Pls go no not pass go

hey Sup Forums I have an idea.
Since there is a large amount of new tripfags shitting up our board, as well as new stupid generals every day, we should start a community filter to filter out all the garbage.
Anytime you see a tripfa gs, add it to the filter list. We can add it to 4chanX or even just manually update our list every once in a while to keep everyone in sync. We can keep it in a pastebin or something.

barely anyone bothers to filter tripcancers, but when potentially good newfriends come along, they see tripfags and the attention they get and want a piece of the pie. this, in turn, leads to more triptumors shitting all over the place.

we need to get on top of this

I think it would be a great way to make Sup Forums a better place for everyone.

once their posts stop being seen, they will be forced to either stop using the trip code or go back to reddi t.

adding a way to sync to the master filter list to the sticky and wiki would be great too.

how can we organize this? let's get some ideas.

>inb4 i'll make the logo
>inb4 tripfags shitting up the thread
>inb4 op can't inb4

thanks

Tripfags are hardly the problem. Videogamefags with their GPU and build threads should fuck off, that's all.

Or

Juat set everyones name to anonymous.

Bingo

this posts would be attention-seeking cancer even without the name. they need to be filtered.

block generals

I've seen some that are using known/public tripcodes.

I filter most generals and consumer shit

it would be great to add those entries to the master filter. the more people filtering them, the better it is, because eventually the cancer that make those threads will realize that they only get 2 replies because nobody sees them. then they'll stop making them, and we would have more room for better threads.

actually now that I think about it only some generals are problems. all the new ones, basically. some are an important part of board history and culture, or just have quality discussion. dpt, sqt, fglt, and wt can stay.
fuck everything else.
We could vote on which to keep and which to axe

How would it be cancer if it was walled off from you?

Also the problem extends past generals. Even though we now have graphics card general, theirs still gpu ops.

Dont bother trying to fix Sup Forums, everyone tries and fails. You obviously dont even know what to do, a 16 wouldnt be expected to anyway

but we can block whatever we want. block everything with the words nvidia or amd in it for all I care. As long as it reduces the amount of noise on the board.

see 's filter.

Walled gardens are never a good approach.

Youre not changing anything at all.

sink or swim

Is there even anything left then?

>itt
>wahhh
part of the problem

Yes, you fucking idiot

l2regex
/^!/

But I like tpg :^(

>using the smiley with a carat nose

unmask it on your end then. that at least it's not as cancerous as windows threads and mpv shilling

bump you cancerous shitholes

This

Completely agree