For those who have used both android and iOS

For those who have used both android and iOS
Which one do you like better and why ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ios always shits itself after a couple updates, buy android.

I prefer iOS, i find that it's simplicity and restrictiveness prevents me from messing around with it 24/7. It just werks, and it works very well out of the box.

The default home screen is much better than any android launcher.

Overall, I think it has a higher quality look than android.

at least apple provide updates

Ios is nice and polished, but I love the freedom of messing around with my phone as a hobby now. And I'm an android dev now so android is a must.

I tried android but my boyfriend's son broke it. Now I'm running iOS and it's simply beautiful.

Have used both and desu - iOS. I can't be assed dealing with the botnet tracking, ads & apps that require stupid privacy invasive permissions. I have also used cyanogenmod and riced etc etc. and have grown tired of the novelty plus potential security issues. iOS Just Werks™, it is very secure on the latest hardware, the apps are of higher quality, no fragmentation like on Android and on and on.

>my boyfriend's son

how's he dealing with having 2 daddies?

I'm a woman

Had both.
Don't really care about them,
Both can run some messenger apps like telegram you can make phonecalls with them and all this casual stuff.

I don't get why Sup Forums is fighting over who has the better toy. I don't get this fucking hype.
I don't get Sup Forums

Android is better is you want more control over your phone as well as do more with it, iOS is better if you just want something that's simple and good looking.

If you need to ask it's because you have too much time on your hands.
Cellphone's a cellphone no matter what OS you installed

>The SIM cards are backdoored to hell anyways famer.

tits, or gtfo.

Can't stand IOS's design, I just adore Google's material design.
Both run smooth
Android is more open
IOS isn't gimped on normie apps
I'm staying with Android

iOS provide great ecosystem and entertainment, having got few devices from theirs you also get the support and convenience, ideal for people who have no time to set everything up, "just werks". However, Android has some niche features and additions, like PS2/PSP emulators, ability to set up a e-mail/SSH server on your phone, connect flash drives, customization, etc. Android became stable enough to work as its own, my S2 still work flawlessly, even though the phone is definitely outdated and I had to delete and mod everything. There is not much you can do with old iPhone, still remember these snappy iOS 6 devices.

Well, if Android phone is a matter of taste, I don't get the point of getting Android tablet.

Isn't that a bit sexist?

I have only used Android but I can tell you Android 4.3 is best

nufag

>>/out/

still a cuck

Sorry?

I think you are the newfag

> sexist
>>>/tumblr/

Why should I go to tumblr? Can't we establish a hate-free zone here on Sup Forums?

You can't go wrong with either. I like the control and flexibility of Android though. Sideloading apps is easier, I can block ads easier, external storage is possible, downgrading is possible.

Not even baiting

buy a nexus then nigger

That depends of many things.

>Android
If you're using a half a GB of RAM with KitKat and a 3.5 inch display your experience will be shit. If you have a 5.7 inch AMOLED display, root access, a custom mm ROM and 4GB RAM the experience is amazing. With Android you just have to choose good hardware the plays nice with the OS. The means choose a phone with an unlockable or pre unlocked bootloader and good community support.

>iOS
Absolute disappointment. I was promised a swiss army knife with 20 blades and lighter. Instead it came with an incredibly small Philips screwdriver and two matches. Jailbreaking is the only way to use your device how it should be used. Why can't I change my icons? What about a dark mode? What about downgrading apps? Not being able to downgrade my OS is probably the biggest kick in the balls. It provides no additional security since downgrades (signed or unsigned) wipe the phone completely. If Apple would start signing all firmwares in iTunes I might by another iPhone. Also there needs to be a classic mode that makes the latest iOS 9.3.2 look like iOS 6.1.3. The new flat look is dog shit.

In conclusion Android is better because you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. It's not constantly punching you in the balls with restrictions on practical and useful things.

back in summer 2010 when I got my first smartphone
I found out that android could run web streaming flash video
my choice was made before ever walking into the store

No, that isn't the point in a website where everyone is anonymous and can talk freely, if you wanna go somewhere "hate-free" Tumblr is a great option, because everyone has to agree with a given opinion or die.

I moved onto android since I hated the bloat and and lack of customization that iOS offered. Also a few practical features that aren't given onto itself which annoyed me. Never though about switching back since I switched.

Android

This is bullshit. The current iOS is stable and responsive as fuck.

Gtfo u fuckin sjw

>A problem occurred with this web page so it was reloaded
Wait until you start getting this motherfucking error, it's literally impossible to fix.

