$300

>$300

Give me one reason why I shouldn't buy this

Other urls found in this thread:

stalker.openpandora.org/
kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/portable-console-for-pc-games-pgs
pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/aesthetic-criticism-of-the-pandora-split-from-what-would-you-like-to-see-thread.75286/#post-1327125
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mobile botnet gtfo you normie

Even your baby hands will get hurt.

can i put lumix on it?

>Windows 10
There you go, you can thank me later.

Pandora 2

You shouldn't buy it because I , an user, say so

Specs?

It would be interesting as a portable Linux system. Would work well with emulators I'd think. I just have never liked Windows on portable devices. It always tanks battery life.

It has an ATOM processor

Uncentered keyboard
Win 10
Made in China
Company with history of poor quality hardware and testing

stalker.openpandora.org/ exists
Keyboard made for handheld operation (thumbs)
Linux|GNU
Made in Germany / case made in Greece
Solid quality, outstanding communication, and repair service

You have no use for it and having $300 is better than not having $300

>1.5GHz DualCore ARM CPU
>Pyra Standard Edition, 2GB RAM: 500 EUR without VAT
>that D-pad

Can I run desktop on it? Can I dual boot it with loonix? Could I put android on it?

I'd buy it if the answer to at least one of these questions is 'yes'

funny, i wonder if that joypad will be compatible with xinput

total trash of its not

already own a good atom z8300 tablet
the capabilites are amazing considering the amount of power it uses

it can play doom3 on max settings in one of the mid-range 4:3 resolutions (because my old copy of doom3 has no widescreen support)
and i've thrown various other games on it

60fps on mount and blade also
DX7 mode
1280x800
high settings, no shading

because you can't see shit the screen is small

300$

painfully underpowered.

>visual novels in your pocket
>mpc-hc with madvr
>full size usb
>microsd slot
>less than an inch thick

why doesn't this exist?

Shill as fuck.

Windows 10

I use Windows on a 4.5" screen daily.

Yes, possibly, possibly

You might be able to put Linux on this, and there's always the Pandora/Pyra/ whatever.

This also exists.
kickstarter.com/projects/1606226331/portable-console-for-pc-games-pgs

[spoiler]I backed both of them.[/spoiler]

Thats a shill argument you got there, its almost like you fell back on some sort of default rebuttal that incidently thwarted itself. And then decided, - no, im going to do this right and make sure there is no doubt.

>backing a scam

Ok, trying to help you here, listen to this.
While for some interpretation of "exist", you are right, for every meaningful portion of it, no.

There is no prototype, admittedly so, and they just recently said they wish to make one before the campaign ends…
That is against kickstarter rules, a kickstarter that will not vouch for you should you not have noticed. They took other products, hooked them up, and then called that a prototype. It isn't.
The GPD anything doesn't exist.
GPD cuts every corner it can, and produces in China, they have a known backing structure and company. In no known universe does some russian PGS rendering-company with no known backing or experience undercut that and win.

It also leads you to believe it can include a cellular modem, which has telephony services.
That is what the Pyra is, which makes the comparison even more wishful. There is no more rationally operated comparison you could wish for. Someone can make up a price, and a product, and you can believe in it, short of evidence. The magic is not real, it doesn't exist.

I will give you one reason to buy it:
More ports than a macbook

I meant "The PGS anything doesn't exist."
Certainly not so at 330 dollaridoos.

They cant be a member of the handset alliance and advertise dualbooting, and they cant not be a member and advertise android. They cant secure SoCs, because there is a moq of 1000.
We could go on and on.

Wow, just noticed they changed their category to
"Product design" away from technology.
Kickstarter has special rules on technology.
Look it up.

I just really, really, REALLY want handheld Windows gaming to be a thing. I'll keep an eye on it for further red flags before the campaign ends though.

you have a botnet in your pocket already, why buy another for $300??????

Poor battery life.

Where can you buy it? It's on indiscamscam

>portable Linux system
Wouldn't work as a mobile device requires software compatibility, and we know how that goes.

Gearbest has it on notification.

It does work, because we have the openpandora to vouch for it. And every other open handheld.
There are a great many ways of making even "incompatible" binary x86 code run outside of its environment.

>Jovstick button

Until proof of it being otherwise, you can't

Oranges are orange that doesn't make all red things apples desu senpai

You have to be mentally retarded.

>L3/R3 instead of LS/RS
of course a pajeet designed this.

anyways, if i could get it for €300 i would.

This post got me excited until I remembered I have an android phone that emulates any console this thing could feasibly and that any native Windows game I would want to play on this thing wouldn't play well.

Morrowind is maybe the only game I'd want to play on this that I can't play on Android and that is getting ported to Android eventually, too.

What's the point, OP? If you already own a phone, just buy a clip on phone controller. The experience will probably be better in every single way.

it looks autistic

I backed it so I could have a handheld that can put a dent in at least the Indie portion of my Steam backlog.

lol visual novel. Like your mongolian cartoons can even be mentioned in the same breath as classic literature.

