gaming, so I'm searching for a way to make it useable while dual booting.

>free
gratis!

How much did you enjoy your job?

Remote virtualization?

How do I get windows server to download the same drivers that client windows computers use?

Go over to microsoft tech support sites.

Who gives le fuck

I don't wana

>ITT
Micropajeets running out of arguments

The core argument here is that Linux support threads are more "deserved" on Sup Forums, because the only people who would use Windows are obviously the ones who've never HEARD of Linux, unlike us underground intellectuals.

Most people here who aren't morons and have an actual job are forced to use Windows or Windows software in one way or another. The height of sophisticated discussion that is Sup Forums might consider stooping down to help such people make the best of an otherwise undesirable situation, as opposed to spamming INSTALL GENTOO which is obviously something you can just DO in the real world.

Either both types of threads are fine, or any question of any kind is redirected to /wsr/ without context, which would be dumb. If you're upset with Sup Forums kids posting easily Googleable questions, ignore it.

>ignore it
That's a nice way to open the flood gates for Sup Forums babbies. Sup Forums has a larger traffic than Sup Forums and this will allow to them to turn Sup Forums their personal tech support board.

And no, windows threads are not fine.
1. There are proper places you can ask/discuss windows issues with paid professionals
2. Windows is not a community based project. No amount of discussion will make changes to any of Microsofts future decisions.
3. This will essentially legalise every other product support thread sicnce they are "also technology XDDDD". So in future we'll see:
HP SUPPORT THREAD
EPSON THREAD
KELVINATOR THREAD
etc.

I don't have any customers with separate cas desu.
separate VM would do the trick usually

Not so much, but i learned quite a few things

Yeah, I'm using multiple VM's, but having issues with the CAS VIP's responding to autodiscover.

Though for E15, there really isn't a point in separating CAS and MBX anyway. Guess it's time to adapt.

Why is there so much shitposting in here? Why can Linux have it's general but not Windows? Are you guys jealous of Windows' success or something?

See

If we allow windows threads, it will open a pandoras box of never ending support threads for everything else.

Could you project a bit fucking harder, please?

Sup Forums is already filled with trolls and Sup Forums babbies, no amount of banning or stickies will change that. They have ALREADY turned Sup Forums into their personal tech support board. Even if they haven't, what precious fucking content here do you wish to save? What part of Sup Forums's intellectual and cultural community deserves to be free of people from Sup Forums asking how to format a disk? Is it the desktop threads, the Android ricers or the moe avatarfags? Or the "programming generals" filled with uni students and entry level code monkeys who haven't used anything other than JS in their lives. Perhaps it's the endlessly repeating [POPULAR PIECE OF HARDWARE JUST CAME OUT, COMPETING COMPANY NAME IS FINISHED] threads?

Get over it, Sup Forums is shit. It's been shit for a long time. People asking about Windows and learning to make use of it better at least has some kind of a positive impact on the world.

It's sad to see all these butthurt linux users and their stupid, 9gag-style "Pajeet", "street shitting" and "shills" arguments. Tells a lot about the linux community.

I fail to see any mature counter argument in your post.

Try reading it again, then.

Re-reading a post void of relevant response is pointless

See

is there an up to date list of the windows updates that are causing this?

also is there an easier way to remove them? for some reason microsoft made it so the search bar won't find them when i type in the update number. im sure this wasn't intentional.

Sick burn there, 10/10. I concede my argument.

>hating on a friendly discussion thread
>ignoring all the drake, maki, pepe and >he fell for the %s meme shit

Oh look, another dense windows fuck who can't google "disable windows 10 update"

This thread is top quality.

Try this.

github.com/windowslies/blockwindows

google and microsoft are in cahoots trying to stop me from sticking with windows 7

i dualboot debian btw

>People asking about Windows and learning to make use of it better at least has some kind of a positive impact on the world.

this. many people here use windows and they deserve a place for helping each others so they at least don't need to take the spying dick balls deep

>Shits the thread up with bullshit
>Complains about thread quality

Lol why. Who would need to beg unemployed neckbeards on the internet for support for fucking windows?

I didn't start the fire user, I'm just enjoying it's warmth.

thanks friend
/csg/ is talking about socks, i think windows threads are a-ok

Friendly discussion and users helping earch others is not support. Also please stay friendly. This is a friendly thread, my friend.

/csg/, /ptg/ are neo shitposters. Do you know what allowed them to be here? Ignorance.

However I DO agree those two theads are more cancerous.
>Literal shopping general
>Literal torrent thread

We could just have a shopping board, and we already have one for torrents. A dedicated Sup Forums-based tech support board on the other hand (for Linux, Windows, Android, OS X and peripherals) is something we don't have, and would be something there is a demand for. Fuck, I might genuinely frequent it myself. You can't have a board dedicated to all things technology and filter out half of the people who frequent it because they're "noobs" or lazy.

If you want to get rid of Sup Forums babbies, make a Sup Forums support board with a gigantic, easy to peruse sticky that solves most common issues. The current one is fucking useless, and nobody ever reads it.

more like this?

See