>buying Google's newest metadata NSA backdoor
>paying for the opportunity to have your personal data auctioned off to the highest bidder

what is a factory reset? You are obviously autistic but not a technology savant, try trains.

Android. I used to own an iPhone 6S plus and suffered all the problems from pic related. You have to admit, Apple does a great job at marketing their dogshit phones. Deeply regret I ever fell for this fucking retarded meme.

Is that how you're supposed to fix errors on iOS? LMAO

Get out.

This. Currently using an android phone but next is gonna be back to ios. I've switched back and forth like 4 times now btw.

>has to factory reset the whole phone because of a web page

woah...so this is the power of........apple

Android, it's not locked down. If iOS was as open as Android was it'd be the better system. BB10OS is better than both though.

As opposed to "come right in well repair it in store!"
Le 3 weeks later meme
"Here's your brand new refurbished phone! We actually threw the other in lava, but this one was ran over by the pope, so apps are holier than ever! Enjoy faggot! No update for you"

Rolled with Android for ages. Switched to Apple's walled garden when work bought me a MBPr. Loved the MBPr and switched to iOS because itjustworks.gif. Also won't switch back because Google's privacy is horrific and I trust Apple more due to their recent public stances on privacy.

Both Android and iOS are great and anyone who thinks otherwise is an unbalanced individual being overprotective about their purchase.

I buy android because I like having control over things most people don't give a fuck about.

Who cares. Buy a phone/computer/car/dildo that offers the features you want. Why do people always have to argue over shit that doesn't matter.

If you think an iPhone is stylish, or comfy or whatever congrats. If you want to use an OS that has many hardware alternatives (some better, some worse) buy Android.

Both sides have phones for manlet hands, and small TVs.

Nothing against you OP, just tired of seeing these threads senpai.

Android, with a custom rom, no gapps, only apps form F-Droid, xposed framework, and no gapps.

ios is for cops and their affiliates

Back button

Front button

Windows 10 mobile

Been using apple phones (free/hand-me-downs) for the past five years now and feel I should get off my ass and buy an android. What phone would you Sup Forumsuys recommend. Was thinking I might get a 6p or shall I wait?

Poo

Fucking this. I have both. They're the same shit for 99% of people.

Apple can't play webm.

Yes it can

>iCloud.

Android is a better fit to my needs. The reason is that it is way more flexible than iOS.

iOS isn't bad. In fact, it is way more polished than Android. It is just the matter of the needs of the user. If you need a phone that just works, buy an iPhone. If you need flexibility, buy an Android.

Without having to jailbreak or download some shitty made app full of ads? No thanks jamal

buy a xiaomi then, faggot
They keep miui pretty fresh with android releases too

Android because it's less restrictive, even though some features may not work on unofficial ROM.
iOS is OK, but only with jailbreak. I'd say its file management is bearable.

Yeah, get a 6P.

IOs is great for normies, and is pretty fast.
Android is better if you like doing geeky wacky shit.

iOS is overall the worst mobile operating system that can ever exist for a phone. Heavily locked down and causes older iPhones to lag with each new update. I'm glad I switched to Android for good.

ez

At least you'd have to update to make iOS shit itself.

>but I love the freedom of messing around with my phone as a hobby now

>messing around with my phone
>as a hobby

iOS is like a fistfight with one hand behind your back. Android is like having a full arsenal of weapons, except sometimes they misfire and blow up in your hands. I only stuck with android because I don't want to pay the apple tax.

XD

Android
I can actually do simple shit like moving files simply

Ricing isn't the only reason Android has like 99% phone market share. See

>current year
>still based on kitkat

I'll shy you away from Android, prone to malware infections, phishing scams, and the OS is just generally unstable. As much as I really want to like how pretty it looks it just doesnt function right.

Try putting that on your cv next time your mom nags to you to move out of the basement and get a job.

Pathetic. Stop evading my filters and put your trip back on.

trip?

>and causes older iPhones to lag with each new update

I'm using iOS 9 on a 2012 iPhone and it works perfectly, better than most of its previous itinerations. Could an equally aged Android phone achieve that?

android doesn't even have updates

there are phones manufactured in 2016 that are still running 5.2

Android has like a "99%" phone market share because it's cheap and flexible, not because of anything else, if Microsoft wasn't fucking retarded they could have easily grabbed that dominance.