Holy fuck, you couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

The Pyra is weak as fuck, overpriced and ugly.

And what kind of gaming controls do you have on that Android phone?
Could feasibly '____' is where that ends for me.

As the owner of one of those clip on controllers for an Android phone, I find this device fucking laughable.

Gentoo is better! Trust me

Thought experiment: phones can be significantly thinner excluding the camera and the 3.5 jack, right? The iPhone is approaching half the thickness of HTC evo era phones. I feel that a Nintendo DS form factor smart device could be incredible with current tech. It could be thing enough to comfortably fit in your pocket. Place a mic and speaker on the back of the device, so you can close it and make a call with out having the touch screen against your face. Extra battery would be needed for the extra display. It won't be superior to physical buttons but having an entire extra FHD+ display dedicated to input would be an improvement, and of course it would be great for multitasking. 3.5mm on the bottom so the top can be as thin as possible. I'd buy one

It is more than fast enough for what it does. It has a modular board with SoC and memory, so you can upgrade. Even make your own if that is your thing.
You can design your own case, since you get the case-files. It is not more-so ugly than any alternative, which is the GPD win, end of. And that isn't a phone, doesn't have the same amount of ports, spies on the user, and not the same community.

If there is nothing about the Pyra you appreciate, you bring into question your own motives.
I never hid mine.

A bunch with a cheap ass bluetooth controller and tape.

So you can either play games, or type on a keyboard. With both you look silly, and nothing really compares to either of them, while maintaining the idea that it should fit your pockets.

Unless you can fit the whole board and the gaming-controls in the space of the underlying battery, you end up with game-controls eating away at the thinness. If you make it big enough it would work, but then it would be a device needing a keyboard.

Doesn't look silly you are just a faggot.
Are you really going to jam this shit into your pocket along with your phone and wallet?

I 'bought' this because it occupies that sweet spot where a laptop needs to be smaller but a smart phone is stupid large. Sure you can sort of do most of what it does on android but the keyboard and and joystick/mouse doesn't exist on phones.

Anyways the processor is a bit underwhelming but after checking up on it I'm actually worried more about thermal throttling. Putting anything more powerful in it would be a waste what with no fan.

Macroshaft winding is a downer but they mentioned the bootloader being typical of a laptop allowing for alternative OS's. I've heard some good and bad about similar devices so I'll assume Linux is a possibility but probably with problems.

TLDR it's an UMPC with specs that aren't 10+years old and not absurdly priced, get it if this is your kink

The main reason behind the idea is that you can utilize both ~5 inch high ppi displays to consume content. One web page scrolling across both, messaging on the bottom with a movie up top, etc. When you need to input you'll have the entire bottom display for it. No physical buttons, just a standard ARM SOC, maybe two sd card slots, moto z tier thinness on the top, iPhone tier thickness on the bottom. The battery life should be superior to a normal smartphone because the bottom would have standard battery life, as well as the top but it would only be powering a 1080p display.

>I use Windows on a 4.5" screen daily.
post pics or didn't happen

$300
Emulators
Windows 10
Large as fuck

It's just an impractical smartphone that can't text or make calls.

>madvr with that shitty atom
yeah right

the eking s515 is still a better device than this.

>weak as shit cpu with loud as micro fan
>two hour battery life
>800x480 5 inch resolution

oh but wait
>can make phone calls in the US (I used straight talk sim card for validation)
>can also text with the same app that makes calls
>windows 7
>can play games like rct, diablo, emulators up to snes (although it does run a little slow)
>slide-tilt screen that hides keyboard
>keyboard isn't a chore to type on because it's no too small and doesn't have retarded autism controls like a fucking gamepad

yeah, your shitty toy will never amount to anything

overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/pgs_-_the_fully_portable_pc_gaming_system/1¨
How about this?

L3 and R3 are separate buttons.

Does it support GSM?
If it does i'm sold.
If not i'm getting the new Pandora and fuck it.

that thing looks super cool but at the same time I'm pretty sure that it's a scam..

I have my doubts it will ever get shipped. If it does though, I will definitely get one.

>720p
>windows 10
>2mb cache $25 processor
>$330

Haha yeah no OP shill this shit elsewhere

>I'm pretty sure that it's a scam
yeah, like no way in hell they can sell a machine this small with intel 14nm cpu and 8gb ram with 128ssd inside it under 300$
but what if this really is true? Would this be the next
>BTFO (insert here) SUICIDE WATCH

exactly. The kickstarter is already over the goal and they plan on shipping the kickstarter the same month as the global launch. If it actually happens, I'll gladly pay a small premium for someone else test it first and so that I don't get scammed. It doesn't even ship until march of next year and that's way beyond paypal protections so fuck that.

looks uncomfortable as fuck

then this might fall for the same category
>indiegogo.com/projects/magicstick-most-powerful-pc-stick-8gb-ram#/
I want to believe ;__;
I want to see tech that would blow my mind

Most Steam VNs need DirectX 11 and D11 dont works with atoms.

that thing doesn't look nearly as unreasonable though.

I don't really know why it exists (or why someone tried to make it exist). It's like someone tried to merge a HTPC into a TV stick. It's cool and all but making it smaller only cut out actual useful features for an HTPC. And if you want to argue that it's portable, it's nowhere near as portable as a chinese tablet with those specs for the same price with a built in screen and battery.

But yeah, I can see the same thing happening. By the time March next year rolls around they'll have to delay for some stupid reason. First it will be because they received so many orders that they have to find another factory to fulfill the order. Then they'll delay again, but this time it's because they are updating it an adding a new super feature. Then it's just delay after delay.

I got shot down at the Pyra forums for suggesting some major changes to the look of the Pyra because I too thought it was super ugly. I actually did wanted the system to look like how the GPD WIN turned out to be,

But EVERYONE there said I was wrong, that they didn't want it to look like a toy, that the shitty circle D-Pad was fine.

Holy shit those people over there are the worst.

Fuck Pyra.

Forgot link to topic.

pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/aesthetic-criticism-of-the-pandora-split-from-what-would-you-like-to-see-thread.75286/#post-1327125

>hur dur cuckshit happens and everyone dies in the end
>muh classic culture
So progressive.

W10
unrelated:
Microsoft is now sending me drop-dead msgs. to upgrade to W10 by 7/29
[or I'll get stabbed by that kiwi in the other thread]

I have never said this ever on this board but here it goes

How fucking autistic are you?

very

x5-Z8550 supports DX11.2

>no ridge looks better
The 3ds SCREEN gets scratched to fuck if you want to close it. I'd rather have the ugly ridge if it meant I wouldn't need to worry about sticking the fucker in my pocket.
Circle d-pads are fucking retarded. The nubs are fucking retarded too, they should be sticks like the Vita. There's plenty of vertical space to dip into to make sticks that don't stick out and plenty of horizontal space to make them comfortable. If the Pyrafags are defending the d-pad and nubs then fuck that system, it's going to be shit.

Just get a psp if you want one of these for games. You can load cfw and get al the games for free and get emulators.

Been done before and failed hard.
Enjoy your hipster toy

Ergonomics

Did you fail to see the rest of the things this has? You have a touchscreen phone running a phone OS with an attachable game controller. This is a device with a real keyboard, game controls, and a desktop OS.

I find your opinions laughable.

>having a touchscreen is bad
>being able to pick what keyboard you want is bad
>having an OS designed for small screens is bad, instead, use one made for 20 inch desktop screens
Nice b8.

>power button adjacent to volume
worst design I've ever seen

>having a touchscreen is bad
It is when you have no keyboard.
>being able to pick what keyboard you want is bad
What are we talking about? Shitty virtual keyboards? I gladly give up that ability for an attached one.
>having a phone OS is bad when you're using it for things other than being a phone
Yes.

>real keyboard
That keyboard is garbage and you know it, the built in Windows on screen keyboard is more usable.

This also has a touchscreen and can use a phone OS and applications.

>That keyboard is garbage and you know it
How do you know I know it? Fucking tripfaggot twat.
>Windows onscreen keyboard is better
Doubtful.

>muh Windows
Yeah man, I just cannot fucking wait until I get to my desk to do certified Windows™ activities like editing in Photoshop™ or modeling in AutoCAD™. I also cannot carry a laptop around, because that's just dumb! This device with a 5 inch screen and Intel Atom™ processor is just perfect for my needs!

Looks like a shitty DS Lite clone

Good luck carrying a laptop in your pocket. Are you really saying there's no point in having a portable Windows machine?

>Doubtful.
Not only is it not doubtful, its a fucking given. With the on screen keyboard you will get predictive text that auto corrects for minor errors and you will be able to type faster and more comfortably. Its a fucking meme keyboard throwback from before resisitive touchscreens were around.

>it's a given that it's bad because it's not a touchscreen keyboard
Oh wait, you were serious? Let me laugh even fucking harder

Yes! What a good point! When I'm standing in line at the local cargo pants store, it would be hard for me to use a laptop. Good thing this nifty device lets me continue my music production in Fruit Loops™ studio! My DJ career will take off soon!

>resistive
Capacitive?
An active digitizer on this thing would really help though, bringing things resistive touchscreens had like pressure sensitivity and accuracy.

garbage specs, garbage OS
buy open pandora buy open source

Where does this shitty cargo pants meme keep coming from? Do you all wear skinny jeans or something?
I'll give you a hint, you don't need cargo pants to actually have pockets, you just need to stop wearing womens clothing.

Er ya.
The only reason people put up with those tiny keyboards on devices was because they needed a small form factor, there is a reason those keyboards fucking disappeared from devices, its because they are a nightmare to use.