I think it boils down to how much you wanna get fucked in the ass. iOS will do that nicely be restricting what you can do on your phone and lacking very basic features like a native file browser. Android won't.

Only a tripfag would be pathetic enough to take a screenshot of their own post and spam it over and over again and keeps linking back to it in every thread they posted it on, no matter how irrelevant it is to what the other person was saying.

I'm not a tripfag though. I didn't even know what trip was until now. I only spam that pic because it triggers aplel users and that makes me feel all fuzzy inside I've hurt their feelings when they turn into super sour grapes. Have you ever heard of something called "fun"?

It triggers people because it's 50% cherry picked and 50% utter bullshit.

Whatever, getting a rise out of people by being or pretending to be retarded is babbys first trole. Lurk more newfag.

iOS
Android feels so disjointed
Cydia's tweaks and apps are much better than android's
In the end, iOS is the most customizable.

iOS is massively better performing and polished. Everything just feels so much smoother, responsive, and well through out. But the biggest difference is the quality of 3rd party apps: they're abysmal on Android compared to iOS.

The advantage of Android is 1. cheaper hardware and 2. more open. Openness used to be over-rated when iOS was easy to jailbreak, but those days seem to be over. Not as big a deal as it would have been in the past, through, as Apple has really added a lot of missing features to iOS recently.

ignoring all posts before posting to say this:
used 3 iphones, latest is 5c, bought into android meme with sony xperia(because that great camera)
stopped shooting pictures within 2 weeks, too slow

You're not allowed to use Sup Forums if you're under 18

Not him but let's run down through the list, shall we?

iPhones:

1.] ARE overpriced. For $600 you can buy a $400 Android phone that has relatively the same performance as the latest iPhone, 2X the RAM + a 90MB/s write 256GB micro SD card and get more than 2X the storage of a $1,000 128GB iPhone.

2.] literally lack a micro SD slot.

3.] You literally can't torrent on them without jailbreaking them which is impossible on iOS 9.3

4.] There are literally Android phones with 4K res screens, aplel us still stuck in 2012 with 1080p screens.

5.] This is half true, iPhones before the iPhone 6s have dogshit battery life.

6.] This is subjective but holds weight because of the gimping apple does on older iPhones.

7.] Fact

8.] Fact

9.] Fact

10.] Fact

11.] Fact

12.] Fact

13.] While the latest iPhone can multi-task well it will lag over time as the mere 2GB of RAM are quickly used up. So it's half true.

14.] Fact

15.] Fact

>inb4 you counter all these points with sour grapes
I used to own an iPhone 5s btw.

Android, by a very small margin. Simply because I use Google everything, and so android is slightly better at integrating all that shit.

But honestly, iOS, Android.. all the same shit.

I certainly don't actually "like" any OS. I just use them.

I own both an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy s5

I use the iPhone for texting and calling and streaming and the galaxy for watching anime and movies or reading.

It's comfy

Again, yes it can.

What about all the other problems in ? Please don't reply with the same sour grape replies.

I'm in no way advocating iOS, you fucking dumbass. I'm simply saying you can play webm in iOS.
As for which is better, they both suck, Android wins because less locked down, iOS would win if it wasn't locked down.

I had literally the opposite experience. After a couple of updates on any of my Android phones they got buttfucked, but with my iPhone it's been smooth sailing since I bought it 3 years ago.

In the end it doesn't matter. Get whichever phone you want because of the looks or price or apps or whatever.

>For $600 you can buy a $400 Android phone that has relatively the same performance as the latest iPhone,
youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
Find me ANY android phone that can benchmark anywhere close to the a9.

>2X the RAM
Fucking lol. With twice the ram android can't keep half as many apps in memory. Did you actually intend this to be a positive point? Did you think even this through before bringing it up?

And I stopped reading right there. This is all I need from you. Your post is equally bullshit as the original. Eagerly awaiting you to backtrack to the "b-but no one cares about a couple of millisecs worth of difference android has this shitty showroom feature no one uses"" argument like every lagdrone always does.

i don't like either one. i fucking hate smartphones. yes it's cool to have a mini computer in your pocket but i fucking hate them, both ios, android and microsoft. i got into the jew meme, i think i'll just stick to my old motorola v3 again.

Now address all the problems in without using sour grapes.

Protip: you can't.

Resorting to shitposting already?

>sour grapes
Nice try but I'm using an android phone RIGHT NOW BTFOing you.

How are facts "shitposting"? Are you trolling me you cheeky scrublord?